Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures Saturday 11th January

For the vast majority of the games I have seen this season the officiating has been extremely good and I have said this on a number of occasions - especially to them after a game where I have thanked them for the way they have performed. Therefore, when a referee has been an absolute disgrace I see no reason why I should not comment on it. 

The "pink card" comment came from an Alton supporter. Where I was stood, I clearly saw the ref brandish a yellow card then a red one followed. EVERYONE saw it yet the player stayed on the pitch. THAT IS A FACT. Quite frankly, the referee was a complete and utter disgrace and I stand by my comment of hoping I never see him at a Windsor game ever again. 

I see no reason why should not comment on it either DME.  Don't have an issue with that.  It is the sweeping slightly aggressive statement at the end that I was comment on and I am glad to see you have watered it down ;)

I did like this from the Windsor FC Forum.

"My favourite comment from the Alton intelligentsia was the lady who got very irate at us asking the ref why the player shown the red card hadn't left the field of play. "It wasn't a red a card, it was pink, that's a different card, don't you know anything?" Sadly there was no irony or humour in this comment, but a genuine belief that because the card was slightly brighter than a normal red card it had different properties. I mean the magenta and the cyan cards given in the first half for existential and holistic challenges were fine bit this just didn't make sense."

And what about all the others who have said he is a good Ref did you want to name them before you drag his name through the mud,come on Windsor you are better than all of these sour grapes posts,the trouble is some of you came on here at the start of the season and said you would win the CCL Prem easily well it hasn't happened and now you are looking for someone to blame.

The problem you have DBM is that when Windsor loose you lot come on here and blame everyone but yourselves,why not just for a change say well done to the oppossition and move on

I did like this from the Windsor FC Forum.

"My favourite comment from the Alton intelligentsia was the lady who got very irate at us asking the ref why the player shown the red card hadn't left the field of play. "It wasn't a red a card, it was pink, that's a different card, don't you know anything?" Sadly there was no irony or humour in this comment, but a genuine belief that because the card was slightly brighter than a normal red card it had different properties. I mean the magenta and the cyan cards given in the first half for existential and holistic challenges were fine bit this just didn't make sense."

Chalk and Cheese posts,one highly intelligent,the other I could not understand

Seem Windsor always have an excuse - I don't know at what point you looked like getting something in the game against us, maybe if the penalty had gone in you might have had a chance but it didn't ....

Wasn't at our game yesterday but our players are very honest and admitted they were poor and deservedly beaten. Lots of praise for the CWU striker too from them.

Colliers Wood 2 Westfield 0

Westfield looked like rabbits in the headlights yesterday when the match started, I can only imagine that the pitch condition was a surprise to them but CW players knew what to expect. CW were completely dominant in the first half with chance after chance and not much of a response from Westfield, Bradshaw pulled off a couple of good saves and other good chances were squandered by CW missing the target. The front three of CW were electric with great support from Grobler and Mead. Embalos two goals were fantastic finishes that Bradshaw had no chance with. The second half was more of a battle with Embalo and Ogunseye still a constant threat. Westfield pushed on a bit more and created some half chances but the second half was a worthy 0-0. Mepham had a very quiet game but I wouldn't put that down to him as he had no service from his team mates and in a game where you need a centre forward to hold the ball up Westfield players never looked to play it up to him. Instead they kept playing it wide only for the wingers to run into dead ends with no end product.

CW deserved winners and an impressive display all round.

Totally agree with NLN - our game the other week vs Windsor was 5-2 going on 8-2. Yes they missed a pen but the Windsor keeper was the only one who performed.

As for yesterday CWU fully deserved the win. Mario Embalo always impresses me - no question he is one of the best forwards in that CCL.

Totally agree with NLN - our game the other week vs Windsor was 5-2 going on 8-2. Yes they missed a pen but the Windsor keeper was the only one who performed.

As for yesterday CWU fully deserved the win. Mario Embalo always impresses me - no question he is one of the best forwards in that CCL.

yes have to agree Powelly1 he is an excellent player who always seems to have a good game whatever the result,Westfield are either very good or very bad at the moment but its thier 1st season back in the Prem and they are doing very wel,l good lock to them.

And what about all the others who have said he is a good Ref did you want to name them before you drag his name through the mud,come on Windsor you are better than all of these sour grapes posts,the trouble is some of you came on here at the start of the season and said you would win the CCL Prem easily well it hasn't happened and now you are looking for someone to blame.

So much nonsense as always.

Why should calling out a ref for incompetence be viewed as an excuse for defeat? Not once, that I have seen, has any Windsor fan anywhere, be it on Facebook, on this forum, or the Windsor one expressed anything other than that we didn't deserve to get anything out of the game yesterday. Or indeed at Westfield.

