Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor v Croydon

Windsor Rebel

As the main local non-league game on Saturday (Slough v Egham) was a casualty of the weather,

a few of us decided to visit Stag Meadow, to watch Windsor v Croydon. Was very impressed

with the state of the pitch, which ensured a good competitive game. Although Windsor played

most of the football, Croydon to me were well organised and always looked likely to catch

Windsor on the break (which was indeed the case). One thing I noticed about Windsor's

side is that when they lost possession they did not seem too keen to battle for the ball

back, they tended to wait till Croydon lost possession themselves. A sign of youth maybe?

Anyway, a good game but I think you have blown the Championship now. Good luck for the

rest of the season.

As the main local non-league game on Saturday (Slough v Egham) was a casualty of the weather,

a few of us decided to visit Stag Meadow, to watch Windsor v Croydon. Was very impressed

with the state of the pitch, which ensured a good competitive game. Although Windsor played

most of the football, Croydon to me were well organised and always looked likely to catch

Windsor on the break (which was indeed the case). One thing I noticed about Windsor's

side is that when they lost possession they did not seem too keen to battle for the ball

back, they tended to wait till Croydon lost possession themselves. A sign of youth maybe?

Anyway, a good game but I think you have blown the Championship now. Good luck for the

rest of the season.

Cheers. They did a number on us. Kept giving the ball away aimlessly, suckered us into thinking they were rubbish which meant we left gaps at the back, then hit us with proper breaks, knowing all the time that Inter Milan's ex-keeper would stop everything we chucked at them. ;)

I enjoyed the game actually, frustrating though it was, some good football played at times by Windsor, a great goalkeeping display and backs to the wall defending.

Entertaining if ultimately disappointing for Windsor fans.

Archived