Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prospects for Tomorrow (Lowestoft)

The referee passed the pitch at 3 pm. With no further rain but after Lowestoft had been on his case he called the game off at 630 citing "deteriorated conditions" Any Lowestoft fans who travelled have been stitched up by their own people. Once upon a time we all wanted to play football.

I'm sorry, but that's simply tosh. Lowestoft had little option but to accept the decision as the pitch was unplayable. 

At the far side (turnstile end) there was standing water that was approximately the size of the centre-circle. The centre of the pitch was simply too dangerous and there's absolutely no way that the game could have taken place. 

I don't know what would make Lowestoft want the game called off, considering a) they are circa £700 out of pocket B) we were pretty much at full strength and c) we don't really want to be travelling more than once a season to delight that is Billericay.

look, I'm not going to pass judgement as to which of the ref's decisions was the right one.

But I will point out Plumstead Blue, with regards to your point. a) B) c)...had you manger not shown the ref a video clip coupled with his strong words as to why the game shouldn't go-ahead, . the game WOULD have been played. The ref and lino's were kitted up and ready to go

The referee passed the pitch at 3 pm. With no further rain but after Lowestoft had been on his case he called the game off at 630 citing "deteriorated conditions" Any Lowestoft fans who travelled have been stitched up by their own people. Once upon a time we all wanted to play football.

look, I'm not going to pass judgement as to which of the ref's decisions was the right one.

But I will point out Plumstead Blue, with regards to your point. a) B) c)...had you manger not shown the ref a video clip coupled with his strong words as to why the game shouldn't go-ahead, . the game WOULD have been played. The ref and lino's were kitted up and ready to go

I owe you two lads an apology, as after reading Steve Kent's statement on your website, you do indeed seem to have the correct version of events. 

I wasn't aware and no one from the club made me aware of the situation, but communication between our club and fans can best be described as selective to the few and pejorative to the many at the best of times. 

I think the problem was the ref changed his mind when the conditions had not deteriorated (IMO) Had he called it off at the earlier inspection then I think we would have accepted it. Unfortunately I will miss the rescheduled game - unless it's rained off of course. SUMO!

Don't believe the daily express mate,they run the same story every november

I pulled into a petrol station yesterday and glanced at the paper headlines - I saw the Express and had the same thoughts as you Eastside. It's either that or the Princess Di conspiracy - no wonder they lose out to the Mail in circulation wars.

Returning to Football, Clubs CAN change their midweek nights with League permission. I can't remember exactly, I think it might have been a club south o the river, but they changed a night match. because of a big televised game.

Of course we all remember the rescheduling of the Christmas match against the Urchins 2 years ago -  If I remember rightly Eastside you bought more than you get for a normal home game and helped us beyond 4 figures - Ah those were the days !!!!!  

I'm of the opinion that when England play there should be NO games scheduled at any level. Clubs should be allowed to switch to Monday or Wednesday nights.

And this Football Club needs you more next Tuesday than ITV needs you to watch an England friendly!

Sorry Ryan, I have already got tickets for Wembley - so that's two of us on this thread already. By the way, had this not been the case, I would have come down to the game rather than staying in to watch England on. TV.

Still, I guess there is a good chance the Lowestoft manager will do his stupid dance on the pitch and then berate the Ref into postponing it again