Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor FC Club Website

Rother

No criticism as I should imagine it's all voluntary but t's been pretty much unchanged for 2 years and could do with a quick makeover on the Homepage I feel.

Some news on the Homepage would look good, rather than having to click through - plus get rid of Michael Chennells' knobbly knees and replace with some more recent pictures - and showing the panel of 5 rotating pictures serves no purpose.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Agree Rother,it does need upgrading a little & before the techies say all the news is on twitter not all of us have twitter nor want it,but as you say all of this is on a voluntary basis & I guess time is an issue as well.

Going off on another tack,no news on season tickets published either & the season is only three weeks away

No criticism as I should imagine it's all voluntary but t's been pretty much unchanged for 2 years and could do with a quick makeover on the Homepage I feel.

Some news on the Homepage would look good, rather than having to click through - plus get rid of Michael Chennells' knobbly knees and replace with some more recent pictures - and showing the panel of 5 rotating pictures serves no purpose.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Rother, the rotating pictures with headlines are the most recent news stories, so no need to 'click through' as you call it. This give the most recent news without having to go hunting for it hence the 5 rotating pictures do serve a purpose. It is all about space management and getting things to fit together nicely.

There is a change coming but these things take time.

Derby, the season ticket details should be available sometime over the weekend.

I am aware of that. So how do I read the News Stories on the Homepage without clicking through?

Ermm, if not "clicking through", what would you call it?

:)

So you don't want to click any links to be able to get to all the news, so what you are asking for is the homepage to be one big long list of news articles?

No, not really, I said "some news" not "all the news".

Maybe the most recent news article in full, with others in precis, but in a list rather than over the top of the rotating pictures which you have to wait to change. I just want to scroll a list in 5 seconds rather than wait for them to click over.

Might sound daft but time in seconds and sheer convenience is important to people browsing a site, particularly one they visit often.

Anyway look, these are merely my observations, intended to be constructive and helpful, but I have no knowledge of the restrictions in design, or complexity cost of work involved

Something to consider, is all.

I like the website. It is easy on the eye and simple to use. If you don't want to wait for it to tick over for a story click on one of the smaller pics underneath to view what the next story is. You could add a link to scoopit for news but I say if it aint broken don't fix it.

Hmm, looking back I think I may have been slightly ambiguous...

I too like the rotating images (could do with fresh match-action ones being loaded regularly) but it's the little panel underneath (that shows all 5) I think is a bit superfluous.

I think that could go, as could appearances and goalscorers (elsewhere) and make way for more News.

Anyway, no matter, it's just one person's observations and I'm sure all feedback is welcome.

I look forward to the imminent refresher.

Oh Lord.

Makes no difference to me who looks after the website to be honest.  :mellow: But I'm afraid I shan't be offering any help.

I find it hard to believe the officers of this Community Club would not want to encourage constructive and polite feedback and input from their fans on a whole variety of subjects, including the website.

Whether they choose to act on it is their prerogative of course! 

It could be a hell of a lot worse. It could be one of those god-awful Pitchero websites that are a greater plague than speed cameras. Now, if we could get Clarkson interested in that...

It could be a hell of a lot worse. It could be one of those god-awful Pitchero websites that are a greater plague than speed cameras. Now, if we could get Clarkson interested in that...

I'm certainly NOT a lover of Pitchero.

It's fine for young 'tweeters, who have little to say, but apart frtom that..............  !!

Personally I do think twitter and facebook are the way to go as you pretty much get real time updates instead of wating for a website update or reports in the paper...I know those mediums are not everyones cup of tea but this is just my opinion plus you get good updates from other clubs too all in one place.

Mal you could put a twitter feed into the website. I have seen other clubs do this and you get up to the minute info then. As Rother says just an idea ;)

Personally I do think twitter and facebook are the way to go as you pretty much get real time updates instead of wating for a website update or reports in the paper...I know those mediums are not everyones cup of tea but this is just my opinion plus you get good updates from other clubs too all in one place.

Mal you could put a twitter feed into the website. I have seen other clubs do this and you get up to the minute info then. As Rother says just an idea ;)

I really enjoy seeing a well laid out and populated website. This is where the club can communicate at ease to those that want more detail and information. Twitter is restricted to 140 characters per posting so ideal for score updates or for making general announcements eg postponements, new signings etc. As for Facebook, updates are sporadic. While abroad, it was Twitter that was easier to follow. Question is, who will be able to post officially during the game?

What I would like to see is more people contribute to the website so my finger gets pointed at everyone.

Humpty, the inclusion of a Twitter 'window' has already been included as part of the revamp.

I don't want anyone to think that I am not open to ideas because I am.  All I ask is that if you do have an idea please give some sort of example either by a visual mock up or a site that already does something similar.

And if anyone wants to help contribute to the site then please talk to me as help is always appreciated.

Archived