Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Shocking Punch In Northern League Game Goes Unpunished

Zippy

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/football/video/87028/shocking-punch-caught-on-camera-in-northern-league-game-goes

I hope the assailant is banned from playing football for a very long time after that incident.

Just how he was not sent off beggars belief.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/football/video/87028/shocking-punch-caught-on-camera-in-northern-league-game-goes

I hope the assailant is banned from playing football for a very long time after that incident.

Just how he was not sent off beggars belief.

Perhaps there's a requirement for an official to actually see the incident?

Surely though the linesman would have had a view of the incident?

Surely though the linesman would have had a view of the incident?

"Sky Tyne and Wear cameras caught the incident, which all three match officials missed, at a match between Heaton Stannington and Birtley Town in Northern League Division Two."

One of those rare occasions when whether by design or accident all three officials managed to miss it.

The plot thickens.

I've watched it again.  Unfortunately, the blow comes right at the very beginning of the clip.  I have to say the punch is quick with hardly any warning.

Having said that, I find it almost unbelievable that none of the three officials spotted.it.

Shades of  'The Three Wise Monkeys'  ?

Latest from Pitchero - the assailant is on a sine-die suspension:

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/birtley-player-under-fa-investigation-26342/

He'll not play football again in this lifetime. Surprised Birtley haven't distanced themselves completely by taking a stronger line. I suppose it is just about possible there are/were mitigating circumstances but imo there's never an excuse and always a better way of dealing with any issue. Football is not a blood sport, there's a reason we call it the Beautiful Game.

Loose and Adam.

I agree with both of your last posts, BUT.....................

As we all know, players 'change' their names, and their clubs to suit themselves.

That's why I still believe that non-league players should have photo I.D., as do most youth and Ladies Leagues !!!!.

I definitely agree with that, John.

It's too common-sense a solution for some though!

Archived