Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

And now you're gonna believe us...

obis

Awesome, absolutely awesome. We brought our away form home today.

That's easily the best we've played at home all season.

It was an even contest to begin with but as soon as the goals started flowing, we just took over.

Obviously the sending off didn't help them but I think we would have won without that - we were already 2-0 up.

Forward line worked really hard, and Frankie and Joey in midfield were everywhere and some important defending. No weak links at all.

Credit to the Wealdstone fans, that's the best away support I've seen this season.

Credit also to Colin and Jimmy for what they've done here.

Roll on the next round, someone a bit easier than Wealdstone please.

Congrats on a good result ...but just a quick question .do you think Wealdstone will make as many excuses as your good selves after conceding so many goals ?

Also good luck in the next round!

Wow...
Best performance of the season in my opinion. 
The movement and linkup of our forwards is terrific..midfield is battling and winning 50/50's..defense is composed and I cant think of one negative.
Steffan was unplayable again as was Bremner (how hard does he work!?)
Was so important to get this victory in order to get some well needed cash as well as more publicity with the potential of a big game in the next round.

Well played lads!

Big game next Saturday to look forward to.

If there are any stones fans reading this...majority of your fans seem abit disillusioned...you ARE a RYMAN team not a league team get over it...the comments on twitter are ridiculous! So basically 6.1 flattered us and it was all the refs doing...never read so much shit.

We had some good chances to win by more than 6-1 to be honest, scoreline didn't flatter us one bit.

If we had lost 6-1 and had been totally outplayed, then I would have admitted to being outplayed on here.

Mr Norman, you can take this as a bite. Thank you for your congratulations and to be fair we were totally outplayed by your good selves on Tuesday.

You have better reserves than us, well done.

We'll be looking forward to the next round in the FA cup with another £7.5k in the bank, a potential £12.5K if we win the next round. We've also got a decent league position at the moment, so life is good right now if you're an Urchin.

Wealdstone fans saw the game different to us apparently we're going bust but it was six one at the time cant add anything to whats been said already good collectove squad think the oppostion seriously underestimated us today BET they wont do that again

Great display from the Urchins today. We always play well when we play teams like Wealdstone who play football on the ground. We were awesome and full marks to them for playing to the end and perhaps deserved there consolation goal. Stones fans came in numbers and gave great support. Can we spend the prize money on improving our P.A. system, can't hear Sod all on the riverside.

7 - 2  to the Urchins Att. 501

I wasn’t far out with my prediction of the score or the attendance.

Great performance, lets enjoy the good times………………  6 - 1 to the Urchins...........

Edited by Lord Upminster

Deary me...taken from their forum
http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6917

There's sure to be more classics and biased views posted soon no doubt.

Christ, where do you start after that? 2 goals down after 11 minutes, down to 10 men after 20. Game dead and buried.

Couldn't get the ball down and play, no engine in centre midfield, switched off at the back for the first 2 goals, no pace or urgency up front. It was shocking. Got to put it behind us and move on, but if that doesn't tell GB a few things about a couple of players I don't know what will..

As for Hornchurch, horrible place, horrible ground, horrible players, horrible club. I'd rather lose 6-1 than have to go and watch football there every week. I thought their number 9 (Payne?) was outstanding however, strong and direct. He looked like he would score every time he went forward, the rolling around on the floor feigning injury was embarrassing and let him down. As for the rest of the Urchins, nothing special at all. Hoof merchants and strong in the tackle, but it does beg the question whether we've got the right balance to get out of this division? We fail against sides like that time and time again, it's no coincidence. It's ugly but effective.

Support was unreal today. Over 200 travelling fans, 6-0 down and louder than ever. Puts anything else at this level and above to shame.

A bit more like it off their forum:-

I'll never cease to be amazed by how much our supporters blame officials for our own failings. And some of the tweets re cheating officials, match fixing, brown envelopes were embarrassing. Incompetent maybe, cheating?? And the cause of our demise? Not at all

We have issues to resolve. We continue to let in really really soft goals. Cronin, for his cameo, was less barbarian and more village idiot. He's off his game currently, big time

Up front... No pace, and no Moore effort. Really poor. Moore has scored goals but can be awful when not scoring. McGleish? Is he only 40? Bit harsh, maybe, but we can't rely on him at his age surely? Not if we want promotion. Jonny needs to start so we can see what he offers

We missed Godfrey and Bailey after his exit. Brooke's? Ahem...

We can still be (look) a very good team but can this lot be effective enough to get promotion?

Same as last week,out the traps early and had the game sewn up after 15 mins.

Class finishing from Stefen,sound defensive play and real quality in the centre of the park,we are a match for anyone at the moment.

Stefen obviously is taking the plaudits at the moment but the whole team/squad are performing to a real high standard.

As said in other posts it was nice to show the home fans who don't travel away to get a glimpse of what they've been missing.

Shame most of wealdstones support seem to have developed stomach aches,must of been all the sour grapes they ate today

It's a shame about the comments, it shouldn't take away what's been a fantastic game from Hornchurch today, just the perfect performance (although I would imagine that Jimmy is annoyed to let a goal in!)

I assume the next draw will be on Monday again like last time.

lets make no mistake, Wealdstone are not a poor team, we just made them look poor, they have only lost 1 league game all season.

Today was an all round excellent performance, apart from their late goal i cant remember them having a shot on target or for that matter posing any real threat, and the amount of chances we created, we could easily have had 8 or 9

On display were the leagues 2 top scorers, Payne for us and Moore for wealdstone, both have scored 9 league goals this season, one was on fire and Elliot had to shake Moore out of his pocket at the end of the game.

Wealdstones support was excellent, 5 - 0 down and did not drift away and continued to sing, well done