Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Broxbourne boro ?

Surely the league will have to give them a couple of weeks without fixtures to cobble a team together. Poor form from those involved but no real sympathy after the way the previous management team were treated.

Bang out of order surely there are rules that prevent a team signing another sides whole squad. Can't blame someone for wanting to go to a higher level, will those players be good enough? What are Brox meant to do? We have had similar exodus' in the past and it takes a lot of time and effort to recover.

Bang out of order surely there are rules that prevent a team signing another sides whole squad. Can't blame someone for wanting to go to a higher level, will those players be good enough? What are Brox meant to do? it takes a lot of time and effort to recover.

Agree 100%

I'd be very interested to know if the Herts FA or even the FA would be willing to look at this case - I cant image the Spartan League officials are very impressed.

How can a management/committee be allowed to play half a season with one team then as soon as a better offer comes along sod off to another team? It's disgusting behaviour, it makes a joke of the Spartan competition and any team that has legitimately beaten Broxbourne during the season. If the club ceases to compete what happens to all the results?

These are the same group of people that wanted to take over Hertford Town back in February, were told no and went running to the press to try and force the club into a deal. As soon as that didnt work they managed to get in at Broxbourne. Rumour has it that they didnt have any control over the ground or the bar at Broxbourne, they were no more than tenants and couldnt get what they wanted, so proceeded to sniff around elsewhere. They clearly dont care about these clubs or their communities but only about themselves and their egos.

How long will it be before they get bored of Ware and look for another club to ruin?

Whilst it may be hard for Broxbourne to 'recover', does anybody have any real sympathy for them, given that they could (and probably should) have competed this season, with the manager and side that gained them promotion from SSMFL Div Two last season.......

Fair point

I'd be very interested to know if the Herts FA or even the FA would be willing to look at this case - I cant image the Spartan League officials are very impressed.

How can a management/committee be allowed to play half a season with one team then as soon as a better offer comes along sod off to another team? It's disgusting behaviour, it makes a joke of the Spartan competition and any team that has legitimately beaten Broxbourne during the season. If the club ceases to compete what happens to all the results?

These are the same group of people that wanted to take over Hertford Town back in February, were told no and went running to the press to try and force the club into a deal. As soon as that didnt work they managed to get in at Broxbourne. Rumour has it that they didnt have any control over the ground or the bar at Broxbourne, they were no more than tenants and couldnt get what they wanted, so proceeded to sniff around elsewhere. They clearly dont care about these clubs or their communities but only about themselves and their egos.

How long will it be before they get bored of Ware and look for another club to ruin?

From what I've read about it.  You're correct.  The 1st Team Management wanted the clubhouse et al and the committee said no, so off they go.  Shameful.  well, Ware will be back down anyways.

Totally agree Black Snake and I think it fully vindicates the Hertford Committee's decision to decline the "offer" these, ahem! gentlemen, were making.

Ps if he's going spare we'll have Anstead over at Crawley!

He's still dual registered at Hertford so you'll have to put in a seven dayer :D

I have a split opinion on the outcome of all this, on one hand I want to see broxbourne gain promotion and ware relegation to the prem, should make for a couple of league grudge matches. On the other hand id like it to be a bit longer until another club goes from div2 to prem in 2 seasons as Berko did.

Feels a bit wrong to say too much about the way things have panned out at broxbourne regarding the manager and players exodus from one club to another as Berko have taken a lot of players from levy green, especially when we reformed, but I think its awful that its happened mid-season.