Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Well done Andy!

Fantastic!  2013 is going to be a great year for sport:

Lions win in Australia

Murray wins Wimbledon

now for the Ashes!

actually feel inspired by Murray's success,if only we had more people in this country with his determination,backbone and bolocks.

Spot on!

Still got some fools harping on about the "anyone but England" quote from all those years ago.

Few know the real context of it.

From a couple of years ago:

Speaking to Jonathan Overend on BBC Radio 5 Live the British No 1 said: "I'm surprised that the whole thing stuck [his reported dislike of England].

"I got asked about it a couple of days ago in interviews and they asked 'Why did you say that you bought a Paraguay shirt when England were playing against them?'.

Murray stressed: "I never once had a Paraguay shirt and I never once said anything about that. I am pretty sure there won't have been quotes of me saying it in the paper.

"The journalist said to me 'So Andy are you going to be supporting Scotland in the World Cup?', knowing that Scotland hadn't qualified and he started laughing.

"So he asked me who I would be supporting in the World Cup, and I said 'Anyone but England ha-ha' and all of a sudden it's the biggest story ever."

However, the 22-year-old from Dunblane has put the episode behind him.

"That's the one thing that has annoyed me in the past, but I have moved on. Some of my family is English, my girlfriend is English, I work with two English fitness trainers, my coach is from Zimbabwe, but if you ask him where he's from he's English. I have an English physio, I live down here in London now, and I have a lot of English friends.

"I learnt a lot from it, as I realised the guys from the press are not your friends, and you can't joke with them about stuff like that. It's not worth it. It's not worth the hassle.

"It's fine to make jokes about yourself, but if you make jokes about other players, or football teams, it's big news."

• 3 months later...

I see that Andy Murray received his OBE at Buckingham Palace this week, i wonder how long it will be before he goes back to collect his Knighthood:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2464410/Kim-Sears-wears-2-000-outfit-celebrate-Andy-Murrays-OBE.html

• 7 months later...

I see that Andy Murray has surprisingly employed Amelie Mauresmo as his new Coach, I’ve no idea of his reasoning behind the decision at all as what has Mauresmo won at the end of the day compared to the great Ivan Lendl who, as we know, actually won Wimbledon last year, not Murray!

I see that Andy Murray has surprisingly employed Amelie Mauresmo as his new Coach, I’ve no idea of his reasoning behind the decision at all as what has Mauresmo won at the end of the day compared to the great Ivan Lendl who, as we know, actually won Wimbledon last year, not Murray!

Mauresmo won Wimbledon too Rhodesly, also the Australian Open.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that Women's tennis

Well you wanted to know what she'd won and now red-faced upon finding out that she has some serious accomplishments under her belt you are waffling Rhodesly. Men have coached top women, women have coached grand slam winning men since forever but it's not good enough for you so the time is perfect for you to display some sexism.

Well you wanted to know what she'd won and now red-faced upon finding out that she has some serious accomplishments under her belt you are waffling Rhodesly. Men have coached top women, women have coached grand slam winning men since forever but it's not good enough for you so the time is perfect for you to display some sexism.

Loosely - You're priceless, I'm surprised you didn't mention Billie Jean King beating Bobby Riggs in the 70's

Loosely - You're priceless, I'm surprised you didn't mention Billie Jean King beating Bobby Riggs in the 70's

Thank you Rhodesly, it appears that several people are priceless since they agree with me that you are out of order making it a sexist issue, although what you are trying to make it now is beyond me. No doubt you'll attempt to make this a personal argument next. It's a well tried and pathetic Modus Operandi. 

Loosely – You’re the one who always turns these threads into a personal spat, it’s really childish and says a lot about your character. Where have I made any sexual issue about Amelie Mauresmo’s shock appointment as Andy Murray’s new Coach, we all know that she was mistaken for a man when she first burst onto the tennis scene however it was later clarified that she is actually a woman.

And here we go again...

It is a shame that you can't have a discussion on here without Rhodesly taking umbrage.

At least there's no chance of Andy's foxy girlfriend Kim getting jealous is there