Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prospects for Tomorrow (Lowestoft)

I work in Billericay, just up the road from the ground and we've had no rain today, there's a breeze and the sun has been out. Just depends what state the pitch was in after last Tuesday and how it faired with the weather since then.

I work in Billericay, just up the road from the ground and we've had no rain today, there's a breeze and the sun has been out. Just depends what state the pitch was in after last Tuesday and how it faired with the weather since then.

Strange, that wet stuff from the sky that came down whilst I was walking to the station this morning must've been my imagination...

As I said on a separate post, the FA should pay compensation, assuming both Club's wanted to play

It wasn't to do with the clubs wanting to play - the pitch was unplayable. There was a huge puddle the size of the centre-circle in one corner of the pitch and the halfway line was like a bog. 

It hadn't rained all day, so god only knows what it was like at 2.30pm

It wasn't to do with the clubs wanting to play - the pitch was unplayable. There was a huge puddle the size of the centre-circle in one corner of the pitch and the halfway line was like a bog. 

It hadn't rained all day, so god only knows what it was like at 2.30pm

If that's the case, why did he gamble, knowing the distance the away team were travelling? Looking at the rainfall we have had over the last week, it was never going to dry out with one afternoon of winter sunshine. 

The referee passed the pitch at 3 pm. With no further rain but after Lowestoft had been on his case he called the game off at 630 citing "deteriorated conditions" Any Lowestoft fans who travelled have been stitched up by their own people. Once upon a time we all wanted to play football.

Even though no one can doubt what a farce today's events were, it is no coincidence that this is the second season that we have experienced this kind of situation.

Without the means to invest in the pitch, (which I might add is nobody's fault) I fear we haven't seen the last of these late postponements.