Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bognor Regis Town

1F in Enfield

Ditto the above.

we brough poor defending to new lows today and Steph is spot on with his analysis.

we was also found wanting in midfield and Liam looked either rusty or was carrying an injury upfront as his contribution was minimal.

All this against an average Bognor team who had a decent number 7.

In my opinion we should demand and expect players to take full responsibilities of their performances before supporters start demanding the managers head. The players are men and should'nt need motivating as they should all be busting a gut with fire in their bellies to succeed anyway. Our new summer signing Corey Whitely did'nt waiver today in adversity, he led the second half assault and could have had 3 goals to his name with a touch more luck against the 1 to his name. It's a shame the back up was'nt their for him.

Noel Imber showed his better side today as without him we could have conceded 10

I think changes will happen and others should get their chance to play.

Noel Imber - I personally think that Noel is having a nightmare season though most fans are not blaming him for the defeats. He never moved for the first goal and was beaten at the near post for the third. Made some great saves second half but that is his job. I would only give him 5.

Joe Stevene - left isolated for long periods so had to cover a fast winger and centre. This was the fault of the centre backs and not him. I give him 6.

McCluskie - see above. It takes time for partnerships to develop so I give him the benefit of any doubt. First game and all. 4.

Chris Wild - I was really disappointed when he left the club. I can still remember his sterling performance at Chatham many years ago.He was, , however ably replaced by Kirbs and that should happen again. A generous 3 for old times sake.

Jordan Lockie - Lovely inter play at times. Not often forced of the ball. Lack of pace may be a problem but one of our better players yesterday. 6

Corey Whiteley. - Our man of the match yesterday. Strong on the ball, good vision and fast. Took his goal well kept his head and demonstrated he can lead the line rather than play wide. Could be faulted for not playing the safe ball in defence led to their third goal for this reason give him 7.

Mark Kirby- not a captain's performance. No real encouragement or leading the troops. He has to go back into defence though if we had better centre backs he is one of our better midfield players - 6.

Lee Allen another spirited display. How is it that one of our veterans is the most enthusiastic player on the pitch. 7

Liam Hope - disappeared for long periods. Could not keep possession though to be fair did not have the best service however when Corey or Adam made runs where is Liam? 5

Olando I am told that he has been out of the game for some time so clearly off the pace. However he was more prominent than Liam and, at times, his class showed 5

Adam Wallace - we all know what gunz is capable of and he deemonstrated that enough yesterda to keep any Adam fan happy. But for Pete's sake Adam ask Noel or Chalk to practice one on ones with you. 6

Not there today so cannot comment. Can anyone give a detailed report on performance and players?

Although I wasn't there, I think it's safe to say the experiment with Kirby in midfield hasn't worked and we need him in defence?

I'll Try CDT

Detailed Report

Their first goal came from an edge of a box shot after we'd 'cleared' a corner. A good strike a good goal, only fault was we maybe should have shut down quicker but to be fair the guy hit it first time and we would have had to have electric reactions to succeed.

A minute later we hit the crossbar from a Lee Allen Free Kick and on another attack Gunz had an angled 1v1 saved by the keeper.

Their second goal was a ridiculous mess up by first Steven then McCluskey who Fannied around with the ball on the edge of the 6 yard box before a clearance was charged down and the loose ball falling to a Bognor man who finished easily.

Third goal can't quite remember, but do remember turning to Mr Chairman and saying that was shambolic defending.

Fourth goal Kirby gave the ball away in midfield and when back up was needed their striker went through the centre of defence like hot knife does through butter.

Fifth Goal, well don't their as the CH's had now thrown in the towel.

Corey gave us hope with his continuos running and beating of their back four he crossed, kept possession well and scored 1 should have had 2-3 more but not backed well, I felt for him a bit and hope he keeps plugging away for next week as he got on the coach limping and saying his ankle is swelling from the amount of kicks he'd taken from the oppo.

Going forward we did ok but Liam Hope was'nt himself and in fact non effective today, other than a disappointing free kick he did'nt have a go at goal once and I don't re-call any key moments of play from him (I stand to be corrected on that one)

Midfield-With Hope being non effective, debutant Olondo was somewhat a luxury, I don't think he likes sweating much but has good ability on the ball, keeps possession but not one to roll his sleaves up and get stuck in the way this level and team requires, but it's his first game and can't criticise too much when regulars were worse.

Kirby and Allen were OK but seemed to be played by their opposite numbers and in Kirby we were careless with the ball.

At the back Jordan and Stevens played to their abilities and could'nt ask much more of them. The CH's need to take a good look at themselves, ask whether they were good enough and then ask the manager to drop them, they were awful.

Noel had an excellent game considering his exposure.

Otherwise the Manager is being let down by some 'established' players, he has a difficult October where a league win would be 3 very good points. November is a month where we are playing teams around us (at the mo) and have to score points from. It is after then (IMO) when The Board will need to consider any drastic changes or have questioning of the managers ability to keep us in the RP for next season. Additionally, the manager is not daft either, he will either do all he can to succeed and also be the first to suggest that he has ran out of options should the situation get that bad or worse.

V Billericay,

Noel

Lockie

Stevens

Kirby

White

Allen

O'Brien

Campbell

Whitely

Wallace

Liam(If he is up to it and feels like being effective) Otherwise I'd go with a 4-4-1-1 formation with either Wallace or Whitely as CF supported with a very able (technically) Olondo. And maybe have Young Ben on the bench as a new option if things need freshening up.

We need to turn back our minds psychologically (I think thats spelt correctly) and get us back into Pre Season mode and treat our next game as the first of the League season, get the enthusiasm going, Feel the excitement, adrenaline pumping again and the will and desire to succeed led by a vociferous Captain Kirby and Noisy Ultras, we need the feel good factor and a week to create it together.

A United ETFC is a strong ETFC

http://www.bognor.co.uk/sport/football/local-football/pearce-and-dodd-doubles-see-rocks-hit-five-to-go-sixth-1-5560433

Fair enough assessment here. Looking at the BGTFC forum they reckon we're not the worst team they've played this year. It's annoying to think that we got promoted in the play-offs at the same time as them, but there was a huge difference in application between the sides. I wonder how many of the BGT players who won them promotion started on Saturday?