Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor v Camberley

Cheers, that's nice to hear.

And, after the fairly gloomy reports about Camberley's likely prospects after Saturday I was expecting a more comfortable game yesterday if I'm honest. We haven't had an easy game yet, but you certainly didn't look a bad outfit to me.

Rother, I agree with 2TAT, your players were far from bigtime, especially your captain who was incredibly modest. 

Having played in the match, I felt our chances at Camberley were out of reach when our centre midfielder went off injured which meant we reluctantly started playing the long ball which doesn't suit us at all. Nevertheless Windsor will do well this year, though there must be reason for concern considering both of Camberley's goals came from running directly through the middle of the defence. 

I think our skipper was somewhat hampered by the injury he sustained early on, (that was his 1st game back after injury). But yes, you're right, we did look exposed.

Due to injuries I don't think the balance is midfield is what we'd consider ideal - all a bit too attack minded. We probably need someone to "sit in" and take care of the runners a little more.

Still, we remain undefeated and you can't ask for more than that.

Sorry, was that a bit big-time....?  ;)

thanks for the kind words 2ndTouchaTackle and Elnino37, we try very hard as a club and supporters to be welcoming to all clubs, officials, players and supporters and is what frustrates us when the "big time" label is thrown at us by a small minority. Really pleased you enjoyed yesterday, despite the result. I thought you guys looked a very decent outfit. Of the games I've seen this season I've been really impressed by the standard so far this season, and I think it's going to shape up to very competitive season. I was impressed by Camberley yesterday. Colliers Wood looked really strong on Saturday (particularly the number 9) and Farnham the other midweek looked very, very good at our place.

I have to echo what Geggy said about the standard this season. Despite what other posters have said about Colliers Wood Utd and Camberley Town performances of late, both sides were an absolute credit to their clubs in the manner in which they approached the games. Certainly the best performances I have witnessed from either club.

I have to echo what Geggy said about the standard this season. Despite what other posters have said about Colliers Wood Utd and Camberley Town performances of late, both sides were an absolute credit to their clubs in the manner in which they approached the games. Certainly the best performances I have witnessed from either club.

:wub:

I've heard of the summer of love but the winter of love? :D

Edited by Chris Clapham

Certain doomsayers have said the standard of the league is poorer again this season but I have a theory that with money being tighter for all that players are no longer prepared to do the Ryman and Southern leagues journeys [particularly in midweek] and have dropped a level accordingly. therefore balancing lesser wages with more 'me' time for families etc. 

What I've seen to date this season is a much stronger opposition in each game we've played compared to our two previous seasons and whilst I realise there's a long way to go yet it seems that the league is more even now than anything I've seen previously. 

What about division one ? Lost 3 good teams plus Warlingham who would have been better this season. Replaced by two sides who are rebuilding . Add to that Kilburn have lost their better players you could argue it's a season to be challenging. On the flip side several other teams appeared to have strengthened well