Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jobless Falls

I see that unemployment has unsurprisingly fallen, sorry, plummeted to its lowest level since 2009 following the Government's necessary hard line approach on malingerers and benefit claimants. According to Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures the number of people out of work fell dramatically, by an incredible 99,000, to a lowly 2.39 million in the three months to October with the Country's workforce rising above 30 million for the first time ever. You have to hand it to David Cameron and Ian Duncan Smith for saying 'enough is enough' and doing something about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525707/Record-30million-people-work-falling-jobless-rates-trigger-early-rate-rise.html

I see that unemployment has unsurprisingly fallen, sorry, plummeted to its lowest level since 2009 following the Government's necessary hard line approach on malingerers and benefit claimants. According to Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures the number of people out of work fell dramatically, by an incredible 99,000, to a lowly 2.39 million in the three months to October with the Country's workforce rising above 30 million for the first time ever. You have to hand it to David Cameron and Ian Duncan Smith for saying 'enough is enough' and doing something about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525707/Record-30million-people-work-falling-jobless-rates-trigger-early-rate-rise.html

The king of the wind ups does it again. What would this forum be without him.

It has certainly fallen from the highs under the last government who seemed to encourage unemployment by their policies.  So well done to the current government on their policies,

I hope we never see them in power again - mind you all depends upon the corrupt unions and how much power they have!

The king of the wind ups does it again. What would this forum be without him.

What are you talking about, don't you agree then

It has certainly fallen from the highs under the last government who seemed to encourage unemployment by their policies.  So well done to the current government on their policies,

I hope we never see them in power again - mind you all depends upon the corrupt unions and how much power they have!

Priceless, 

P1sspoor working class Tories sure have a strange way of looking at life.

As long as people are not scroungers and are willing to do a days work

Unfortunately we still have all the Romanian's and Bulgarian's to worry about don't we who are, no doubt, queuing at Calais in their droves as we speak ahead of 12.01am on 1 January

As long as people are not scroungers and are willing to do a days work, then they will not be poor.

Sadly the idea of labour / unions that everyone should just be handed unlimited amounts of cash are over.

If you can't be bothered to work, then you should get nothing....

I havent done a days work for about eight years thanks to my generous final salary pension. Being a member of a trade union was certainly beneficial in securing a dignified old age for my family and me.

First of all, the global economy is recovering. Whatever government would be in power would see a fall in unemployment.

Hitler was praised for turning the German economy around but it would have recovered naturally without him.

Secondly, a lot of those jobs are low paid, part time jobs with people living in abject poverty.

I hope we do see them in power again but only if it's a strong labour government with substance and meaning.I don't agree with many of their policies but having two strong (and the Tories need to shape up too) can only be good for British politics,the strength of one is the strength of the other,it can only make the other better.

Since Thatcher and kinnock we have been blessed with weak spineless politicians and this continues today with Cameron,milliband and clegg.

We need real men/women to fight our cause,not nambi pampi little oiks

I havent done a days work for about eight years thanks to my generous final salary pension. Being a member of a trade union was certainly beneficial in securing a dignified old age for my family and me.

No one can blame you for that Alan and good on you fur securing what you believe to be the best deal for you and family,unfortunately or fortunately,whichever way you look at it the unions simply hold no real help for me, if anything the lefts policy of immigration has hindered mine and many others industries and made it so much harder and who do we look to for help,??

No one can blame you for that Alan and good on you fur securing what you believe to be the best deal for you and family,unfortunately or fortunately,whichever way you look at it the unions simply hold no real help for me, if anything the lefts policy of immigration has hindered mine and many others industries and made it so much harder and who do we look to for help,??

IMO Labour are probably slightly better than the Tories, but only because they have a kinder instinct to look after those that really need help. 

If I was a self employed taxi driver in todays working environment I would accept Im on my own, and would do whatever is needed to provide for my family, and although a trade union voice to negotiate with the regulators your concerns is still as important today as it was in mine, peoples reluctance to join a union leaves you in a weaker position.

