Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Barkingside / Guernsey FA Trophy tie

BuzzyBee

I see, so if Redbridge beat Chatham Town in the FA Trophy Preliminary Round and Barkingside do likewise against Guernsey, then as Redbridge will be at home in the 1st qualifying round, we’ll be playing Barkingside at their gaff on Sunday 20th… alternatively we have to make quick plans for our trip to the Channel Islands hopefully for a 3pm kick-off on the Saturday, or will that be 1pm given Guernsey’s preference to get teams on and off their island as quickly as possible.  

Seems home cup-ties can be an issue for Guernsey.  Surprised Dover couldn't reach a compromise:-

Guernsey FC vs Dover Athletic to take place in UK

Guernsey FC regrets to announce that the FA Cup with Budweiser 2nd Qualifying Round tie with Dover Athletic will not take place in Guernsey. 

Under the FA terms that have been given to the club to allow GFC to participate in the FA Cup, all matches taking place in Guernsey must kick off at 1300 on a Saturday afternoon, unless the two teams can agree to an alternative kick off time. On the 28th September, the Guernsey Rugby Club has a home fixture due to kick off at 1430 and it cannot move its match, as the visiting rugby club is not staying in the island overnight. 

Dover Athletic has advised that it’s unwilling to play on the Saturday evening. Its reason is that the club will not play on the pitch after a rugby match has taken place on it. 

Guernsey FC has also offered for the fixture to be played as a Friday evening tie on 27th September, however Dover Athletic has advised that its players have insufficient time to arrange time off work for this date.

Dover Athletic has also refused to play the tie on Sunday 29th September.

This means to comply with the FA rules, GFC has to play the game in the UK.

More details will be released when the fixture is confirmed. 

No, I suppose not, really. But maybe a few of there fans would fancy a Sunday lunchtime KO to make a decent overnighter weekend. There's a 6:15pm direct flight to Gatwick on Sunday evening.  Not that I'm counting any chickens or anything :)

If their players can't get time off at short notice then perhaps they shouldn't be playing football,they would soon manage it for a replay at Manchester United

I don't think employers are quite as flexible these days so it seems a perfectly reasonable explanation to me, and I fail to understand why everyone should be expected to bend over backwards for a geographically challenged club like Guernsey.

This game is coming up in just over a week if Barkingside go through there is no problem if it is Guernsey the prices are started to shoot up my planned trip has gone up £80 in the last 10 days ,

Anyone thinking of travelling will need to discuss this on Saturday as some sort of plan is needed or some people will be caught cold.

ps. And if it is Guernsey there is no rugby planned for this day so we shouldn't have the problems Dover had.

Edited by Umbrella Man

Guernsy F.C. share their ground with Guernsey Rugby Club, who take precedence over the football team for home games.

Guernsey FC fans really looking forward to the visit of Billericay Town in the FA Trophy 1pm Saturday 19th October, hopefuly by then we can get a few of the first team fit and give you a good game.

Allez Les Verts

Allez Les Verts? Is that one of your first teamers out?

Guernésiais  also known as Guernsey Patios or Guernsey French

Allez Les Verts = come on you greens

GuernseyFC or Green Lions

injurys

Simon Geall

Sam Cochrane

Tom Strawbridge

Matt Loaring

Jacques Isabelle

Nigel Hutton

Ryan Zico-Black

looks like thew the PR machine is already up and running

Can we push for #4000 supporters!? Turn the lane GREEN #COYGL @GuernseyFC

you should get a warm welcome

8 Seaters billericay to Gatwick

£90 each way,great value.

Follow @Directcars1 on twitter

My moto is "making your journey to the Channel Islands as easy as pomme frites"

Much love

I can be contacted on Twitter. (See above) on phone 07531088777 or in person on Tuesday night when our youth team smashes you all round billericay and lose 3-0