Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Games 18th-20th November

Same old story from the Windsor faithful, every team has players injured and/or missing chaps and if a club like Windsor doesn't have any back up goalkeepers then questions need to be asked I'm afraid. A let off last night and I'm sure Molesey will be kicking themselves this morning for failing to take advantage.

Decent crowd at Molesey last night and saw a few old faces no doubt scouting either for players or on the 2 teams.

Being a neutral, I thought it was an entertaining game especially for a 0-0 with both teams going for it.  

Both Molesey & Windsor centre backs dominated any aerial long ball threats, but how Molesey didn't win this game is beyond me.... well lets say they should be doing shooting practise in their next training session with the chances they had.!

Windsor only threat was their lively wide players who drifted in and out of the game but poor defensively subsequently, didn't really create many chances on the Molesey goal & left their full backs exposed..  I believe. but stand corrected, that Windsor only had one strike on goal which was a late free kick and was thinking this could be a smash and grab performance...you know one them ones !!! .but it wasn't to be. 

Bar a 15 minute Windsor spell in the 2nd half Molesey dominated the game and created the clear cut chances, one a free header at the far post was weak and flopped into the keepers hands when a looping header towards the far post should have been the prefered choice.  Molesey will be grieved in not securing the 3 points whereas. I would have thought that with Gould in goal (who is also a comfortable keeper who prefers to play outfeld) perhaps made Molesey's selection of shooting somewhat eratic. Windsor I would have thought felt it was a good point against a good team away from home. 

Windsor 10 Lazarczuk was destinded to leave the field of play, his constant barracking at the ref getting booked then frustation clearly getting the better of him by kicking out at a Molesey player was a definate red with 10 to go.  Think Windsor will miss him dearly for the 3 games he will be suspended for. 

All in all, I think both teams will be in the mix come the end of the season.  Molesey look very strong defensively and clearly have a threat going forward, but need to get their shooting boots on ;) !  

I'll be at Walton Road again on Saturday to see another top of the table clash with the visit of another high flyer Epsom & Ewell....hopefully the game will be as entertaining as last night. :D !

It annoys me why teams try making all theses excuses why they played bad. I think windsor are a good team but molesey were too good for them last night and are very lucky as it could of been an embarrassing scoreline.

Who's actually making excuses though Matt as I certainly haven't seen/heard any ?     

Let me guess Big J R...you are unavailable to comment along with anyone else from DFC? Club needs sorting out and quick I'd say, no home ground (again!!) and now poor administration too, I wonder what's next. Bet Dorking Wanderers are chuckling away to themselves.

This link is to BBC Surrey Radio, where Glynn was speaking on 14th about the closure of our dressing rooms.

THIS RADIO LINK IS ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL SOMETIME A.M. THURSDAY 21st.

WHEN THE PROGRAMME STARTS, SCROLL IN APPROXIMATELY TO 1 HOUR - 25 MINUTES.

Might even keep you quiet for a short while Chub-alub !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01k84tg

It annoys me why teams try making all theses excuses why they played bad. I think windsor are a good team but molesey were too good for them last night and are very lucky as it could of been an embarrassing scoreline.

You see, this is where the old football-talk cliches are shown up as so much BS

Too good? The only real objective of the game is to score more goals than the opposition. They failed to do that, so saying Molesey were "too good" for Windsor is plainly illogical nonsense.

Lucky? Molesey had more of the play and the majority of the chances. The fact that their finishing was absolutely awful last night is neither unlucky for them or lucky for Windsor. It's just how it was.

I am just saying my point of view I am neither a windsor or molesey fan I just watched this game, I didn't like the way the windsor fans were talking.

I say too good as they created far more and didn't let windsor have a sniff most of the game. Agree its about putting the ball in the net but performance wise I thought they was a lot better.

I imagine Molesey v Epsom will be off this Saturday as Epsom appear destined to never play a match again.

We haven't kicked a ball in anger since 2nd November through a combination of weather postponements, cup replays, no Vase progress and brought forward fixtures.

No one's fault but still very frustrating to have 21 days off at a time when some clubs have played six matches. 

I am just saying my point of view I am neither a windsor or molesey fan I just watched this game, I didn't like the way the windsor fans were talking.

I say too good as they created far more and didn't let windsor have a sniff most of the game. Agree its about putting the ball in the net but performance wise I thought they was a lot better.

FWIW, I don't like the way some of them talk either. I was stood next to one last night constantly moaning at the officials who I thought showed neither team any favouritism and ref'd the game in a respectful and professional manner throughout.

Did you like the way some of the Molesey fans were shouting abuse at the Windsor players?

