Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wooley & Noel

The Great Eckscape

I'm not going to pre-judge anything here, will wait for the facts. However if those players, for the sake of argument did have to prove themselves there's going to be some extremely disappointed players, staff and fans at Hornchurch. Nothing proven yet so all conjecture

Serious Sid has a good point. Why did Southern Stars think they were getting five players for nothing with airfares paid etc. It transpires that Woolley and Noel had been living in a Melbourne hotel all the time. Who was picking up the cost of this? As a former official and life member of a Victorian team that reached the Premier League briefly a few years back, I am sure we would have been highly suspicious of such an offer. Believe me, over here it is not uncommon for players coming from the UK and elsewhere to ask for hundreds of dollars a game, even those who only have had experience at lower than Conference level. One newspaper over here has also questioned why the Victorian Football Federation would not query why players coming from decent clubs overseas were not getting paid, but, again from personal experience not much gets picked up over here. Many players play as amateur, which allows them to be paid expenses up to but no more than $100 a game but talk to some of these players and they say they are getting many times that. For a club of modest means like mine, that was always the end of any discussion.

Apparently, two of the players left Southern Stars in July and went to play in the Queensland Premier league. According to one paper those results are being looked at. The reporter also mentioned Hornchurch but whether he was just drawing a long bow, I don't know.

We know who you mean Jordan.

Colin must be pulling his hair out - this is getting sillly now.

There's a lot of people that have worked so hard to get Hornchurch to where it is now and to start re-building it's reputation then this happens.

And we are going to be unfairly associated with this.

Who was the keeper for Chelmsford when we beat them 4-1, doesn't live in Australia now does he?

They were in court today, released on bail