Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sports Personality Of The Year 2013

I see that the 10 contenders for this award have been announced.

Just in case anybody has missed it, the 10 nominees are:

Ben Ainslie

Ian Bell

Hannah Cockroft

Mo Farah

Chris Froome

Leigh Halfpenny

AP McCoy

Andy Murray

Christine Ohuruogu

Justin Rose

Quite a selection, so who do you think will win the award and who you like to win?

I'm going for Andy Murray to win, but I hope (as a Welshman) that Leigh Halfpenny wins after being THE player of the successful Lions tour in Australia.

Strange that Mark Webber didn't make the short list on his retirement from F.1.

A.P. McCoy would get my vote if I was voting, that is !

Strange that Mark Webber didn't make the short list on his retirement from F.1.

You mean for International Sports Personality, what was the short list then out of interest

• 3 weeks later...

Are we on our starting blocks for this evening folks, not that I'm planning to watch it as Strictly Come Dancing and the X Factor clash, I'll be interested to see the viewing figures particularly with the nailed on winner, Andy Murray, out of the Country

I presume that was a replica Trophy presented to Andy( no charisma) Murray last night.Because if not the result was known before the Telephone clientel wasted their hard earned voting.Shocked that Mo Farah was not in the TOP 3.He has acheived more in 2 years than any Brit has acheived in decades,Foster,Ovett,Coe,could not lace his spikes.

I presume that was a replica Trophy presented to Andy( no charisma) Murray last night.Because if not the result was known before the Telephone clientel wasted their hard earned voting.Shocked that Mo Farah was not in the TOP 3.He has acheived more in 2 years than any Brit has acheived in decades,Foster,Ovett,Coe,could not lace his spikes.

Very good points made Smudge, Mo is a fantastic example and role model for all British up and coming middle and long distance runners.

Because in my opinion it is a Top Result thicko.

So the fact that Murray couldn't even be bothered to travel to accept the prestigious award doesn't come into it then, I can't remember a recipient who wasn't present to receive the trophy in person

So the fact that Murray couldn't even be bothered to travel to accept the prestigious award doesn't come into it then, I can't remember a recipient who wasn't present to receive the trophy in person

Nope. I'm certain there will have been others. 

The award is for what he's done during the year not whether the winner collects it in person dopy bollix.

I'm certain there will have been others

Like who for example

What's wrong with giving it to someone like Laura Trott for example, what she has achieved in cycling at a tender age is amazing and is the perfect role model for youngsters

What's wrong with giving it to someone like Laura Trott for example, what she has achieved in cycling at a tender age is amazing and is the perfect role model for youngsters

Probably because people voted for Andy....

Obviously more people couldn't give a sh1t for your opinion twit.

Also surprised the Mo Farah didn't get in the top 3

What has Mo done in 2013