Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Old Dodder

FA Cup

Southern section being drawn very soon, northern section done

Hereford Utd at home!

I remember when they played West Ham in the FA cup in '72 and '74 bunked off collage for one of them as it was an afternoon kick off.

Not bad at least we have a home draw.

Sitting 16th in the conference premier we have a chance. We've been here before .

Saw them play at Chelmsford in 1969 or so, John Charles was their  player-manager

Just took a look at their forum, they're not looking forward to visiting us. Concerned about our goalscoring stats.

I'm prepared to help out for the ground preparation.

They've got to start as favourites as they're Skrill Premier but we have absolutely nothing to lose and we had to dig deep against Spalding so we've got to have a chance.

Cracking draw and well deserved for all the hard work getting their plus the financial implications potential banana skin for them just check with my friends in the far east if its worth a punt

The gap between the teams may not be as great as they (Hereford) think.  IMO we are Conference South standard and, but for the alleged sculduggery which allegedly took place last season, would still be playing in Conference South now.  All credit to them as they are showing us respect and I am sure we will certainly do the same for them.  It will be great for a team with such a fine Cup history to visit the Bridge.  It should be an enthralling game.

Be good to get Hartley Wintney away in the next round, don't imagine anybody has been to that ground?

Over to you Rob and Andy, don't drink myself

They are pretty average

If you are travelling by train from London you really only have a few options.

The Ground is based in Upminster

Next to Upminster Station you have the Essex Yeoman.

Has draught lager,Guinness and bitter but not usually great In their choice of ales but I was in there Monday and saw something regarding guest ales so they may have a few in,will check for you.

They have live sport in there,duke box, fruit machines,pool table and darts board.

Platform 7 Bar

Bit upmarket,selling Peroni,Amstel,Guinness,carlsberg,Stella etc on tap.No Bitter.

Probably not a footy place but as a larger drinker I don't mind it,although it's £3.80 a pint,you get the odd sort in there !!!

The Crumpled Horn (3-4 mins down high street)

A whether spoons sort of place,usual fare,decent lagers, few ales etc,nothing more to add.

Bar 3 0 (near crumpled horn)

A bar,similar to platform 7 but has live sport

The above are all in the Upminster town centre.

The first two are a 8-10 min walk to ground or £3.50 in minicab (black cab will be about £6)

The other two are a 5 min walk through the park which is opposite.

The nearest pub to the ground is the Windmill.

Many locals have buoycotted the pub in recent months as the landlady was apparantly a complete [****!!****]er but I believe she has gone.

It's a 3 minute walk to the ground,although I suspect we may open the other turnstile for away fans which is actually about a 45 second walk away opposite the pub.

It serves decent beer in there and I think some guest ales.

The optimist is about 10 minutes away and sells Adnams and a few decent ales & Lagers but it's the distance away from the ground that probably means it's a bit too far,but if you do make it there,to get to the ground you turn right at the pub,walk down the hill to the river and follow the river to the right to the ground,if it's been peeing down though it may be flooded!!!

Our clubhouse will most probably be home fans only as it isn't massive but the club are yet to confirm this.

Hornchurch town centre is about 20-25 minutes walk away and the pubs there are alright at best.

JJ moons is a Witherspoon so does what it says on the tin

Suttons arms is ok

Best one is Fatling & Firkin, live sport, pool etc

None apart from moons are great for ales though.

Your best bet in my opinion is any of the Upminster pubs and The Windmill because if it's proximatey to the ground

Looking at the above makes me realise what a crap place upminster is for pubs with a bit of character.