Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Eversley & California FC

I see the Tarr factor had started with new signings coming in from his former club!! This is how thommo will make himself look good by using Tarr's contacts!! Still confused how a Sunday league manager at best manages to get a role at such an ambitious club!!

Good luck to Scott in his first training session as he will be doing most of the work I can imagine while the gaffer is tweeting!!!

How do the Eversley players feel with the new management pro-actively recruiting several new players ? Wouldn't a new gaffer want to assess and develop the squad he has inherited. The new gaffer publicly recruiting so many players must be unsettling. You're good enough this week, but won't be after the 7 day window has opened. At this level I am surprised that coaches aren't more confident in developing their squads. It appears that the easy option when the going gets tough is to look to replace the players with another local player who wants £20.00 for the privilege. Then that player gets replaced because he hasn't improved the situation. If the players want to develop and are up for working hard, then it's not the players that aern't good enough, it's the coaches working with them. 

Good luck in your new job Thommo. 

Always happens at this level though, new manager bringing in players he knows. Doesn't necessarily mean existing players won't have their chance. Really unfair of Harvold to dig out Tommo when he hasn't even had his first game yet - give the boy a chance!

How do the Eversley players feel with the new management pro-actively recruiting several new players ? Wouldn't a new gaffer want to assess and develop the squad he has inherited. The new gaffer publicly recruiting so many players must be unsettling. You're good enough this week, but won't be after the 7 day window has opened. At this level I am surprised that coaches aren't more confident in developing their squads. It appears that the easy option when the going gets tough is to look to replace the players with another local player who wants £20.00 for the privilege. Then that player gets replaced because he hasn't improved the situation. If the players want to develop and are up for working hard, then it's not the players that aern't good enough, it's the coaches working with them. 

Good luck in your new job Thommo. 

Hasn't the new manager worked with the current squad already though as assistant to Sav?

Im sure the Eversley players will take some comfort then that the new gaffer knows them all, and thinks all of them aern't good enough. Judging by the amount of players that have been approached they will have 11 new faces soon. A good coach would welcome the challenge of developing what he's got.

1966 and a good coach will bring in other players if he thinks they are better then what he has at the club, or to bring in some healthy competition for places.

The guy needs to do what he wants not what anybody else thinks. If he's successful then he was correct to bring in new players if he fails then he was wrong, I don't understand why everyone is giving Tommo a hard time, I don't know the guy but I wish him well.

I'm still involved at Waters.

:) Good news. What are the chances of a return to the CCL in the near future for VWCC?

Hoping to watch them on Boxing Day if at home.

From what I'm hearing, there's been two 7 dayers sent out. A few other lads have asked to go back themselves. If players are asking to go back why would you say no?

He hasn't even taken charge of a game yet and the lad is getting knocked. Sounds to me like Chris said that some people are jealous they didn't get offered the job. That's not a good look from a grown up.

Also don't forget Tommo spent most of last season at Thatcham in the Southern League which last time I checked wasn't played on Sunday mornings.

Edited by Lewprosser84

:) Good news. What are the chances of a return to the CCL in the near future for VWCC?

Hoping to watch them on Boxing Day if at home.

The club has a very ambitious new Chairman and he is looking into all the possibilities, we need flood lights to get promoted and he is looking into this, we know it will be difficult because of the location but no ones has applied for planning in over 12 years.

In recent weeks the club has landing significant sponsorship and the club house has been updated plus new goals and dug outs refurbished.

The team is doing well, we have been deducted 3 points this season, but we would be joint top if we had the points back, although the other team has two games in hand and the reserves are undefeated this season, so not a bad achievement considering when we arrived last year both teams were bottom with just 3 points on the board.

The club is heading in the right direction and has now got some great leadership in our young new chairman James King.

The club has a very ambitious new Chairman and he is looking into all the possibilities, we need flood lights to get promoted and he is looking into this, we know it will be difficult because of the location but no ones has applied for planning in over 12 years.

In recent weeks the club has landing significant sponsorship and the club house has been updated plus new goals and dug outs refurbished.

The team is doing well, we have been deducted 3 points this season, but we would be joint top if we had the points back, although the other team has two games in hand and the reserves are undefeated this season, so not a bad achievement considering when we arrived last year both teams were bottom with just 3 points on the board.

The club is heading in the right direction and has now got some great leadership in our young new chairman James King.

Really good news (except the minus 3 points).

Always had a soft spot for the club. Best wishes.

as what ellers i heard youd stepped down as manager? with jason hall leaving also?

bakers gone back to knaphill i dont understand a player who spouts off how many goals hes scored but never played higher? strange one i think big fish in a small pond syndrome if i was a goalscorer id be vying to play higher to test myself against better oppo