Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23rd November Matches

Italia90

Sheerwater 0 Camberley 2.

Better than last time we played here which ended up Camberley winning 6-5 after extra time. Camberley were functional without being overly impressive. We fielded a full first team for those that think some clubs don't take these competitions or the opponents seriously.

Sheerwater had a couple of chances but overall I think Camberley deserved the win. We await the quarter-final draw with baited breath.

Had a chat with Trevor and hopefully there's some good news for Sheerwater regarding their ground upgrades in January.

You were Better first half by a mile second half not so sure, more chances than 2 but there you go!! Oh forgot to say ball over the line that Lino missed and your second goal offside,all the best for the rest of the season

James played well today Duncs - won headers and linked the play really well. Part of a really impressive spine to the side. Lots of talent in the club at present.

nice one Powelly its good to hear of a club that is thriving just wish Ash could of held onto players like Jimmy I'm waiting to see what AUpostie has to say about yet another defeat.

Jimmy lives in addlestone Duncs so halving his journey time is probably one of the reasons. Personally I think ash have some decent players and will stay up this year and will be better for the experience next year. A lot of those lads haven't played much at this level and it looks like defensively they have issues, but they have some talent going forward and can score goals.

Jimmy lives in addlestone Duncs so halving his journey time is probably one of the reasons. Personally I think ash have some decent players and will stay up this year and will be better for the experience next year. A lot of those lads haven't played much at this level and it looks like defensively they have issues, but they have some talent going forward and can score goals.

well thats good to hear mate and I for one certainly don't want them to go down,the thing that bugs me is, take your club as an example, when I have been to your place there are loads and loads of ex players and managers all supporting the club, at Ash all the long serving people have left because of the bad attitude handed out to them,I tried to hang on in there knowing I was being back stabbed by certain people and now I also will not go down there because I am not welcome, its such a shame the club has gone down this route.

Took in the Eversley v Lammas game today, and it was a very good game indeed, Lammas bossed the game for 80 minutes and were in control with Liam Stone not making a save until the last 10 minutes.

Lammas played some good football today & looked dangerous going forward, Gary James , Richard Butler and Jamie Lee Smithers up front were causing Eversleys defence all sorts of trouble, Gavin Bamford open the scoring after 26 minutes and the returning Gary James scored a delightful second a few minutes later, Lammas should of got a pen when James was flattened and Butler missed a glorious opportunity to go 3-0 up before the break, the second half was no different and Lammas was the side who looked like scoring again, Wetherall, Bamford and Hodge in the midfield were technically very good today, but Eversley got a 2nd wind and with 10 to go they scored a good goal, after that Eversley pushed for an equaliser and were unlucky not to get it when a thunderous header smashed the ball against the bar.

Lammas did get another chance and Butler nearly scored but his effort was cleared off the line.

1-2 to Lammas it finished and I must say they deserved it today, good luck to Eversley though as I like the lads down there.

With regards to the officials though, I have to say that I have never seen Wesley Snipes and the Referee in the same room before ;-)

Knaphill 0-4 Farleigh Rovers. Ellis x2, Coley & skipper Skittle.

You would of got your money's worth at the least! Fantastic performance by us, every player put a shift in. First half knaphill came at us but couldn't really break our back four, ending in shooting from long range. We had a couple of chances ourselfs unlucky HT 0-0

Second Half:

We knew Knaphill would come out and throw everything at us.. To my amazement they never and so it aloud us to play ending up with our 10 putting a ball behind knaphills back four and our winger Ellis out running everyone kept a cool head and slotted past the keeper 1-0. Knaphill taking off their right back and going three at the back it looked ended up again with our 10 Tim Moff placing a ball around their defence and this time without a right back Ellis is through 1 on 1 and again kept a cool head 2-0! Right winger jack running it down the right, fouled again! Neavsey putting in a free kick skittle the captain slotting home 3-0! Neaves getting it down the left running, fouled free kick awarded, Neavsey swinging it in the danger zone Coley volleying home 4-0! Knaphill were shocking from set pieces so I recommend attacking them on that. Quality performance from us and I believe a well deserved victory. Baker didn't get any service throughout the game and so didn't create anything. Well done to our back four for keeping a clean sheet. Good luck to Knaphill for the rest of the season, fantastic set up down there.

