Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Proposed Constitution for AGM

Proposed Constitution to be approved at the AGM on the 22nd June 2013.

DIVISION ONE (20 clubs)

Amersham Town, Arlesey Town Reserves, Baldock Town, Bedford, Buckingham Athletic, Chesham United Reserves, Codicote, Crawley Green, FC Broxbourne Borough, Harpenden Town, Kentish Town, Kings Langley, Langford, Risborough Rangers, Southall, Stony Stratford Town, Sun Postal Sports, Welwym Garden City, Winslow United, Wodson Park.

So Kentish Town will still be in Division 1 next season then!

What's happened to Harpenden reserves?

How come Baldock Reserves have gone straight into Div 1, did they win the Herts Reserves Div 1?

Baldock Reserves finished 2nd in the Herts County Reserves Div 1.

Have Harpenden Reserves gone to the Suburban? Or disbanded?

Of course, why shouldn't they be, they didn't finish in the bottom two

Amersham Town did finish in the bottom 2 (like they do regularly) - and heaped embarrassment upon the SSML in the process - yet it didnt seem to matter for them! I feel a bit sorry for New Bradwell St Peter. Nice club - relegated for one bad (albeit very bad) season. Yet they didnt cheat or lie or bend the rules and they still got relegated.

Either the football matters more (as I believe it should do) or it should all be based on who has floodlights and facilities and who doesnt.

At the moment there just seems to be confusion and unfairness.

I feel a bit sorry for New Bradwell St Peter. Nice club - relegated for one bad (albeit very bad) season. Yet they didnt cheat or lie or bend the rules and they still got relegated.

New Bradwell St Peter REQUESTED relegation.

This season was slightly different in the fact of the changes higher up the Pyramid. We had no teams relegated into our league from Step 4, we lost 3 teams from the Premier - 2 due to promotion and another (Haringey Borough) via the restructuring of the Pyramid. Therefore three teams promoted from Division One to maintain the required number of 22 teams. For Division One we lost another team (Cranfield United - resigning from the league).

I'd have relegated Hatfield at the very least and promoted whoever finished 4th or 5th with the necessary ground grading.

No offence Hatfield supporters, but two reprieves in two seasons is a bit much for me. Lets reward success, not failure.

The question is are the two teams that finished in the relegation places better than the teams than finished 4th and 5th in Division 1? I the SSML received clubs from the leagues above then someone would have been relegated. They promoted the 3rd place team so that is ok.

I must say when Leverstock Green got promoted back into the Premier division we finished 4th in division 1.

but two reprieves in two seasons is a bit much for me. Lets reward success, not failure.

Jonno - Yes, similar to Kentish Town before they finally got relegated

Seems like some information about fixtures is trickling out now, but as a full list do they tend to end up on Mitoo first?

Yes.

Edited by Savagebee

Hertford Town got Hatfield at home up first in a derby match to open the new SSML season. (Insert noise of many ghosts rubbing hands together here) Buzzing for next year and we kept nearly all of last season's squad so should be pushing for a top 4 finish given our end of season form. COYB!