Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tigers Now Debt Free

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/tigers-are-debt-free-23894/#_

At last! A bit of good news for Gloucester City.

Also, the Tigers have been priced at 40/1 for promotion this season.

But have you put a few bob on them, Adam  ??

I've put £20 on them at 40/1.  

Having seen the first pre-season game at Longlevens (Gloucestershire County Step 7 side), I have to say I wasn't that impressed.  We're again relying on Bristol Academy/Bristol Rovers cast-offs although we might be signing a good Conference Premier standard 'keeper called James Bittner (been at FGR and Hereford).

Despite the heat, we didn't play as well as we should.  Yes, I know that some people say that pre-season means nothing, but when you consider how well Slough have done against opponents one or two steps below them so far then that's obviously putting them in good stead.

Guiseley and North Ferriby look very good, and I think both will be at least top 6.  Gloucester might make 10th but there are a lot of good teams in the North this season (Leamington and Hednesford will cause problems, whilst Barrow and AFC Telford will want to bounce back to the Conference Premier).

Nice little earner if they pull it off !

• 2 weeks later...

From seeing their pre-season games so far, I do feel that it's going to be a hard ask this season.

We've not looked convincing enough,in my opinion, and lost to Step 5 opposition in Brimscombe & Thrupp.  Only a few players (Joe Parker, Scott Wilson and possibly new recruit Matt Groves) look good and the remaining trialists seem to blow hot or cold.  No real consistency and given that North Ferriby are getting some lads in from Hull City Youth on loan/dual contract and Colwyn Bay have signed up Akinbiyi and Chimbonda we urgently need a few star players in.

James Bittner could be a good number 1 for us, but apparently Kidderminster want him and have more money to offer.

Top 12 would be good, at this rate.

From seeing their pre-season games so far, I do feel that it's going to be a hard ask this season.

We've not looked convincing enough,in my opinion, and lost to Step 5 opposition in Brimscombe & Thrupp.  Only a few players (Joe Parker, Scott Wilson and possibly new recruit Matt Groves) look good and the remaining trialists seem to blow hot or cold.  No real consistency and given that North Ferriby are getting some lads in from Hull City Youth on loan/dual contract and Colwyn Bay have signed up Akinbiyi and Chimbonda we urgently need a few star players in.

James Bittner could be a good number 1 for us, but apparently Kidderminster want him and have more money to offer.

Top 12 would be good, at this rate.

I'm afraid that's the trouble in these dark days of being poor, Adam.

Paying top professionals thousands of pounds a week has got a lot to answer for !

Archived