Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Orange bibs???

Me either Pete. I don't wanna be a party pooper and be seen not towing the line, but I think clubs deserve to know....

Some observations about the new bibs on Saturday.

I cannot see where the word MUST is applied against the standardise rules for leagues, so who is going to make sure they are worn at all games.

Referees have more than enough to do already.

This season my club have their managers kit sponsored. The sponsor will not be pleased that his logo etc is not shown on kit he has paid for.

The London Lions substitutes also wore orange bibs and so there was confusion who was a substitute and who was a manager. We also have orange bibs but we made sure yesterday we wore something different.

Is this just SSML because I have not seen this any where else?

Why were clubs not consulted and therefore no respect shown to your clubs, managers and players. So respect is one way or that is what is being said.

Referees are already fully aware who managers are.

Our bench looked like builders not managers and looked pretty messy.

The away club did not have their bibs and so they wore their own ones and the physio did not wear one at all.

You could not see the wording on the bibs because the colours and size of the writing.

The bibs will not go over the winter coats that our managers will be waring in the winter, so do they go cold or wear the bibs?

If one bib gets lost who replaces it and why should a club have to pay when it did not have a say in the application of them.

The league have said they will pass on my comments and come back to me.

You make some very good points, especially with regards to winter clothing and also the subject of sponsors.

I think this is an ill thought out practice and needs addressing urgently.

Guess what I have just realised when sorting out the club bibs for the subs tomorrow, We are wearing yellow shirts so we cannot wear the yellow bibs. So we would normally then wear the orange bibs, well these will clash with the SSML bibs so no one will be able to identify the managers from the subs!

Of course the referee will because he knows already who is who.

Silly idea and not thought through.

I wouldn't call it outrage. All I've seen on here is sensible debate.

Having said that, once Clifford gets involved, all hell will probably break loose...

Here's one for you.

If I am an A/R on the opposite touch line to the Technical Areas and one of the teams is playing in orange then looking across the pitch I notice Club Officials wearing the orange bibs.

This is an obvious problem when trying to judge off sides due to the colour clash.

Do I;

a. Get on with it as the Club Officials have to wear the bibs.

b. Bring this to the attention of the Referee who tells the Club Officials to remove the bibs.

c. Bring this to the attention of the Referee who tells the players to change their jerseys.

Discuss.

Edited by petethegreek

Hope you can distinguish your oranges from your yellows tomorrow Pete

True story and try not to laugh.

Part of the requirement once upon a time to qualify as a Referee was to test to see if you were colour blind. Not sure if that is still part of the criteria. 

I heard today that the A/R flags (Orange/Yellow) clashed with the Orange bibs under lights.

sorry, I've been away...duguts have to wear bibs now!?

Pete, could you share what was said by the referee boss about the matter? Is it going to be enforced? Sounds crazy!

There is nothing on the subject in the August bulletin.