Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

I see what you are saying, but the club have been loyal to these players, and maybe they could have been a small part of the squad to of stayed and had other new players built in around them - just my opinion.  I know most of these players and I get on really well with them, this isn't being bitter.

Lost 4-0 today to St Margs.  

On a brighter note Warren Gladdy has signed back on, with 1 or 2 more players coming down for a friendly on Tuesday, hopefully things will be looking up!

What exactly did Oxhey Jets do for these players that showed loyalty that another club couldn't? Are we missing something here, did they do stuff for the players that should've made them stay? Loyalty is a funny word to use, because this level of football isn't important enough for loyalty. Wholesale changes happen to squads all the time in non league football, everyone knows that.

Good signing, I hope things do get better at the Jets. I enjoyed watching them last year and it's a nice little set up there, nice burgers and a lovely drop of bitter.

What exactly did Oxhey Jets do for these players that showed loyalty that another club couldn't? Are we missing something here, did they do stuff for the players that should've made them stay? Loyalty is a funny word to use, because this level of football isn't important enough for loyalty. Wholesale changes happen to squads all the time in non league football, everyone knows that.

Good signing, I hope things do get better at the Jets. I enjoyed watching them last year and it's a nice little set up there, nice burgers and a lovely drop of bitter.

Loyalty at this level is more often to the manager and their mates who they are playing with.  Most players aren't really bothered which badge is on the shirt they are playing in.  Money rarely comes into it either, its about enjoying their football and being part of "the gang"!

Disagree. All about the money for most.

Loyalty is always to the manager or locality of the club.

'Playing for fun' is for lower leagues and too many commitments. Every Saturday and tues/wed for the first 4 months of the season is too much for alot of players, especially the older ones with families etc.

From the Leverstock Green website:

Leverstock Green F.C. Chairman/Secretary Brian Barter released the following statement this evening:

"Having received a phone call from Steve Benitez earlier today.

Please be advised that due to pressure of work in Spain, Steve has had to relinquish his post as first team manager.

Dan Manzi will take on the role of Manager with immediate effect.

The Officers and Committee would like to wish Steve all the very best for the future.

He will always be welcome at the club."

Could be a blessing in disguise for Levy, maybe now they will stop trying to pass their way out of their own 6 yard box and concede less goals.

Will miss those lovely locks on the side lines though. Viva la hairband

Disagree. All about the money for most.

Loyalty is always to the manager or locality of the club.

'Playing for fun' is for lower leagues and too many commitments. Every Saturday and tues/wed for the first 4 months of the season is too much for alot of players, especially the older ones with families etc.

I think you are right Claret there except i dont actually think there is as much money at this level as people are led to believe. But players are easily swayed by the £££ which is understandable if you're doing something you enjoy why not get paid and do it.

Over at Sun many years ago when we first come up there was an injection and budget. 2 months into the season all cut and to be fair not a single player left but i feel that was down to as you say locality and a bit the manager. Which again looks to be more so manager loyalty at the moment with Hobbsy.

Caammmmm on the Sun!

Same with us. Not a penny paid out but our manager seems to get players to sign and play for nothing, alot to do with good previous experience with our manager and the 'gang' element, mates playing together.

Gonna be a very tight one this year, maybe even a luton and Watford top 2.

its a shame Money comes into football at every level and is causing major issues, just this week we have had another local south Mids club offer one of our players £50 a game. 

We've had another club offer one of our players £20 a game. I'm not being funny but is that going to make much difference to an adult on a full wage????

Out of interest if players are being paid does it have to be on a contract basis?

its a shame Money comes into football at every level and is causing major issues, just this week we have had another local south Mids club offer one of our players £50 a game. 

Name and shame  :P

As much as I would like to I won't as the committee were totally unaware when I contacted them. Another manager promising the world then when it goes tits up its the club that have to answer the questions

Gonna be a very tight one this year, maybe even a luton and Watford top 2.

