Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Trophy v Grays

OldTowner

Being described as a BIG one by many.

Town take on League rivals Grays Athletic in the Trophy on Saturday.

3.00pm kick off at QEII Stadium.

Surely NOT one to miss.

Let's get a large number of supporters there and give full 100% support to the Manager and Squad for this important match.

Pleanty of noise.

Ultras - I trust you will be there in numbers.

I'm beyond comment as it's the same feelings every week. When will the board act and change this management?

Some Players not good enough yet continually play. New signing looked very average (yet clearly not fit). Guns also not fit. Where was Kirby? He needs to be back in defence.

Board - please please please listen to supporters and act now.

kirby was at a wedding i heard.... new signing won the ball more than the hole team,,any chance of players on here and explaining why they are playin so bad ??????? is Eddie McCluskey free to manage?????

Cd towner, Kirby was at a wedding.

Agree Moses did not look fit.

You know what i think. I think today was the final straw. Despite my comments made earlier last wk i was coming towards the thoughts made by others that maybee wait till end of November before making final managment decison but after today i was so disappointed with the overall lack of anything at all today that Steve must go now.

I REPEAT STEVE MUST GO NOW!!!!!!

Do noqt give him anymore chances. Hes had enough. Ive had enougb. I think most fans have had enough.

PLEASE STEVE LEAVE NOW BEFORE YOU TOTALLY EMBARRAS YOURSELF.

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.

You lads were poor today, and if the truth be known, 0-1 was flattering and Grays (who are an average side at best) could, and should, have scored a few more.

The guy Wild in defence should be playing on the parks adjacent to the stadium, that's his level. Your full-backs are liabilities and you've got a spineless midfield. 

Up coming matches against Harrow/Wingate/Carshalton are key to where you finish at the seasons end. Anything less than six or seven points from those then I fear that it'll be the Div 1 North next season. 

The lack of instructions from the bench is something that I find baffling. There's little or no encouragement being relayed to the players and that's disconcerting from a neutrals standpoint. Newing MUST know that the pressure is on him to produce results. If he doesn't produce them pronto, then he's a dead man walking. 

I'll see you next again against Dulwich - and I don't expect you to get anything from that fixture!

Strong words Plumstead Blue, ......strong words indeed, but on balance.....I am afraid not far off being spot on.

A toothless performance.

Lack-luster approach.

Very poor attitude.

No Leadership on ( or off ) the field of play.

Downright Poor

And against a Grays side who, by their own fans admission, are not exactly brilliant !!

Some are calling for the Managers Head...however, was he responsible for :-

1, The totally idiotic free kick given away in front of the lino, 1.0m from the line with the Grays man facing the running track.

What a stupid act of defending.

2, Being totally unable to defend a ball whacked across aimlessly and with 10 Town players in the box, not one could get on the end and clear it, let alone allowing the ball to deflect of a defender into the net.

Surely the answer has to be no ?

Surely the Players need to look at themselves and at that very poor level of performance ?

As for the Team selection leaving Liam on the bench and then giving him just 25 mins, well, others can comment.

Far too many Players with poor attitude and more than one playing out of position.

Much needed cash for a supporters run Club....GONE - Nothing now until next season.

Next 3 League matches are BIGGER than the Cup game today, as they will set the scene for the rest of our Season.

Worried.com

A grim afternoon indeed. If it hadn’t been for the (sometimes gallows) humour behind the goal, it would have been even worse. I’m so disappointed. I really thought the team would rally today, show the doubters they were wrong, gain some much-needed confidence, earn a bit of cash for the club and make me proud again. Instead, my optimism was proved to be misplaced, and the performance was abject. At one point I thought we had a half-decent shout for a penalty, but we didn’t deserve a draw in any case: we deserved to lose 3 or 4 nil against distinctly average opponents. What hurt most was not the defeat but the manner of it: basically we didn’t turn up. The only player who came out with any honour at all was Noel. The fact that he was our man-of -the-match says it all. However, our new boy Moses showed glimpses of what he might be able to do (one touch just outside the penalty area was class). I know that not everyone agrees, but personally I think Scott DID keep us up last year: not just because of his goals but because of the impact he had on the rest of the team (our Cantona if you will). Will Moses be the new Scott? Having said that, why was Liam’s place sacrificed when Scott was in the team? And why was he on the bench today because Moses came in? At least give them a chance to form a partnership. Other players (who I shall not name) deserve to be dropped ahead of Liam.

Having said all that, I don’t think now is the time for Steve to go. What I do think is that the players need to know that they owe Enfield Town F.C. big time. They also owe themselves and they owe us, the supporters. Just after the final whistle I heard a few boos: not many and they didn’t last long, but it wasn’t nice to hear. I hope I won’t hear them next week.

Remember that beautiful afternoon against Beveren before the start of the season? The creation of the Ultras? Where has that optimism gone?

WE ARE ENFIELD TOWN AND WE ARE BETTER THAN WHAT I SAW TODAY.

COME ON YOU TOWN! PROVE ME RIGHT!

How much longef are we to wait.

Lets wait to to the end of the season, get relegated have reduced crowds, then suggest Steve is the man to get us back up. We keepbthe same squad get knocked out of all the cups early next season and Enfield United and others will still be backing the managment. Not his fault.

Enfield seem stuck in rut with too many people staying loyal to a man due to what he did 2 seasons ago.

Bring in Eddie to steady the ship and then persue somone who can get the team playing again.

It's plainly obvious that not everyone is going to agree on everything but yesterday's performance lacked purpose from where I was standing. We could have been at least four goals down but for the MOM performance by Imber, who must have wondered where his defence had got to in the first half?

Grays were sharper in attack, first to the ball on many occasions and generally first to the second ball. We lacked cohesion and appeared to not know what to do throughout the whole game.

I thought Moses played really well for the first ten minutes but then went out of the game because we didn't use him.

Disappointing exit and only watched by 260.

You do not sack a manager for achieving what he said he would do. He did not promise a long cup run but a mid table position. I believe we will achieve that with the present management. I may revise that view if there is a display like yesterday against Harrow.

As for McCluskey I remember one of his last games against Basingstoke. If McCluskey is the answer people don't understand the queztion.

I only mentioned as a short term fix whilst we get in a new manager.

Whether the team know him or not we cant play any worse than now.

As for not promising cup wins and a being happy with a mid table finish how defetest is that. Even if he feels that should not be professing this and passing this feeling to the players.

If this is all he thinks we are capable then me for one want him gone NOW.

It appears that the some of the supporters and board are also happy with failure as well.

If the board are happy with the way things are going then i suggest a vote of no confidence in the board and replace them with pjeople who will make the tough decisions.

Not everyone but alpears that the board may have members who are happy to