Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

May I be the 1st

Granted Billericay were bigger than Canvey for the first 3/4 of last century, but that was then... this is now!<p>Canvey have been chasing the pack while the likes of Grays & Purfleet were way out in front. Then in the last 8 years Canvey have caught up and they are now leading.<p>As regards to the attendances, the locals haven't yet realised what a football club they have on the island.<p>My friend would rather go and see a Southend league game than a Canvey one, just because he's never heard of the opposition we're playing (says something about this league don't it!)<p>The crowds come out for our big cup games cause they've seen Port Vale, Northampton & Brighton on Grandstand or MotD.<p>I think the bigger the opposition we play the more interested fans will be. I mean in the next five years we could be playing Southend in the league. Just look where Colchester were in 1991 - Vauxhall Conference with Slough Town!<p>I think Billericay could be slightly jealous that after they've been one of the bigger non-league Essex teams for such a while along comes a little 'pub team' and knocks them off pole position.<p>Pumpkin tongue.gif" border="0

These Billercay fans make me laugh so much.

No we havent played at Wembley its not our fault that they dont play finals there anymore.

Big deal you played there 3 times in the 70's in the the Michkey Mouse vase.

Well maybe you should drop down a few Divisions so you can play in the vase again. Thats just about your level.

Vic, all I said was that Ricay are a bigger club than Canvey, and thats not living in the past, so much of what you say is rather irrelevant.

Just to put the record straight I'm not a Billericay fan, though I may take up Simon's kind offer to join, and I'm not a G&N fan as such though I will admit to having a soft spot for them. IMHO Ricay are certainly one of the bigger clubs in the Ryman Prem. and yes Canvey's poor attendances must be a source of great embarrasment to them, even a local derby with Grays attracted less than G&N v Basingstoke.