Who said we would win the league easily? Off you go now - have a good search.

I expressed confidence at the start of the season that we could win the league if we could keep the squad together, and especially if we kept a fit Ben Harris on the pitch but, Harris has not stayed fit, has gone to pastures new now and we aren't going to win the league. Am I sore at all that? You'd love to think I am, but in reality, not in the slightest.

I do find it slightly amusing that some people choose to forget the occasions when Windsor fans say "we were poor" - "we didn't deserve to get anything out of the game" - "stupid challenge, Windsor player deserved the red card" - "we were 2nd best all over the pitch" etc. etc. etc., preferring to create a myth that we look for excuses every time we lose.

C'est la vie I suppose, c'est la vie.

Alton Town v Windsor. Firstly the 'pink' card. The player had NOT had a first yellow, let alone a second. It could also be argued the Windsor 5 should have seen red for his part in the incident as he raised his hands to another player. Goalkeeper incident. There were about three Alton players in the penalty area when the foul occurred. Also, he would have needed Usain Bolt's pace to catch the ball before it went off anyway. Foul, free kick, yellow card. No arguments. One thing that not ONE Windsor supporter has mentioned that Alton fully deserved the three points. Your bench were very gracious in defeat. Why can't the supporters be?

For the vast majority of games Windsor have not lost,if you thank them by speaking to them after a game.I hope you personally told this Referee after the game what you thought of him,if you did not,you should grow a pair.

I have not had an issue with any referees this season with the exception of this one. He was truly disgraceful. As for speaking to him after the game, the three wise monkeys scuttled into the Boardroom area faster than you could blink. There was no opportunity to say anything.

The problem you have DBM is that when Windsor loose you lot come on here and blame everyone but yourselves,why not just for a change say well done to the oppossition and move on

Piss off Duncs. There was certainly no complaining about losing to Whyteleafe in the Vase, E&E at home there were no complaints, even Westfield 2 weeks ago where we did not play well. Yesterday we did not play well.  I am having a right go at the ref from yesterdays game as he was shit from start to finish.

Alton Town v Windsor. Firstly the 'pink' card. The player had NOT had a first yellow, let alone a second. It could also be argued the Windsor 5 should have seen red for his part in the incident as he raised his hands to another player. Goalkeeper incident. There were about three Alton players in the penalty area when the foul occurred. Also, he would have needed Usain Bolt's pace to catch the ball before it went off anyway. Foul, free kick, yellow card. No arguments. One thing that not ONE Windsor supporter has mentioned that Alton fully deserved the three points. Your bench were very gracious in defeat. Why can't the supporters be?

And the keepers challenge. Was it a case of slightly bad timing or a predetermined decision to take him out no matter? For me it was the latter. I accept that it may not have been a goalscoring opportunity but the challenge warranted a straight red regardless. The ref bottled it and used that as a lame excuse.Had that challenge taken place anywhere else and by anyone else, it would have been a straight red - though probably not from that ref. 

So why did the ref show a red card? I saw it as did many others. And yes. Alton deserved the points as you were better than us on the day.

Did Windsor play in their New Kit by any chance?Maybe the Ref was bedazzled by it?

Could have been worse.

He might have been vajazzled.

:ph34r:

:bolt:

(I'll get me coat !!)

So much nonsense as always.

Why should calling out a ref for incompetence be viewed as an excuse for defeat? Not once, that I have seen, has any Windsor fan anywhere, be it on Facebook, on this forum, or the Windsor one expressed anything other than that we didn't deserve to get anything out of the game yesterday. Or indeed at Westfield.

Who said we would win the league easily? Off you go now - have a good search.

I expressed confidence at the start of the season that we could win the league if we could keep the squad together, and especially if we kept a fit Ben Harris on the pitch but, Harris has not stayed fit, has gone to pastures new now and we aren't going to win the league. Am I sore at all that? You'd love to think I am, but in reality, not in the slightest.

I do find it slightly amusing that some people choose to forget the occasions when Windsor fans say "we were poor" - "we didn't deserve to get anything out of the game" - "stupid challenge, Windsor player deserved the red card" - "we were 2nd best all over the pitch" etc. etc. etc., preferring to create a myth that we look for excuses every time we lose.

C'est la vie I suppose, c'est la vie.

All of this aggression just because you were beaten by the team who is bottom of the league all of your massive Egos have taken a knock and you can't handle it your pathetic grow up,i've said on here before the teams at the bottom can and do beat the teams at the top just accept it and move on