Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A PLEA TO THE F.A.

Smudge

Knowing that currently, the FA set a season 'end' date, there are two potential answers:

1. The CCL come out of the Supply League system. You can then set your own season 'end' date, although the champions do not promoted to Step Four, or

2. Limit the number of Cup competitions clubs can enter. Hanwell Town (of the SSMFL) entered six - FA Cup, FA Vase, London Senior, Middx Senior, SSMFL Premier Div'n Cup and SSMFL Challenge Cup - and are still in three of them. Then they wonder why they're behind with their fixtures.....

Knowing that currently, the FA set a season 'end' date, there are two potential answers:

1. The CCL come out of the Supply League system. You can then set your own season 'end' date, although the champions do not promoted to Step Four, or

2. Limit the number of Cup competitions clubs can enter. Hanwell Town (of the SSMFL) entered six - FA Cup, FA Vase, London Senior, Middx Senior, SSMFL Premier Div'n Cup and SSMFL Challenge Cup - and are still in three of them. Then they wonder why they're behind with their fixtures.....

I can see your point, do clubs have to play in the FA Cup and Vase that could make big money, (ask HANWORTH VILLA and SOUTHPARK) I am sure they have to enter their league cups, the have to enter their County Senior cup so that only leaves for HANWELL the London senior cup.

If as they say this winters rain could become the norm, teams may have to cut Cup competitions that they enter or end up playing multiple game per week at the end of the season.

I see Mr Constable has put out the fixtures to early May, that has to be amended already with last weeks postponements and what looks like another washout this.

Have a good weekend from STAINES-UNDER-THAMES

Makes a lot of sense extending the season by one week, but it's just not possible to go any later if you want to start the season in the first week of August.

Remember last year's farce with Thurrock, who got demoted at the end of the season and then held up the whole process with appeals. And this was after the allocations were more or less agreed in mid May. Imagine if the F.A. had to wait until mid - June, bearing in mind that pre-season training for most clubs at our level now starts in early July and we can't get the fixtures any earlier as we are dependent on the Ryman fixtures first.

It's not ideal, but that's the way it is this season and moving the goalposts would give those teams an unfair advantage. Take Camberley and Windsor. They have good pitches for draining and will get their matches played on time with exception of a couple of away games that have to be rearranged. Why should they be penalised? They play all their games then see another team know exactly what they have to do to win the title. That's not fair.

Guernsey's case was a little different last season but as I said at the time, they would get the games played. Maybe the mass of fixtures had something to do with their second place finish instead of passing Egham, but it wouldn't have been fair on the Sarnies if the FA had suddenly decided we could all play for another four weeks.

This is England. It rains. Sometimes it rains more than usual. Sometimes it snows more than usual. The ends of the season are set from Step Five upwards and Division One shouldn't be an issue with only 30 games to play. Get on with it. 

As for Hanwell. I'm sure if they get too far behind they will prioritise. However, you can't prioritise if you are out of everything, or didn't enter it in the first place. If they fail to go up because they put their first team in a relatively unimportant cup match and picked up injuries, that is their call. We entered the Southern Combination Cup this year. I didn't agree with it. However, it's not a big deal and if we go right to the wire in the League or League Cup then I know which competition Lyndon will make changes for.

I still maintain that the Southern Combination Cup should take entries from January instead of August. Then clubs can assess where they are with their fixtures before considering whether to enter. Lots entered this year but many will end up putting reserve teams in and devaluing the competition because of a fixture backlog which is a pity.

You say extend the season, well I am afraid I don't agree, it is the same for everyone... we managed to get games on over Christmas as our pitch drains well, when in reality we would have wanted them off, as we had lots of injuries.... and that affected us and our results (games in quick succession also)... same way it will affect teams who have to cram them in.

Also people book stag do's/holidays to co incide with the season finishing... by extending the season throws those plans into disarray... I always tend to have stag do's etc to go on, and normally persuade the lads involved to book them no earlier than the 2nd weekend in May to co incide of any play off games.

People talk about a winter break, again why?? we can not predict the weather, you could have a winter break and the weather be fine, for games to be called off after the break due to weather.

What needs to happen is the league schedule games for Tuesday's after FA Cup games, and if there are draws in FA cup then they need to be rearranged...

By doing that they can probably add another 3/4 league games in the first 2 months of the season, would be a huge help.

What should the FA do JR ?

Stop doing ostrich impressions would be a good start.

I have already posted my point of view on the current situation on another thread on the CCL forum

Edited by Big J R

Stop doing ostrich impressions would be a good start.

I have already posted my point of view on the current situation on another thread on the CCL forum

Football people call for the FA to be bought to account for the Weather !!!

Lets just wait and see what the FA does when fixtures cannot be completed by the due date.

Probably deem that clubs are fined !

Anyway, it ain't my problem.

Absolutely HKP!

Lazarus tweeted that (I think) 179 matches had now been postponed. I doubt that is much different to this stage last year which was completed by almost everyone fairly comfortably in the end. Only Guernsey ended up with a silly amount left, and you could put a lot of that down to their Vase run.

We had one week's extension then and it wouldn't surprise me if we get one this year, but anything else is wrong and actually penalises those who have managed to get their games played.

In fact I'll go further. Whining to the F.A. is the sort of thing that ensures we will stay cut off from the rest of the pyramid to the extent that we are, with just one club at a time going up. We are senior status clubs, and until the FA includes the standard of the green bit in their ground grading requirements, we just have to get on with it.

Most clubs would train on a Thursday normally, so now we'll have to play some games on a Thursday instead. I think every player would rather play than train, and the conditions should remain soft for the rest of the season which is also a better option for them than playing on a rock hard dusty pitch in April.

Edited by E&E Rich