Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ian Tomlinson

I don't know as much about Ian Tomlinson as you seem to but it appears he was merely a menace to himself. The police have always been there to protect society from other parts of society, it's not a new role however unfortunately one of those elements from those other parts of society had found his way into an organisation we all rely upon. The thug policeman had already previously been sacked from one force and wheedled his way somehow into another. I doubt that Ex-PC Harwood had any prior knowledge of the alcoholic soon to be dead menace Ian Tomlinson before he decided to forcefully push him to the ground and had no desire to. Not the sort of policeman any of us need the next time we get tanked up and the mouth loses it's sensible braking system.

As such it was a wrongful death and of course any family will seek compensation in these days, however it is entirely appropriate that the Met are punished for failing to weed out the thug during the recruitment process.

I suggest posters should look into Ex P.C. Harwood's police disciplinary record BEFORE his attack took place.

He certainly wasn't a saint !!

I suggest posters should look into Ex P.C. Harwood's police disciplinary record BEFORE his attack took place.

He certainly wasn't a saint !!

10 disciplinaries in 12 years. Thug in a uniform, I expect it shames decent coppers.

Not sure about this, but I thin Surrey Police asked him to  'leave'  !

Harwood seemed to dodge hearings by taking sick leave or resigning on "medical grounds". Once from the Met and then from Surrey before re-joining the Met and racking up more. It would have been more relevant if the jury had been allowed to hear of his record and meanwhile the Met have settled a second case out of court where he punched a 14 year old girl and told her to go back to her "African village".  Blokes a cnut. Obvious is obvious.

Harwood seemed to dodge hearings by taking sick leave or resigning on "medical grounds". Once from the Met and then from Surrey before re-joining the Met and racking up more. It would have been more relevant if the jury had been allowed to hear of his record and meanwhile the Met have settled a second case out of court where he punched a 14 year old girl and told her to go back to her "African village".  Blokes a cnut. Obvious is obvious.

Quite so, Loose !!

he sounds like a nasty piece of work and thankfully he isn't still in a uniform but think its fair to say he hasn't harmed society or cost the taxpayer millions in the same way Tomlinson has.

Do you not accept though that alcoholism is a disease Basil?

not really no,every alcoholic and drug addict I've known has been a selfish pr1ck chanting their mantra "life isn't fair", does alcohol affect people in different ways?- most definitely,i decided some time ago not to drink as i'm not prone to have 'one or two' for me going for a quick pint can lead to a three day drink and drug binge, therefore I don't pick up the first pint.some people can't drink therefore its their responsibility not to do so.

I would say that alcoholism is an illness - I did drink quite heavily around the ages of 22 to 24, but I realised that I'd probably be dead if I carried on so I went teetotal for two years and it saved me.

I like the odd drink now and again, but my days of 14 pints a night are gone.

Refuse to believe its an illness.

Maybe a weakness that can kill,like fags and the addiction to them but you wouldn't say smoking was an illness and ultimately both could have the same effect in the end,death but an illness is invariably something you catch that you can do nothing about,both smoking and drinking you can do something,stop

Loosely - That's a strange question, Anybody can be driven to alcoholism the way the World sadly is today, it's certainly not a disease in the true sense of the word

Loosely - That's a strange question, Anybody can be driven to alcoholism the way the World sadly is today, it's certainly not a disease in the true sense of the word

Rhodesly - I'd thought it was relevant at the time and who I asked it of. I believe that I've read that doctors see it as a disease and I think it's a very sad one for anyone who "has it" and also their loved ones, or the people that love them, parents, partners, children.

However I think it is a terrible addiction that anyone can beat if they want to enough but that they themselves have to want to. It is not enough for other people to want it for them.

My name is Carl I am an alcoholic........help me Rhodes

I know you like a drink but somehow I don't think you would fall into that trap, you're also a devoted family man aren't you who sets the perfect example to your two children