Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor FC & Combined Counties Exposure in FourFourTwo

Geggy

Bit harsh NLN cos a lot of these lads had potential that Windsors manager saw,I was also reminded today by the ex manager that it was 4 that they signed and not 3 as i reported,I love the way Westfield have forgotten about thier not to distant past lets hope it never happens again

What has that got to do with what I post, my information is based on a number of different conversations with various people across a number of clubs.

Do I have to check with you when I post a comment, whoever you are!

Stan last week you actually admitted you weren't an Epsom supporter but a Chipstead fan who pops down when "The Chips" are playing away so how do you know what our budget is and how can you explain that no-one at Epsom or Chipstead knows who you are

And your manager dont fart and none of your players have ever had a wunk...... bore off Rotter

You are very witty. No really, you are.

And all knowing.

There is nothing more I can do but slink away outsmarted by your wit and wisdom.

Well done to Windsor on some well deserved publicity. Personally I don't like the kit, but fair play to them.

It's not that unusual for 442 to cover non-league, if they did cover more then I would buy it more often. Started to read When Saturday Comes lately. 442 covered Guernsey FC not that long ago and recently covered the Guernsey Prison team who entered a local league...

hi all, Windsor FC today announced a 3 year sponsorship deal with Thames Motor Group.

As part of our promotional campaign we secured full page coverage in the current issue of Four Four Two magazine. It's excellent exposure for us as a club, but also great exposure for the Combined Counties League, which is referenced within the article. It's very rare for FourFourTwo to cover grass roots, so we're delighted for the exposure for both us and the league.

Hopefully this Twitter link will work: https://twitter.com/windsorfc/status/419524615950839808/photo/1

From a personal point of view I don't like Windsors new kit, plus I feel its a detriment to our national flag and really wonder what the players are thinking to themselves when putting their new kit on....notwithstanding their supporters wearing the shirts....horrid, embarrassed maybe ?  

BUT credit where its due !  The sole reason to advertise is to bring whatever the subject to the publics eye/attention, so as we have seen thru' magazines and more so via the media primarily TV its the craziest and most imaginative advert that are successful and gets the most attention (ie) Meerkat, so this kit will certainly do that !  Well, infact look what this thread has generated post wise for a start !

As an example, look at the media attention Farnboro' got with Paddy Power renaming the players by depoll.. that was on SKY SPORTS news even our National News, now you can't get much more coverage than that !

So on that aspect, well done Windsor especially their commercial staff and the person who thought of the idea.....and lets not forget the sponsorship revenue this brings to Windsor that will help pay their players ......ha ha ha ;) ! 

Sorry Windsor, I wont be puchasing so you won't be seeing me wearing a Windsor shirt ...LOL ;)

It always amazes me when people bang on here about budgets. Frankly, who cares? If a team pay players money to play, or money for travel expenses, or even brown envelopes at service stations, so what?  Even if someone from Windsor stood up and said that they pay their players a lot, it would make no difference.

Stan, budget conversations at Epsom are highly protected. I was on the Committee for three years and I only ever saw a total figure, so the most you might have found out is from a player here or there. They wouldn't know the size of the total budget either. The only one who really knows at our club is the Manager who has the freedom to slice and dice his budget how he wishes. Anything you've been told is rumour or conjecture at best and indicating that we have a top 5 budget is total guesswork, because by definition, you'd have to know everyone's budget before you could work out that we were or weren't in the top 5. Of course, you could always get involved with some promotion at Epsom, but you'd have to lose your anonymity. How much do you really want to help? 

Anyway, the amount of denials Windsor have given on this subject tell me that it's time to let it drop. It's the same as the Guernsey conversations last year and Chertsey before hand and they are very boring. All that matters is the League table when it comes down to it, and if some clubs have more money to spend, then that is the way it always will be, so it's time to get up to speed with the 21st century.

I know we've had little football to talk about recently. but why can't people just acknowledge that Windsor have done a great job in raising awareness of their club? I said back at the start of the season that Windsor and South Park were the only two clubs in our League with the organisation and drive to take them higher and I stick by that. If more people put the time and effort into helping their clubs instead of slagging off people who actually got off their backsides and did something, then your own clubs might be doing better.

Don't like the new kit though :)

Edited by E&E Rich

Budgets will always be discussed so if you dont like the discussions dont join in.  Agree with all that is said above by EE though :)

Kit is shocking but I was never going to buy one anyway so I cant see anyone at Windsor losing too much sleep over it ;)

Good Luck to them though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't suppose any Windsor supporters will lose too much sleep over any opinions he may have although it might be prudent to point out the players won't be wearing the Bowler hats when they're playing.  LOL. 

Perhaps that could be the next big seller in the club shop - Bowlers in team colours ! 

'Page un-available', Rother !!

Link won't open, Rother !

There's a rogue space at the end... try this one:

http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/Sport/Football/Windsor-FC/Former-chairman-says-Windsors-Union-Flag-strip-brings-the-town-into-disrepute-15012014.htm

I love this quote:

"It’s tapping into the whole cool Britannia movement in culture."

...which ended in about 1997.

Edited by Regan

Quote from article "Michael Broadley, who was chairman of what was then Windsor & Eton FC from January 1987 to January 1983"

Also known as Benjamin Button!!! :)

Quote from article "Michael Broadley, who was chairman of what was then Windsor & Eton FC from January 1987 to January 1983"

Also known as Benjamin Button!!! :)

Think you will find he is DR WHO a TIME TRAVELLER,if he was there from 87-83 Y.V.