Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Games 6th/7th August

RPV 0-3 Windsor - Lazarczuk 2, Lucas

A good nights entertainment at Raynes Park v Windsor.Firstly the game was played on an excellent surface,the Officials were decent,although Referee Mr  Mawby pulled up lame,5 minutes into the 2nd half.The game was competitive but fair,Windsor definitely have struck lucky with the Young group of Players,that Manager Mick Woodward has assembled.They are definite contenders on this showing,although the 3-0 scoreline did flatter them a little,as RPV hit a post,and Simon Moore missed a one on one,that you would of put your house on,for him to convert.The difference in keepers was immense though,would like to think the RPV Keeper had an off night.The Windsor lads have been well drilled in the REF,REF,REF, Chant,which all previous Champions in the last 3 years,have been excellent at.The downside of the night for me was not being able to speak to any of the Windsor Hierachy after the game had finished,maybe you Windsor Sec can explain why no Windsor dignitaries had the good manners to attend the Boardroom post match,or even enter the Clubhouse,to congratulate your victorious Players on their performance.I actually clapped your team off the pitch,spoke to the Referee,the Assessor,the RPV Chairman,even Ben Harris who told me that he hopes to be back in 2 weeks.But alas your Commitee Members made excuses not to be present.A VERY POOR SHOW indeed on your Clubs behalf,or maybe you still think your above anyone else,in this League.Especially as your Team play for nothing.Await Rother post,GOBBLEDEGOOK,no POOR MANNERS by WINDSOR FC.

Epsom & Ewell 2-1 Westfield

We started well first 20 mins but couldnt convert. I think the home side maybe underestimated us but they got on top as the half wore on and showed just how good a side they were. Lots of movement and we were put under a lot of pressure. They opened the scoring and probably felt they should have added again before half time. 

2nd half didnt start well for us and we conceeded again. Full credit to our lads who came back again and last half hour we were magnificent. Created several chanced but only one goal to show in the last minute.  Despite the loss was very happy with our performance. Excellent hospitality from our hosts too.

Sandhurst 1-1 Lammas

We started like a train first half and played some nice football at times, Sandhurst at the back were all over the place at the back and they looked liked they would be this seasons whipping boys. We went Into the break 1 up and disappointed is wasn't more. Then credit to Sandhurst they grafted there way back into the game and restricted us from many opportunities. They managed to equalise and take a point after one of there players was sent off too. From our side of things a bit disappointed with a point and not 3 but were take it.

Horley Town 2 Colliers Wood United 1

The very much changed Horley Town took on and beat Colliers Wood United ,only skipper Tom Winsor was a regular last season from the first team and the average age must have dropped by 10 years. 

Town took the lead through Kris Adewales who hammered past the keeper who was caught of his line for a great opening goal. Ten minutes later Colliers Wood were awarded a penalty four a foul in the box and they scored to make it one one. With fifteen to go an excellent free kick from well outside the box was fired home by Declan Smith giving the Woods goal keeper no chance and put Town two one up. It was still 2-1 at half time. In the second half Wood through everything at Town but the young defence held out well with skipper Tom Winsor leading from the back.

Oh dear, Smudge has been on the sauce again.

I'm sure we all knew he would find reason to turn on Windsor this year now Guernsey have gone, but so soon, and on such flimsy grounds?

Oh well. C'est la vie.

Rother,turn on Windsor never,everyone from Windsor I spoke to last night,Manager,Supporters,Players,Players Parents,were my kind of people,honest and open.Just a shame that your Committee Members,had to leave the Party early.I sometimes take offence,at people like your goodself,saying 'Smudge has been on the sauce again' if 2 pints is on the sauce,then yes I was.But at least I spent £6 more than your Hierachy  did,call yourself a Community Club,you do not know how lucky you are to have such a Great Manager and squad of young Players,playing for nothing.

Hi Smudge, Windsor had a couple of committee members at the game last night. I believe they were in the boardroom before the game and at half time. After the game they had to leave straight after as were transporting non committee members one of whom has been quite ill - and it was great to see that person make it back to an away game after nearly a year. The other committee person was the kitman, who directly after the game was tied up (not literally, but who knows!) in the changing rooms! Hope that explains as Windsor do make every effort and are always fully appreciative of the hospitality laid on by clubs in the league.

Here's my report from the match last night. I thought Westfield played quite well, and although they did get a bit direct towards the end, it gave us a bit more trouble as we were unable to close down the play in the middle of the park. I think that's good for Epsom that the other team had to bypass our midfield in order to create chances.

On that showing I have no doubt that Westfield will survive quite comfortably this season.

Epsom & Ewell 2-1 Westfield

Combined Counties League Premier Division

Tuesday 6th August 2013

McKay double clinches more points for the Salts.

Recently promoted Westfield were the visitors to High Road for Epsom and Ewell's first home game of the season. Both sides had won their opening matches 1-0 but the visitors were a bit of an unknown quantity, having not met for nearly eleven years. 

Unsurprisingly, an unchanged eleven started the match following the performance against Alton but it was apparent early that this team were going to be much tougher opponents. In an even opening fifteen minutes, they competed well, held as much possession as we did, and had a bit of pace down the flanks. Fortunately in Sam Currie and Jamie Hatfield we have one of the better full back pairings in the league and so the danger came to nothing.