I've said it before, as far as I know we are one of only probably 4 or 5 teams that don't pay at all. So hard to attract players, but even harder to keep them, specially when your doing well.

And yeah I've experienced players moving clubs for £20 a week! Even dropping down a standard to earn it. Mental. I was always told 'play as high as possible for as long as possible'.

Why is it a problem Adie if you have a good player who could play at a higher level and earn money? Apart from the problem your manager has of losing him. Have you lost many like this?

We are all for players succeeding and playing at a higher level providing we know it is a club that will help them improve etc and that he would be better off. Unfortunately there are not many clubs in MK that I would consider a step up from us. At the end of the day a difference of the odd league nowadays is nothing, facilities and ambitions (not dreams) count for a lot. 

luckily for us the players has had a few days thinking the move over and having seen what we are trying to achieve at the club and how he has been part of the club since we were in Sunday football he has decided to turn down the dollars being offered. 

Scored today for Wealdstone in there 1 3 defeat at home to Hayes & Yeading United but was then badly injured and taken to hospital :(

Bad newes for Lewis Putman hope he makes a full recovery and is back scoring goals in the 2014/15 season.

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6685&sid=bceac51e780d8e1e15d2b7e3fb784fc7

Crawley Green Fc would like to welcome the following new players to the club -

Jonny Butler - a strong, very fit, left sided player can play left bk left mid or centre mid. He has played for crawley before but was at London Colney last two years. He will add quality and experience to the squad.

Henry Mungwira - a young forward, previously with Crawley as a 17year old, has done a couple of seasons with Barton Rovers and Afc Dunstable.

Bart Pedrycz - a young goal keeper, fit, v good shot stopper and very brave. Formerly of Hitchen Town fc. With Dean Bulls help could become a very good all round goal keeper.

Hayden Wills - a very good right/or left midfielder, very fit, and adds some much needed quality to the squad. Formerly of Afc Dunstable.

Along with the step ups from reserves of Scott Harvey (formerly the reserve manager), Glenn Freeman and Lui Sarrington, The squad is looking very strong with competition in all positions. Mark Smith and the senior players have worked very hard at getting these additions in. Our August is very tough with players missing, still on holiday and weddings etc but its such a long season. Can't wait until tomorrow.

Come on you dirty clarets

We are all for players succeeding and playing at a higher level providing we know it is a club that will help them improve etc and that he would be better off. Unfortunately there are not many clubs in MK that I would consider a step up from us. At the end of the day a difference of the odd league nowadays is nothing, facilities and ambitions (not dreams) count for a lot.

luckily for us the players has had a few days thinking the move over and having seen what we are trying to achieve at the club and how he has been part of the club since we were in Sunday football he has decided to turn down the dollars being offered.

Crawley Green Fc would like to welcome the following new players to the club -

Jonny Butler - a strong, very fit, left sided player can play left bk left mid or centre mid. He has played for crawley before but was at London Colney last two years. He will add quality and experience to the squad.

Henry Mungwira - a young forward, previously with Crawley as a 17year old, has done a couple of seasons with Barton Rovers and Afc Dunstable.

Bart Pedrycz - a young goal keeper, fit, v good shot stopper and very brave. Formerly of Hitchen Town fc. With Dean Bulls help could become a very good all round goal keeper.

Hayden Wills - a very good right/or left midfielder, very fit, and adds some much needed quality to the squad. Formerly of Afc Dunstable.

Along with the step ups from reserves of Scott Harvey (formerly the reserve manager), Glenn Freeman and Lui Sarrington, The squad is looking very strong with competition in all positions. Mark Smith and the senior players have worked very hard at getting these additions in. Our August is very tough with players missing, still on holiday and weddings etc but its such a long season. Can't wait until tomorrow.

Come on you dirty clarets

Like to wish Hayden Wills all the best at Crawley. Very decent person and a great addition