Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor FC & Combined Counties Exposure in FourFourTwo

Geggy

We've got a top 5 budget in the league, Molesey got the biggest budget for the good it has done them again, your boys second biggest budget - how on earth would you get players down there happy to play your lump it style if they weren't getting paid?

Stan last week you actually admitted you weren't  an Epsom supporter but a Chipstead fan who pops down when "The Chips" are playing away so how do you know what our budget is and how can you explain that no-one at Epsom or Chipstead knows who you are

And even if you were a E&E fan, why would you have any knowledge (note KNOWLEDGE, not idle speculation) of anyone's budget? If you're going to make such comments, you need to be able to back them up or be considered not much more than a s**t-stirrer.

We've got a top 5 budget in the league, Molesey got the biggest budget for the good it has done them again, your boys second biggest budget - how on earth would you get players down there happy to play your lump it style if they weren't getting paid?

Ha Ha.  You need to get some supper down yourself before posting so late Stanley.

of course Windsor players get paid.....would you wear that kit for nothing ?

What a ridiculous comment. How many players do you know that take kit into considerartion when playing for a club? If that was the case, Corinthian Casuals would struggle to get a team out year upon year!

I have no idea why everyone is so against Windsor. Everyone appears to be so obsessed with budgets and resentful of those with large ones & yet so quick to jump on Windsor's back. This is a club that had a very large budget, cut it (whether completely or partially is irrelevant) & recruited a local manager with excellent connections with local clubs & players & now their reaping the benefits by competing at the same level as they previously did under a manager with a much larger budget. I would have thought that would have been popular with most but some still feel the need to knock them. I know most of the players at Windsor having worked with them at other clubs, particularly reserve teams where they don't get paid, so I would imagine money is not as important to them as an excellent surface or first team football?

As for the kit, fair play to Windsor. It's not the most eye pleasing kit but at least the club are trying to get exposure throughout the community & beyond & if everyone had more of that ambition then the Combined Counties would only get stronger.

But Foxy, it is much easier to be negative and criticise all of the time. All I detect is jealousy. Jealous of a club that decided to scrap playing budgets last season and instead, focus on creating a club that the whole community can identify with. Windsor FC have received very little in terms of praise or acknowledgement since they joined the CCL. I recall Guernsey getting dogs of abuse during their time in the CCL too. What is it with the majority of you people? 

Our 3rd team at Lammas now broke away to become Laleham FC are doing this four four two thing this year! Looks really good!! They test your fitness all year and train you! They did say Oxlade-Chamberlain or Gareth Bale was supposed to mentor them which I think has turnt out to be bollocks! The videos are on there website tho.

What a ridiculous comment. How many players do you know that take kit into considerartion when playing for a club? If that was the case, Corinthian Casuals would struggle to get a team out year upon year!

I have no idea why everyone is so against Windsor. Everyone appears to be so obsessed with budgets and resentful of those with large ones & yet so quick to jump on Windsor's back. This is a club that had a very large budget, cut it (whether completely or partially is irrelevant) & recruited a local manager with excellent connections with local clubs & players & now their reaping the benefits by competing at the same level as they previously did under a manager with a much larger budget. I would have thought that would have been popular with most but some still feel the need to knock them. I know most of the players at Windsor having worked with them at other clubs, particularly reserve teams where they don't get paid, so I would imagine money is not as important to them as an excellent surface or first team football?

As for the kit, fair play to Windsor. It's not the most eye pleasing kit but at least the club are trying to get exposure throughout the community & beyond & if everyone had more of that ambition then the Combined Counties would only get stronger.

Everyone is against Windsor ?

Where do you see that.  I see one or 2 posters that like to have a dig but not many. 

I say fair play to any club as long as it is proper deal and benefits that club rather than some stupid publicity stunt.  I see nothing about the Windsor one that looks like a cheap publicity stunt so fair play to them.

You are a c0ck Fox10 its my opinion that i dont like the kit and i congratulated Windsor on getting the deal,the point is the Windsor lot said they don't have a budget in the article we are simply saying they must have,if you want to play the old woe is us card don't bother cos you get as much praise/knocking as everyone else.

An extract from an interview last week with our captain Dan Hicks. We know we're lucky at Windsor to have got this squad without paying a budget, but why? It's because so many local talented players aren't given chances at Slough, Maidenhead etc. Windsor have given them that chance, created a great environment and we're fortunate to get a great bunch of lads, who value team spirit, playing regular football on a bowling green of a pitch and friendship over a few quid.

Extract:

When you speak with Dan the enjoyment he has playing for Windsor is very clear. “I just love playing for Windsor. I’ve had offers to go elsewhere for money, but I don’t want to go anywhere. You cannot buy what we have here at Windsor. If people could see what we have inside the dressing room, I’ve never experienced anything like it. We have a young bunch of lads who all want the same thing: to win games of football to better our careers. We all get along with each other, we all work for one another – we’re extremely lucky. When I was at Slough and Burnham we had some big paid players, but they didn’t care whether we won, lost or drew, at Windsor we may not get paid but we all want to win so badly – we’re desperate to win this league. I don’t want to play for anyone else, I’m enjoying my football more than I ever have and I just want to take Windsor up and play here in the league above.”

Kroons - point taken. Might not be everyone but it seems there are a select few that take any opportunity to criticise clubs.

Duncs - another intelligent comment! You may have praised them for the deal but why not praise what they do on the pitch rather than be cynical and assume it must be due to money?

Kroons - point taken. Might not be everyone but it seems there are a select few that take any opportunity to criticise clubs.

Duncs - another intelligent comment! You may have praised them for the deal but why not praise what they do on the pitch rather than be cynical and assume it must be due to money?

seems i'm always explaining myself twice to you,I have seen windsor 3 times this season on 2 of these occasions they were average to say the least and the other time they were exellent,now what would you like me to do tell lies and say they were great all 3 times,well sorry F10 thats not me,are you another one who don't like the truth cos if you dont you are amongst friends on here. 

Because Duncs was never able to get people to play for his teams without paying them...???

Again wrong, my belief is nobody at this level should be paid in fact I believe they should all pay subs come on Windsor people lets try and get some truth into your posts then we can talk.