Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23rd November Matches

Italia90

Fair point Rother, my understanding is that SP have never paid their players. Surely this must count against them both as real genuine title contenders, when was the last time that a team won this league without paying players.

Surely as the season progresses the teams who pay their players (and by default they must be better, otherwise why pay them) such as Epsom, Molesey, Camberley and Villa will come good and finish the season off stronger?

We have £0 budget at sp and I think this is good for out team as people getting paid can cause problems , "he earns more than me"Etc.

I also no of teams in the bottom half of table to be gettin paid so money means nothing it's about the team you have that play as a team and want to play for each other not for the money

There are teams in div 1 that pay money. That's a ridiculous comment stan!

We have had pretty much the same squad for 3 years now. This is the reason we are top of the league. Epsom are in a similar position where they have had a consistent squad of players. That helps at this level with so many teams chopping and changing players!

About 8 mins 42 secs ... miss of the season?

Excellent coverage TRS ... up there with your best

TRS excellent video as usual.  On that showing be it highlights I can't see South Park being champions.  Poor defensive errors by CW allowed SP in and CW missed numerous chances as mentioned above by No. 12 especially, and a great save by the SP defender @ 10mins.30secs.  In all honesty it looked as tho' SP were a bit lucky coming away with 3 points...I stress comments made from the highlights only..

SP defence looked a bit disorganised and sluggish, or were made to look that when CW players running at them with pace.(ie) CW first goal, where was the marking !    Other teams could learn from these highlights ;) !

Defence looked disorganised and sluggish.  they still won though didn't they !!

Yes they did Krooner thanks to CW finishing and refs help in not awarding hand ball for the defenders save/penalty BUT there goes with the luck thats needed to get on and be contenders..

I did emphasise Krooner that my comments were based on the highlights only. With regards to the best keeper Higgs1 I beg to differ, certainly looking at the highlights (ie) coming out when he needn't and his standing position for CW free kick goal a;beit from the angle of the camera.

Needless to say, SP are top for a reason and,to my understanding its due to their strike force. .      

Blimey long ball merchants and the biggest budget.  We are doing well :)

Kroons surely even you must agree that Camberley are long ball merchants :huh: !  Unless the 2 times I've seen them they must have been one off games by lumping it long.... ;)   If it works for them so be it !

Yes they did Krooner thanks to CW finishing and refs help in not awarding hand ball for the defenders save/penalty BUT there goes with the luck thats needed to get on and be contenders..

I did emphasise Krooner that my comments were based on the highlights only. With regards to the best keeper Higgs1 I beg to differ, certainly looking at the highlights (ie) coming out when he needn't and his standing position for CW free kick goal a;beit from the angle of the camera.

Needless to say, SP are top for a reason and,to my understanding its due to their strike force. .      

Bad Guy,this post proves you have not got a clue.C.W. always miss hatfuls of chances,the reason they are not a team,they are individuals.Unlike South Park who are a Team,on and off the pitch,good goalkeepers which South Park have one of the best,are the reason why the top 5 concede less than the rest,reason confidence in the Keeper,is paramount to good defending,it feeds through the Team.

Indeed BG. the time I saw SP this year they scored 1 and won.  Looks like the defence are there when needed.

Interesting Matt, I would have said Molesey and Epsom would have the biggest budgets considering the quality of players they have there.

This isn't a dig at the clubs with a budget, if you've got the money and it helps you to build a good squad go for it.

Though it surely must set expectations for the chairmen of these football clubs higher than the others, in that they want promotion and trophies?

A question to ask these clubs though is why do they have to pay players to get them to their club? What does it say about Epsom, Molesey & Camberley that they HAVE to pay to get these players down there - hardly a recipe for long term success as soon as the money goes \ gets reduced so do the players ...

But that's football I guess!

JDSPFC - the reason that I wrote that before is that usually, not all the time but usually the team with the biggest budget usually wins - Egham last year, Guildford the previous 2 years and so on ... Unfortunately if you've got the money it usually delivers success .. Obviously Windsor and South Park will hope differently.

Not too much money thrown about this season. Hence why its so close!

Camberley must have the biggest budget and that can't be a lot!

Edited by Stan The Man

Stan,Why should players not be paid?They are in the Entertainment business after all.Refs get paid,but why does no one say they should not.Without players there is no game.Take Windsor as an example crowds average 200,gate take £1000 approx,yet they pay their Players nothing,what other business would that occur in ?

Stan you are missing the point. I never referred to a bigger playing budget for Windsor, South Park, or indeed Epsom. All I said was that if Windsor or South Park needed to get a player in, just supposing they were really close to promotion but picked up a few injuries in a particular area, then they both could, as Windsor's support means that they must have a greater income than most at this level, and I've always been impressed by South Park's organisation. Also, they've won a lot of money recently. Neither club may well have a playing budget, but if they really, really needed to bring in a player, even if it meant paying, then they could do so.

When I was referring to Epsom's lack of organisation I was most definitely referring to off the field. On the field Lyndon is doing a good job and we have a good squad right now.

Off the field I'll give you two recent examples of our organisation. I have dozens more.

1) We won the League Cup in May. Despite the local museum at Bourne Hall being prepared to make it the centrepiece of an exhibition to publicise the club, it currently sits in someone's house. Despite my suggestion about using our Cup win to try to publicise the club being agreed at the AGM in July, it still isn't on show anywhere. How exactly do you get new people interested in the club if you can't even publicise your first piece of silverware for 32 years?

2) Our Committee has just arranged a Christmas Party, billed as a fundraiser, no less. Are we holding it in Epsom where we could attract local people to the event? Of course not. We're holding it eight miles from Epsom at Chipstead. Oh yes, and we're not even at home that day. Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to how many non-players and officials will attend? Not sure how that raises funds. They could have approached Colliers Wood which is where we are playing on 7th December, as at least that way people might have stuck around after the game and I'm sure Colliers Wood would have been happy for the extra numbers. Instead, and with all due respect to Chipstead, we decide to hold it in the middle of nowhere and raise precisely four fifths of bugger all. 

...... and I'm sure Colliers Wood would have been pleased to oblige you, E & E.  A very friendly club !