Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 8th February Matches

Wood 2-2 Alton Town - Report here - http://spiderbee.tripod.com/cwufc/id18.html

Despite the disappointing sending off at the end, which I will not comment on :ph34r: , fair play to the referee, Jack Ohene, (and his assistants) for giving it a go and to all at Alton Town.

We accept that the pitch isn't the best looking but it will be superb next season and we still haven't had a CCL game called off this season! Only four home games left to go and we are closing down Wibbandune on 12th April.

I hope we receive a little credit for the steps we have taken re our pitch! :rolleyes:

Despite the disappointing sending off at the end, which I will not comment on :ph34r: , fair play to the referee, Jack Ohene, (and his assistants) for giving it a go and to all at Alton Town.

We accept that the pitch isn't the best looking but it will be superb next season and we still haven't had a CCL game called off this season! Only four home games left to go and we are closing down Wibbandune on 12th April.

I hope we receive a little credit for the steps we have taken re our pitch! :rolleyes:

Well done CC you and your club deserve a lot of credit,it just proves footballers want to play no matter what surface is provided,all the anti 3g brigade have in thier mindset is perfect surfaces with lovely cut grass and no undulations,unfortunately in the real world apart from most premier league grounds the reality is far far different,now we are all sitting at home or shopping whilst we wait for the weather to break,its a fecking joke especially as there are alternatives i'm afraid the old brigade have got this one wrong IMHO

Was at the game Saturday, whilst I must commend your clubs efforts in getting the game on and not having a CCL game called off this season, it looked more like a beach than a pitch.  The surface affected the game as a spectacle but what else could I expect under the circumstances.  I did feel for the players who did their best, but the game was poor in my opinion due to the pitch....but hey, i like others there watched a game of football and got their football fix.

I do hope that all the sand will help the pitch for next season....others I will bring my spade & bucket. ;)

Talking to a couple of CW people, I didn't get their name, it is important that they try to get games on to keep the club running, so total respect to the CW officers and groundsman.

'ere Duncs, I've just been on the CCL website, and am afraid to say that your beloved Ash do not look in a good place at the moment, having played more games than most around them, they are in a very precarious position it has to be said  

Whats happened to them ?  Quite a few years ago, they were a team/club on the up !.   .

'ere Duncs, I've just been on the CCL website, and am afraid to say that your beloved Ash do not look in a good place at the moment, having played more games than most around them, they are in a very precarious position it has to be said  

Whats happened to them ?  Quite a few years ago, they were a team/club on the up !.   .

The good players all got older and retired Bad Guy and then they stopped paying. Ash have been a club in decline for three or four years at least. Don't forget they got a reprieve last season. They've gone down a different route this season and it's not worked on the whole, but what's their alternative? From what I understand they needed a whole new side and a longer term plan - if they stick with Alan Reed then they believe in the plan. If they get rid of him then the plan is out the window and this season has been a complete waste of time. I realise Duncs won't agree with what I'm saying, but I'm sure he realises that the rot had started a few years back.

On the subject of pitches and CWU's in particular, Chessington's is the worst and yet they play at Sandy Lane, so sand doesn't work for everyone...

The good players all got older and retired Bad Guy and then they stopped paying. Ash have been a club in decline for three or four years at least. Don't forget they got a reprieve last season. They've gone down a different route this season and it's not worked on the whole, but what's their alternative? From what I understand they needed a whole new side and a longer term plan - if they stick with Alan Reed then they believe in the plan. If they get rid of him then the plan is out the window and this season has been a complete waste of time. I realise Duncs won't agree with what I'm saying, but I'm sure he realises that the rot had started a few years back.

On the subject of pitches and CWU's in particular, Chessington's is the worst and yet they play at Sandy Lane, so sand doesn't work for everyone...

I thought it was chalky lane?

Thanks Bad Guy, he’s only just said he wasn’t going to comment anymore. We all know the results have not been the best so we can’t really go against Duncs comments on that but it’s the ‘stabbed in the back’, ‘judging him’ and ‘not being able to run a bath’ remarks that are a mystery to us. Perhaps he would like to explain himself.

He has said he is fond of the club but I don’t agree to being  a supporter because he has certainly been an in-frequent visitor over the past 5 years and possibly the last 10. Duncs, I know it is entirely up to you how you spend your money but if you don’t go the Ash games I don’t see what right you have of dismissing the comments of the people who have been to the game. We have been playing better of late and yes we are still losing but we are going in the right direction. We are only going to get out of this situation by playing better and of course winning.

I know that he knows exactly what’s going on at the club because he gets all the information from the Ash mole and his above remarks are not helping. What we need now is for everyone who claims to be a supporter/fond of the club to get behind the club as a whole and stop living in the past.

Edited by AU PASTIE

Thanks Bad Guy, he’s only just said he wasn’t going to comment anymore. We all know the results have not been the best so we can’t really go against Duncs comments on that but it’s the ‘stabbed in the back’, ‘judging him’ and ‘not being able to run a bath’ remarks that are a mystery to us. Perhaps he would like to explain himself.

He has said he is fond of the club but I don’t agree to being  a supporter because he has certainly been an in-frequent visitor over the past 5 years and possibly the last 10. Duncs, I know it is entirely up to you how you spend your money but if you don’t go the Ash games I don’t see what right you have of dismissing the comments of the people who have been to the game. We have been playing better of late and yes we are still losing but we are going in the right direction. We are only going to get out of this situation by playing better and of course winning.

I know that he knows exactly what’s going on at the club because he gets all the information from the Ash mole and his above remarks are not helping. What we need now is for everyone who claims to be a supporter/fond of the club to get behind the club as a whole and stop living in the past.

The reason I don't come down there anymore is because of this self denying attitude that is killing this club,if you knew me you would know i don't listen to tittle tattle and haven't a clue who you could be referring to as the mole,he/she is probably someone who is concerned about the sh1t way the club is being handled, now if you are on the committee get on and make a decision do you want to sink or swim,do you honestly think i spend all my time thinking about Ash you fool,and your last comment just about takes the biscuit I for one am very proud of this clubs history and will never forget it.Your problem is you have been lied to about me cos i am not the enemy in fact I am the complete opposite,ask yourself this where have all the Ash faithful gone.  Probably a bite