At the end of the day, it's all banter, and something most of them (on both sides) have been doing for many years I'd suggest - they'll never change.

I rarely lose my rag at games and never make excuses - but it's relevant to any reader with even the remotest interest in getting a balanced view of the game to know that Windsor played without a recognised 'keeper or their star player last night. 

I would certainly have been interested to know if Molesey had been without THEIR star striker last night - it would certainly have explained something! ;) If it HAD been the case, for someone to have imparted that info today would have been helpful - for me to have then jumped on it as an excuse would have seemed a bit bizarre. (Well, to me it would, anyway.)

Not a game that was particularly kind on the eye but a well scrapped point for Windsor at Molesey. No Ben Harris, an outfielder in goal and a red card for stupidity meant it was very hard earned.

Molesey helped the cause with some very poor shooting. I think they knew we didn't have a proper keeper and tried to shoot too early rather than taking their time and looking for the neat finish.

Having said that George Gould did make some fine saves.

Seeing as we only had 1 or 2 real chances, rarely testing their keeper, I'd say on reflection, we got out of jail last night.

Titch kept asking if we were going to say a little prayer tonight. The answer given was no, it'll be a big prayer, you stick to the little ones. Whatever - maybe God was on our side last night! ;)

I think Rother, Windsor Sec maybe Chubby and Matt were refering to your comments above about players not being available, getting sent off, (can that be an excuse tho' ?), an outfield player in goal etc. 

Come on, George Gould has played in goal for Windsor on a few occasions and is infact a capable keeper, its just that he prefers to play out on the pitch, so not directly an outfield player whos never played in goal ! Some of the saves and clearances he made last night were not that of a novice !  I do wonder if George who was in goal last last is any relation to Ian Gould who played in goal for Slough, Burnham (?) and I believe Arsenal ? ;)

Having said that Gould playing in goal was a detriment to the team, this is where reserves football takes it place, to call upon players and of course to play first teamers on their road to full fitness from injury or those to get game time, 

Rother, Windsor Sec. I noticed from the Windsor website today that Windsor used Matt Collis No2 keeper from  Burnham, presume on loan, who played in the cup game against Shrivenham recently, so why didn't he play ? 

EVERY club has their injuries, suspensions and non-availabilites thru work or another reason, so in theory every club can make this excuse when they either lose, play badly or dominated as Windsor were last night for most of the game as you have acknowledged...''got out of jail''..  and thats football folks :P  !!!!!

I believe that Windsor were let down by a keeper the day before the game (possibly an illness) as Mick was in contact with us trying to get one of our keepers on loan, however as our first team keeper had a slight groin issue, we had to take our second choice keeper on the bench as cover in case.

So guessing Mick did his utmost best, but just didn't quite happen in time.

I believe that Windsor were let down by a keeper the day before the game (possibly an illness) as Mick was in contact with us trying to get one of our keepers on loan, however as our first team keeper had a slight groin issue, we had to take our second choice keeper on the bench as cover in case.

So guessing Mick did his utmost best, but just didn't quite happen in time.

Neil its difficult to keep 2 ''good'' keepers happy especially with no reserves. One would have thought that Windsor youth keeper not upto CCL Premier standard ?  Sometimes thats the situation one leaves themselves in, fortunately for Windsor they have an adequate replacement in Gould.  The reason for my post is about the comments of ''making excuses'' 'cos its not only Windsor who has this problem I'm sure.  

Epsom Athletic 1 up v Sandhurst Town 15 mins

South Park 1 up v Cray Valley PM 31 mins

Cray miss penalty right on half time.

Both half times and both 1-0.

Epsom 1-1 Sandhurst 51mins

Cray 1-1 South Park 55mins

Epsom 2-1 Sandhurst 62mins

Edited by Chris Clapham

BAD GUY, if anyone can seriously read my comments and think I am offering up excuses then I think they need their heads examined.

You will no doubt recall that I informed the Forum of George Gould's heritage when he made his debut in goal 6+ months ago.

He is NOT a keeper, and has now played in the position just 3 times for Windsor, and that makes a grand total of 3 games since he was 11 years old. So his Dad tells me anyway, and if, as I believe you said 6+ months ago, you played with Ian many moons ago, you'll probably know well enough not to go questioning the accuracy / honesty of his statement to me!! :)

Where did you sit / stand last night?

Edited by Rother

Epsom 2-2 Sandhurst 65 mins

Cray Valley 2-1 South Park 64mins

Cray 2-2 South Park (Lavery penalty against run of play). 84 mins

Epsom 2-3 Sandhurst 86mins

CVPM 2-3 South Park (Lavery)

Cray 10 men straight red

Edited by Chris Clapham