We nearly took the lead in the 16th minute. An Epsom corner caused panic in the box and the ball found Alex McKay who got his shot on target but the ball was somehow hooked off the line by a defender before the loose ball was volleyed over by Anthony Panayi.

Alex McGregor then had a sighter from twenty-five yards that was heading into the top corner but the keeper Pavoir made a fine save to tip the ball over. However, in the 28th minute, he curled over a free kick from a similar area and McKay was there again to head the ball in from close range.   Karl Doughlin was unlucky not to score a few minutes later when he received the ball from the left, beat his man, but then scuffed his shot which missed the near post by an inch or two.

The visitors were still well in this match themselves, and Kieran Campbell was alert to make a good low save for a corner, and fortunately an unmarked Westfield player was only able to head the ball wide from that set piece, when he probably should have done better.

The Salts started the second half brightly with Reece Jackson turning and getting in a low shot that was well saved, but the keeper could do nothing about our second goal in the 51st minute, when a corner wasn't dealt with, the loose ball fell to Jackson whose effort was blocked and fell to McKay. Despite actually being sat on the ground at the time, he hooked the ball up into the top corner skilfully to double our advantage.

Jackson was just wide after another good turn and shot before being replaced by Robbie Burns, while Matt Smith came on in midfield for the tiring Doughlin. However, despite holding out fairly well for 89 minutes, we conceded in the 90th with a shot that seemed to creep in at the near post from Hennessey, and whilst it was unfortunate to concede so late, it must be said that Westfield were deserving of it, and 2-1 was a much fairer final score. On another day this game could have quite easily ended up a draw.

Edited by E&E Rich

Now now Smudge never post until you have all the facts rather than a perception.....

Totally agree Krooner.

Smudge, you may actually have had a good point, but you need to get both sides of the story or else your views will be seen as biased or having a hidden agenda. I don't believe that you have one, but you should have spoken to someone at Windsor privately first before accusing them on here.

Now now Smudge never post until you have all the facts rather than a perception.....

Krooner well aware of the facts,as for the response from Geggy holds no water.Why not out of courtesy did Windsor FC  not  ask someone to attend the Boardroom,on their behalf,think it is League rule,FACT I know it is a League Rule,Mr.McCarthy of Croydon Municipal got Fined for not attending at Farnham 3 Seasons ago,when he had a far more valid excuse than what Geggy has put forward.

Totally agree Krooner.

Smudge, you may actually have had a good point, but you need to get both sides of the story or else your views will be seen as biased or having a hidden agenda. I don't believe that you have one, but you should have spoken to someone at Windsor privately first before accusing them on here.

Rich,I know I have a good point.As for being Biased or having a Hidden Agenda,why should I have.How could I speak to someone if they had departed.

It's all about balance mate.

Last year you raised a lot of good points about Guernsey, but there were also a lot of other anti-Guernsey threads, so after a while people stopped seeing your views as impartial.

Every now and then teams struggle to get people to a game and/or have to leave soon after the game. Maybe it was just one of those occasions, but the fact you gave Windsor no chance to defend themselves before posting on here was the wrong way of doing it.

A simple pm might have provided you with an answer and/or apology if required. 

A lot of anti Guernsey threads.

Yes about Crap Hotels being used which were changed.

How GFCTV was affecting Mainland Crowds although many Clubs ignored my advice to not give them permission,thereby suffering with lower crowds.

Early Kick Offs being granted by Mainland Clubs to Guernsey,that benefitted Guernsey financially,but did not see any advantage to Mainland Clubs.

Seems to me that too many CCL Clubs and posters on here,are afraid to challenge the Status Quo,and just follow like sheep.

It's okay to knock Chessington and Hook though they are fair game are they?

Smudge, I will not explain the whys and wherefores of the club or its personnel when you accuse us of having poor manners when you couldn't even be bothered to find out the facts before posting !  Needless to say I acted in the way I would expect other clubs to do and made sure we were in the boardroom pre-match and at half time but did tell our hosts [and the referee] that we had to leave immediately post-match which they understood fully [and the reasons for doing so!] therefore if that is poor manners then I'm obviously a poor-mannered person, but only in your eyes !. 

Returning the poor manners accusation I would say that you also show poor manners as despite having been told on several occasions last season that our managers surname is Woodham you still insist on calling him Woodward and to suggest we're lucky to have assembled a group of young players discredits the manager as well as it's down to an eye for talent and his selection as opposed to luck.

We don't have a heirachy by the way, just a very hard working committee who at the end of the day are supporters first and foremost.  The one criteria for our committee is that you 'do' rather than 'talk' and anyone who wants to buy into that ethos is more than welcome to come on board - where would you fit in as it certainly wouldn't be for your PR skills ?

Apologies for getting Mick Woodhams name wrong,for the First time in my recollection,but you will say differently of course.You misread my comments you got lucky,it was meant in the context of after wasting a fortune on Superstars that failed in gaining you promotion.You employed a Manager known to you previously at Windsor FC,who had a better knowledge and contacts than the previous incumbents did.He went with Youth mainly and is doing a great job.However how long do you think you can keep him and the Players you have together,when not paying them money.That is what I mean by lucky.So you had the pre-match food and drink,then informed them that you could not stay around,so Refs attend these also how cosy.If I was a Player playing for Windsor FC,I would be annoyed that after putting in a Match Winning performance,no Committee Member would congatulate me post match in the Clubhouse for my efforts.You are fast becoming the new Corinthian Casuals of Non League.DONT PAY,DONT STAY.