Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

So why did you start this thread in January

Says it all really doesn't it?

Loosely - What's your honest view of rainbow football laces having grown up in the 70's watching your Bremner's, Giles's, Hunter's, Harris's, Storey's and Tommy Smith's.

Loosely - Why does it say it all, how about answering the above, what do you really think of rainbow football laces

Loosely - Why does it say it all, how about answering the above, what do you really think of rainbow football laces

Rhodesly - how about you start answering a thousand or so questions people have put to you first eh?

Maybe I'll get back to you when I see some progress.

Loosely - It's a simple enough question though, what's the problem answering it, what's your view of rainbow football laces having grown up in the 70's watching your Bremner's, Giles's, Hunter's, Stiles's, Harris's, Storey's and Tommy Smith's, the game is barely recognisable now isn't it.

Loosely - It's a simple enough question though, what's the problem answering it, what's your view of rainbow football laces having grown up in the 70's watching your Bremner's, Giles's, Hunter's, Stiles's, Harris's, Storey's and Tommy Smith's, the game is barely recognisable now isn't it.

My own personal view is that its unlikely anyone would notice laces because of the multi coloured boots players wear these days. Not being a fan of symbolism I think its a rather silly idea.

your Bremner's, Giles's, Hunter's, Stiles's, Harris's, Storey's and Tommy Smith's

Just think how these would have looked with a pink day-glo right boot and a lime green day-glo left boot

I see that Manchester United, Tottenham, Sunderland, Norwich, Southampton and Watford, to name a few Club's, refused point blank to get involved in the Rainbow Laces campaign, can you blame them:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/10688874.No_rainbow_laces_for_Saints_players_in_anti_homophobia_campaign/?ref=rc

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/localsport/11482867.Hornets_back__Football_League_partnered_initiatives__but_not__Rainbow_Laces__campaign/

Karen - That's strange as the article I posted stated otherwise, maybe they changed their minds at the eleventh hour as Justin Fashanu cut his teeth at Carrow Road didn't he and it would have looked bad if they didn't take part:

'Champions Manchester United and Tottenham have confirmed they will not be partaking in the rainbow laces initiative, as have Sunderland, Norwich and Saints'

I can't believe I've just plowed through two and a half pages of this !!

Thomas Hitzlsperger was a studio guest on Match of the Day recently, looking at him you wouldn't suspect for a minute that anything was 'untoward' would you.

Thomas Hitzlsperger was a studio guest on Match of the Day recently, looking at him you wouldn't suspect for a minute that anything was 'untoward' would you.

He looked perfectly OK to me. I hope he is not seriously ill.

Romford Boy - I just didn't think that Hitzlsperger should have been 'paraded' like that on Match of the Day, it was ill advised and in bad taste.

I see that Thomas Hitzlsperger was a on the Alan Brazil breakfast show on Talk Sport this week, he talks a lot of sense and listening to him you wouldn't suspect for a second that anything was 'untoward'.

I see that Thomas Hitzlsperger was a on the Alan Brazil breakfast show on Talk Sport this week, he talks a lot of sense and listening to him you wouldn't suspect for a second that anything was 'untoward'.

Pink gins all round.

I see that Thomas Hitzlsperger has been on the Alan Brazil breakfast show on Talk Sport a couple of times recently, to be fair he talks a lot of sense and listening to him you wouldn't suspect for a second that anything was 'untoward' would you.

Forget the pink gins.

I'll go for a G and T, please.

Forget the pink gins.

I'll go for a G and T, please.

I asked for a pint of light and bitter at lunchtime today, and the serving wench said she had never heard of it. It made me feel very old.

I asked for a pint of light and bitter at lunchtime today, and the serving wench said she had never heard of it. It made me feel very old.

Try asking her for a Brown & Mild !!

Try asking her for a Brown & Mild !!

I'm not that old BJR. 

I expect to get slaughtered for this, but I used to like Red Barrel, and Double Diamond is still my favourite mass produced beer.

I'm not that old BJR. 

I expect to get slaughtered for this, but I used to like Red Barrel, and Double Diamond is still my favourite mass produced beer.

Remember them both extremely well RB.

In those days, you could go out with a fiver, buy 20 fags and come home nicely mellowed with even some coins left in your pocket.

20 Gold Leaf were half a crown, and if memory serves, a pint of Red Barrel was around 2 bob.

Remember them both extremely well RB.

In those days, you could go out with a fiver, buy 20 fags and come home nicely mellowed with even some coins left in your pocket.

20 Gold Leaf were half a crown, and if memory serves, a pint of Red Barrel was around 2 bob.

I'm 66 and I guess you must be a bit younger. I remember Red Barrel was 1/7d a pint, fags about 2 shillings for 10, and you could get a Chinese meal for about 4/6d. If I was out with the boys on a Saturday night I could get change from a one pound note. 

Happy days.