Why would people be better off joining an organisation which bullies, intimidates and holds companies and governments to ransom.

Unions are happy to take teachers out on strike and not provide an education and firefighters out on strike and put lives at risk.

If your house was burning down on Christmas Eve, then I doubt you would be happy that the local fire service was down the pub enjoying  a day off!

I do agree that modern politicians are weaker than say Thatcher or Kinnock and that a strong opposition is needed. But if we could do that without the bullies of trade unions then life would be so much better.

Alan, I am sure that you did well - but at whose expense?

Why would people be better off joining an organisation which bullies, intimidates and holds companies and governments to ransom.

Unions are happy to take teachers out on strike and not provide an education and firefighters out on strike and put lives at risk.

If your house was burning down on Christmas Eve, then I doubt you would be happy that the local fire service was down the pub enjoying  a day off!

I do agree that modern politicians are weaker than say Thatcher or Kinnock and that a strong opposition is needed. But if we could do that without the bullies of trade unions then life would be so much better.

Alan, I am sure that you did well - but at whose expense?

In my experience most respectable employers preferred their workforce to be unionised as negotiations was easier to get agreements that benefited both the company, and its workers.

The teachers union, are there to look after the interests of teachers, and thats what they get paid for. and if my house was burning down, and lives was at risk the firemen would do their upmost to save any lives that are at risk. As my house is insured, it burning down would be inconvenient,, but not the end of the world.

Im doing OK in retirement because I was lucky to have a final salary pension, just like our MPs. I also paid a large amount of money into AVCs, which performed better than I could ever have hoped for, so my retirement is more or less self funded. These new average earnings pensions are just about the biggest con trick ever as a few years of high inflation can easily wipe the value of it to almost zero, and thats what unions are fighting for. Seems more than reasonable to me.

........  and just for the record, Surrey Fire & Rescue were to hold one day strikes over the Christmas period, but when the heavy rain and bad weather hit, they immediately came back into work.

Their gripe isn't with the general public, but with their employers who want MORE work hours out of them, for LESS pay and equipment.

How silly of employers wanting their staff to do a full day and work hard for their money.  If the staff do not agree, then they should go and find another job. Where they will be expected to work hard.

Sadly when fire fighters walk out it is only the public who will suffer, maybe with their lives!

How many times do you see a fire engine pull up at a supermarket and the staff go inside for shopping. Hardly using their time well is it? Not what a fire engine was designed for.

Yes, Surrey did get instructed to break their strike,  but they did not volunteer to. They only went back to work when told to, otherwise like other areas they would have refused.

But with unions,it's the general public that suffer

The unions exist to look after the best interests of the people they represent Rob, and not the general publics, just as you quite rightly look after yours.

The current rounds of industrial unrest are due mainly because the government scrapped their final salary pensions, while at the same time keeping their own. Second rate pensions benefit no-one because in a civilised society the taxpayer will end up footing the bill if the elderly are unable to feed themselves because of p1sspoor pensions.

Edited by missunderstood

How silly of employers wanting their staff to do a full day and work hard for their money.  If the staff do not agree, then they should go and find another job. Where they will be expected to work hard.

Sadly when fire fighters walk out it is only the public who will suffer, maybe with their lives!

How many times do you see a fire engine pull up at a supermarket and the staff go inside for shopping. Hardly using their time well is it? Not what a fire engine was designed for.

Yes, Surrey did get instructed to break their strike,  but they did not volunteer to. They only went back to work when told to, otherwise like other areas they would have refused.

Not quite true Ralph, the firefighters are always instructed to break a strike on the orders of the FBU when lives are at risk. As we all need to eat out of necessity firefighters us their appliances so they can respond faster in the event of a call out. They also use them to go to supermarkets to do fire safety checks, and have to take a full crew for the same reason.