Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor FC & Combined Counties Exposure in FourFourTwo

Geggy

hi all, Windsor FC today announced a 3 year sponsorship deal with Thames Motor Group.

As part of our promotional campaign we secured full page coverage in the current issue of Four Four Two magazine. It's excellent exposure for us as a club, but also great exposure for the Combined Counties League, which is referenced within the article. It's very rare for FourFourTwo to cover grass roots, so we're delighted for the exposure for both us and the league.

Hopefully this Twitter link will work: https://twitter.com/windsorfc/status/419524615950839808/photo/1

Excellent work. I think the kits look great. Obviously some old schoolers won't understand the thinking behind it and will sneer at the design but I think it is superb.

Plus of course the free publicity it will bring the club, and the potential avenues it opens for expanding awareness and developing the Windsor FC brand are enormous.

Well done to everyone involved.

PS Really don't understand what Duncs is getting at with the reference to paying players and porkies. No sense and no logic in that comment that I can see.

Edited by Rother

No they don't get paid.

The kit is about something far far bigger than what the players wear on the pitch. Like it or not its about building a brand that people recognise and associate with football in Windsor. It's quintessentially English, and more than vaguely royal - it's a kit design that Windsor FC can, I believe, "get away with" whereas virtually no other club in the country, of whatever size, could.

442 magazine obviously consider it enough of a story to give it a strong full page feature and that's not a bad starting point.

Let's see how it rolls in the coming months.

Great Result for Windsor FC and the CCL League.Lets hope that That Thames Motor Group fancy supplying other CCL Clubs with a kit for free.Remember Budweiser started out at Wembley FC,but through their involvement there,Raynes Park,South Park,Bedfont Sports,were given 50k each.Are those kits on Public Sale,think they will stir a lot of interest,not only locally but Worldwide.Can hear the away fans now,ARE YOU WINDSOR IN disguise.

Edited by Smudge

The shirts will be on sale at usual price of £39.95.

Thames Motor Group are main dealers for Fiat = Italian Connection = red white and green kit.

There are a lot of Italians moving into the Windsor area and hopefully the kit will create a connection with them. Plus of course we all know the massive interest in anything vaguely related to the royals which comes from the huge number of tourist visitors to Windsor so it gives the club opportunities to create revenues and further interest if marketed intelligently.

Not suggesting it will add big numbers onto the gates or result in massive shirt sales but it's all about creating interest and awareness. Part of the long-term vision to build a community club with an identity that is different from others in the area.

The intention is to roll the kit out to all 36 kids and youth teams over the next couple of years - I suspect most youngsters will love to wear them and they will inevitably gravitate to closer connection with what's going on at a Stag Meadow. All for the long term benefit!

Anyway, the sceptics will obviously have their say but I can see nothing but net benefits to the club, and hopefully, through whatever national coverage comes our way (Four Four Two magazine won't be the only ones to get on the case) to the CCL as well - for however long we remain there!

Edited by Rother

Great publicity for the fourth best team in the CCL Prem ... Zzzzzzz

Full page probably 'funded' by TMG, why else would it be featured?

Windsor players not getting paid! Do me a favour they are desperate to get out of the league and the longer they stay in it the more difficult it will be - decent budget this year at Windsor, trying to buy their way out of the league - sorry no chance this year Epsom are going up ...

Brilliantly innovative shirt design for the club and well done to everyone for getting 442 to cover the story. The uniqueness of it is just so 'Windsor', and says much about how this club is progressing in the community and wider. Thanks to Thames Motor Group for their interest and support of course. It's great to be involved with this club!

Great publicity for the fourth best team in the CCL Prem ... Zzzzzzz

Full page probably 'funded' by TMG, why else would it be featured?

Windsor players not getting paid! Do me a favour they are desperate to get out of the league and the longer they stay in it the more difficult it will be - decent budget this year at Windsor, trying to buy their way out of the league - sorry no chance this year Epsom are going up ...

Why is your budget bigger ;)

It's not that rare for FourFourTwo magazine to cover non-league/grassroots football - Ashford Town (Middlesex) have been in there twice in the last few years.

That said, fair play to Windsor for trying something different with the kit and then getting the story picked up. It can only be good for the League as a whole for a member club to be achieving positive coverage in what is this country's largest-selling football magazine.

Windsor have consistently said that, after failing to gain promotion in their first season, they had eliminated their playing budget. It's entirely their affair whether they did so or not but all this talk of budgets is pretty tiresome. If Club X has a bigger budget than Club Y, it will only make a difference if they know how to spend it. No one ever tells the truth about this stuff anyway (especially not players, who either never talk about it, or inflate what they get to make themselves seem valuable), so I just wish that people would talk about the stuff that can be verified. Like results on the park, or promotions like this and the benefits they can bring.

There's a lot of good stuff happening in local football, why don't we talk about that while we wait for the weather to clear up?

You've said it all there Beano. I'll just add a little story that I believe recounted on here a few weeks ago.

At a recent away game one of our senior players booted a ball out of the ground during the warm up - it sailed into what was probably somebody's back garden, and one of the Windsor wags jovially suggested to said player that it might be appropriate for him to go and recover the ball...

His response said a lot - "Nah, I already got one back but with them not paying us players any wages, I reckon the club can probably afford to replace a lost ball...!"

Edited by Rother