Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Jonno

Orange bibs???

Didn't see any of the Aston Clinton bench wearing them on Saturday. Maybe they could be worn as some kind of scarf in the winter !

Guess what I have just realised when sorting out the club bibs for the subs tomorrow, We are wearing yellow shirts so we cannot wear the yellow bibs. So we would normally then wear the orange bibs, well these will clash with the SSML bibs so no one will be able to identify the managers from the subs!

Of course the referee will because he knows already who is who.

Silly idea and not thought through.

I wouldn't call it outrage. All I've seen on here is sensible debate.

Having said that, once Clifford gets involved, all hell will probably break loose...

Here's one for you.

If I am an A/R on the opposite touch line to the Technical Areas and one of the teams is playing in orange then looking across the pitch I notice Club Officials wearing the orange bibs.

This is an obvious problem when trying to judge off sides due to the colour clash.

Do I;

a. Get on with it as the Club Officials have to wear the bibs.

b. Bring this to the attention of the Referee who tells the Club Officials to remove the bibs.

c. Bring this to the attention of the Referee who tells the players to change their jerseys.

Discuss.

Edited by petethegreek

Hope you can distinguish your oranges from your yellows tomorrow Pete

Hope you can distinguish your oranges from your yellows tomorrow Pete

True story and try not to laugh.

Part of the requirement once upon a time to qualify as a Referee was to test to see if you were colour blind. Not sure if that is still part of the criteria. 

I heard today that the A/R flags (Orange/Yellow) clashed with the Orange bibs under lights.

Get the managers to take off the bibs and then report them for not wearing them!

I heard today that the A/R flags (Orange/Yellow) clashed with the Orange bibs under lights.

Are you suggesting that no games shall be played under floodlights?  :lol:

sorry, I've been away...duguts have to wear bibs now!?

Pete, could you share what was said by the referee boss about the matter? Is it going to be enforced? Sounds crazy!

sorry, I've been away...duguts have to wear bibs now!?

Pete, could you share what was said by the referee boss about the matter? Is it going to be enforced? Sounds crazy!

There is nothing on the subject in the August bulletin. 

8.2. A lengthy discussion took place over the Respect bibs which had been issued to clubs with an instruction that they be worn by the management team in the technical area. Mr Ewen said there had been problems as in some cases the bibs were covering the names of club sponsors and in two cases, the bibs had brought a colour clash with the teams’ jerseys. Mr Flight pointed out that concentration had been placed on bench behaviour as this was the only area of indiscipline which had failed to improve last season. A number of clubs had not adhered to the instruction and others had said they were not in favour of coaches wearing them as the bibs covered the names of the corporate sponsors.

After carefully considering the various representations made by a number of clubs, the committee agreed that the bibs should instead be worn by the substitutes. The only exceptions would be where a colour clash occurred necessitating an alternative arrangement. Non-compliance would result in a fine being imposed. Any club requiring extra Respect bibs is asked to contact Bob Flight.