Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Broadley Outburst

Geggy

Just read the Observer article with comments from former Chairman Michael Broadley. I rarely get angry but...!! Apparently we are the "laughing stock" of the football world. Personally, I'd suggest we were the laughing stock, when he took the decision to sack Alf Coulton (a Windsor & Eton legend) as manager after we were mid table in the Isthmian Premier Division (then conference South level), reached the 1st round proper of the FA Cup and had just won a cup semi final all because the club needed a change of direction - we then got relegated in each of the next three seasons!! That Mr Broadley is what made us a laughing stock, we had to experience and go through all of those hard times because of your time as chairman. You don't like our new kit, your opinion, but I personally don't think you're in a position to throw mud at us. Rant over!

Hangover kicked in yet Geggy?

I find it astonishing that someone who was once Chairman of Windsor & Eton FC and latterly Chairman of the Hellenic League should find it necessary to have a pop. Sure, the kit is not everyone's cup of tea. What it is is a bold statement and something positive - which is what Kevin and the Committee have done - can only be good for the football club and hopefully the Royal Borough. Such a shame that someone with a reasonably high profile in local football should stoop so low.

I have followed Windsor and Eton (now Windsor FC)  since 1961 when I joined the Household Cavalry. Many managers have been and gone some good some bad. Been to Stag Meadow on a cold and wet Tuesday night when the crowd consisted of one man and his dog. 

Moved to Lincolnshire in 2006 and when I visit my son and his family in Windsor  I always watch a game when Windsor are at home.

The reason for my first post on this forum is to say that Broadley and his rant in the local newspaper is completely out of order.

He did more harm to the club than any other Chairman I can think of. Just ignore him and let him crawl back to the stone he came from.

Good win today and all the best for Tuesday.

Archived