Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guilty until proved innocent

Millers

I always thought that if you appealed your ban was on hold till after the appeal? It definitely used to work that way anyway as I once appealed the most blatant red card for foul and abusive language to play in a cup final.

The reason why quite a lot of appeals used to happen

In the case of an assault (or alleged assault) on a match official the player would be immediately suspended once the case was reported to the County FA

I enjoyed reading Millers post and I cannot comment on the actual event as I wasnt there or party to it but I have no reason to doubt what Millers says.  What i knew was out would come a load of "this happened to me and blah blah blah"

In my opinion if a referee does not attend a hearing it should be thrown out and the referee should be suspended.  If it is proved a referee lied then again I think a referee should be suspended.  Good luck proving that though just because someone got all their mates to give witness statements.

I also think that if a referee alledges something that is a criminal action then the referees report should be backed up with a crime number and also if it is assault they are claiming the game should be immedaitely abandoned.

I also enjoy the accusations that are banded around at this time about officials getting their stories straight with each other.  Because no player has ever done anything like that when appealing now have they ?

I once sent a player off for Serious Foul Play.  The guy did it no question and I actually sent the other player involved as he tried to punch the player who made the tackle !!  It was appealed.  Within 30 seconds of the appeal the manager of the side actually got something factually incorrect and admitted it.  One of the questions from the panel was "The player alledges no contact was made did any players react to the tackle"  I clearly replied about the other player swinging a punch at him in retaliation.  Incidentally the punch didnt make contact !!  The case was found in favour of the player.  And I had travelled from Camberley to Northfleet in Kent on a Weds night to basically be called a liar by the commission.  So dont give me all this no protection for the players bollocks because it works both ways guys whether you like it or not. 

I dont doubt that these reports above are true but in 24 hours a busy forum has come out with 5 incidents covering a number of years.  Not bad for a league that has 462 league fixtures in its Premier Division alone.  I dont think we do too bad now do we.

Tucks1 still has a lot to answer for eh Krooner?  ;)

It was actually the Football Association who stepped in and instructed the League to leave the situation to the appropriate County Football Association, London in this case.

I cannot discuss individual cases on here but in general terms we were told that league rule 18c (bringing the League into disrepute) cannot be used in connection with any case arising from on field matters.  All such incidents must be handled by the relevant County FA.

We have asked for guidance as to when this rule can be used and it is on the agenda for the next Step 5 Leagues Focus Meeting, even though we do not have a direct representative on this forum. 

The FA's current structure for this forum is that only a certain number of league representatives attend these meetings.  It is open for leagues to nominate members of their own league from time to time and we have nominated our Chairman Chris Conlon on a number of occasions.  So far though he has yet to be elected, as sitting members tend to be re-elected.  Our interests, in theory, if I recall correctly, are currently looked after by the Western League representative at these meetings. 

It doesn't really work as most leagues have their own problems and it is difficult for someone with no connections with a League to advance matters on that league's behalf.

That said, the forum is well meaning and it is easy to decry everything the FA do but it doesn't seem to exert any great influence over any future events and is probably no more than a well intended talking shop.

We have placed two items on the agenda for the forthcoming meeting, one of which is the shortage of clubs at Step 6, and what can be done about it and the other, seeking views upon when League Rule 18c can be used, as per posts above.  We have asked to meet members of the Leagues Committee separately in connection with the Step 6 problem and if there is any positive news I will publicise it.

Your first paragraph just about says it all, Alan.

How many times in the past, (not football related, I hasten to add)....

"X number of members to stand down this year.  All are available and willing for re-selection so are re-elected !"

So the THUG that is called  Mick Jennings is above the Laws of the Game?Lets pray that any of his future misdemeanours at a CCL Football Match,do not end in tragedy.

Take it you wont be at the arena to see AFC Croydon vs South Kilburn tomorrow Smudge?