Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor v South Park today

Fuzzy Royal

Well, first and second in the table clash, the two teams a lot of people have tipped for the title so should be a good exciting game.

Windsor seemed to take the game to South Park and attack aggressively, a few close shaves and then, almost inevitably, Laza was invoved in the goal. The long throw (that rarely seemed to work under Keith Scott) worked again when employed by Laza, a great flick on from our centre back and one nil, really was that simple. Not sure what Laza does differently but we just seem more likely to score from his throws. South Parks defence had struggled to defend his long throws and continued to struggle with them throughout the game.

Windsor continued to dominate, I enjoyed the comedy moment when our keeper threw the ball directly to their strike who returned the favour by scuffing his "shot" wide, i think this really summed up South Park in front of goal.

Windsor took the two goal lead required through some nice passing in the box, the ball eventually fell to Hicks who, from just inside the area, hit a thunderbolt  that had the keeper got his hands to would have been retrieving them from the net as well!!

On a side note, the goalkeeper deserves special praise, not only for his keeping but for excellent banter and being a great laugh. We always have a great joke with him and nice of him to come over and shake hands with us at the end.

The half was only marred by the referee, his incompetence was impressive, even for CCL.

The second half saw South Park press and Windsor seemed to lose our way, a shot from range that should have been comfortably tipped over somehow seemed to be tipped unto the goal?!?! Windsor tehn looked shaky for ten minutes or so.

Windsor took their time and got back into the game, and the third goal finally arrived with possibly a keeper error. Laza beat the keeper to a ball played through, he then laid it back to Sheehan, who created space and with the keeper out of position passed back to Laza who placed the ball perfectly round the two defenders on the line.

Personally I think we deserved the win and the margin, I was disappointed with the physical aspect of South Park's game, the off the ball stamping incident that was clearly seen by the lino but no action taken was poor, and the two footed challenge from behind early on that also resulted in no punishment set the tone.

I was impressed that there was no retaliation from the players showing great maturity and control, we got on with business and got what we needed.

So 9 points from 9, I can't remember when (if?) we have done that before, but with such a long way to go easy to get complacent.

So well done chaps, keep it up and more of the same please :-)

Says it all really.

Good strong performance against a team that are one of the more physical in the league.

(That was putting it mildly.)

We were fortunate that no-one went off injured from Windsor, and perhaps poetic justice that 2 of theirs did, but neither as a result of bad challenges.

Fair comments imho. I will remain guarded with my comments of the referee with the exception being that after he decided not to act upon some fairly "robust" challenges that it was inevitible that he would lose control later in the game. Also impressed with the way we kept our concentration and discipline when, under a different regime, there would have been more of a reaction.

Archived