Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CCL Title

Fuzzy Royal

Okay, I'm going to say it, but i think the title is out of our reach this season. If we win every game to the end of the season we need South Park to drop 16 points at least (look at their goal difference). i think we will come in the top three, but just a little off now to win it.

Now before I start getting labelled negative or defeatist, most people who know me know i am very positive about the team and I do believe we have a team capable of winning the league, just not from this position and not with South Park in their current form and giving very little away. 

My personal opinion is our first 11 is good enough to beat anyone, but when we have missed key players we have struggled. Our midfield is superb but take a player out and we have struggled to hold onto the ball and that has cost us. We have scored a lot of goals and will continue to as we can score goals from defence midfield and attack (not so good from penalties though?!?!?!)

South Park have drawn 1 and lost 3, we have lost 7, says it all. But with the games being called off and so many games about to be crammed into a very short period of time, who knows. You'll get injuries, tiredness, suspensions, tired pitches so maybe, just maybe a miracle will come our way, we can but hope.

To be positive I think we will win a cup, possibly two, and I would consider that a success considering where we have come from. we have local players playing for nothing, a manager who is getting so much local talent to play for the privilege not the money, and boy do they deserve some rewards. Plus for many of our players this could be their first senior trophy, nice to get it in a Windsor shirt.

Next season, with a couple of additions to the squad and a little bit of luck I think we'll be at the top, but before we start bemoaning another season at this level remember that half season when we had no club. When we see the next local club fail (and there may be one) just think how lucky we were to have someone come in and bring us back.

Yes we were once in the Isthmian Premier (Conf Sth), yes we sat atop that league for 12 weeks or so, but fortunes rise and fall. those who have watched Windsor for just the past 5 years or so have been spoiled with the football they have witnessed. I remember the dark days of 3 relegations in a row, awful football and losing regularly. Times are good, promotion will come, trophies will come, just believe and enjoy, for it will happen and your belief will be rewarded......

Good Post Fuzzy.

I could echo your thoughts about the title.  Teams with this division with normally 5 or less defeats. 

One up is so tough for any league in this country and I am sure we will all be back for another tilt next season :)

Whilst I agree generally with you Fuzzy I must also say it's a good job football isn't played on paper !

As things stand we have all the top teams still having to play each other and the building backlog of fixtures will undoubtedly effect some teams more than others so I think it could be a very interesting

run-in to the end of the season. 

Like you I also feel we stand a very good chance in the two cups so hopefully we will have some silverware to celebrate soon. 

We could miss out on promotion but still find ourselves playing in new surroundings nonetheless as the FA are talking about 'lateral movements' a lot this season and I think we 'geographically' could be one of a number of CCL clubs that find themselves moved to different leagues next season as the bottom of the Ryman and Calor divisions are full of teams who would most likely be placed in the CCL.  If I had to make a guess I would say it could be us to Hellenic, Wembley to Spartan, Croydon to SE Counties and possibly Horley to Sussex and whilst the thought of more local games such as Ascot, Bracknell, Binfield, Flackwell and Holyport are appealing, I don't fancy trips to places like Shrivenham on a Tuesday night with players not being able to finish work early enough to get there ! 

Let's worry about that if and when it happens though and in the meantime enjoy what should be a very interesting final third of the season.

Archived