nice one Powelly its good to hear of a club that is thriving just wish Ash could of held onto players like Jimmy I'm waiting to see what AUpostie has to say about yet another defeat.

yes another 1 goal defeat for us.....fed up losing by the one goal

it was an awful local derby game, no passion, no tough tackle, not much goal mouth action, both sides poor today & the goal came out of nothing scored by an ex ash player jack dillion

but you wont get me me blaming the manger or managers duncs,....must be the the people running the club & if its the old people you saying it is i cant see you blaming 2 out of the three old guard (especially one off them)  so it just leaves one.....................................me (shame i have nothing to do with the committee now)

yes another 1 goal defeat for us.....fed up losing by the one goal

it was an awful local derby game, no passion, no tough tackle, not much goal mouth action, both sides poor today & the goal came out of nothing scored by an ex ash player jack dillion

but you wont get me me blaming the manger or managers duncs,....must be the the people running the club & if its the old people you saying it is i cant see you blaming 2 out of the three old guard (especially one off them)  so it just leaves one.....................................me (shame i have nothing to do with the committee now)

I would agree it was a fairly uneventful game.

Both teams struggled to get any real momentum and there were few chances.

With regard to the comments about how well Ash are doing I am a bit surprised anyone is having a moan.

I thought they were saved last season on a technicality?

Looks like the new management team have brought in a fresh approach, a set of younger players and will only get stronger.

Pissed! Pissed Off! Piss on the lot of yer you! :D
Seriously, match report Sunday AM as I'm looking at the CCL players contracts that are logged with the FA. ;)
Nite X :wub:

Great win for Epsom against one of the top contenders away from home. See Parks great defence conceded another two against a team towards the bottom - how long can they sustain the we'll score more than you results.

Top of league, 7 points ahead, still only conceded one more than epsom!

Must be a leaky defence!

CB Hounslow United 0-3 Spelthorne Sports

Not much to say about the football side of things today. It was apparent from the off that one team were there purely to play football and work hard for the 3 points available, yet the other was clearly there to just kick lumps out of people and holla abuse at the other players and officials.

The CB no.10 was dismissed for a second yellow less than 30 mins in for elbowing our RB in the face. The CB keeper was by far their stand out player today, pulling off a string of really top draw saves at 0-0. It took Spelthorne around 70 mins before the deadlock was finally broken. Jesse Atiase with a 20 yard rocket which the pace of it just went straight through the keeper into the back of the net.

The second goal followed shortly after when the formerly impressive CB GK gifted the ball to the feet of Rob Smith who slotted home from 6 yards to make it 0-2. Paul Johnson then wrapped up the points with a delightful lob over the approaching keeper from 18 yards.

With 5 mins left to play another CB player also saw red. I can only describe him as sprinting full pace from 20 yards away to make a dangerous sliding challenge which he was not in control of. I think the 3 officials handled the game exceptionally well today and the referee did not deserve abuse being shouted at him from 40 yards away on about 6 or 7 seperate occasions.

Defensively we were sound again with Phillips only having one save to make in each half.

3 points which in the end were thoroughly deserved after being patient and working the ball around well for the win.

Next up, we face Banstead Athletic at home.

Well done epsom and ewell yesterday a very good win.

Molesey played better but again couldn't finish. Hit the bar twice and couldn't hit the target.

Epsom looked lively up top as usual, there first goal keeper beat at his near post and second was a mistake from the defender giving a weak backpass.

I have enjoyed watching molesey the last 2 games, I don't see any weakness in there side and can see some high scores coming.