Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lowestoft 1-0 Billericay

....a sport that prides itself on setting a fair play example.

Dear oh dear your whole post gave me a good laugh but this last statement takes the biscuit.

Consider the French Rugby Union coach who has just dropped a player for 'disrespecting the referee' in the last game. Now let's consider which sports set a good example...

A sad indictment of a sport that prides itself on setting a fair play example.

Not something I expected to read about the sport of football.

Given that the game's authorities have shown a staggering reluctance to confront cheating which is endemic throughout football at the highest levels, such a statement is wildly optimistic, at best.

The FA and the PGMO are in the pockets of the big clubs who invariably get the better of any controversial decisions.

Fair play  ?    I don't think so.

I wish people would stop comparing football to rugby,two completely different sports and most rugby players I know are complete animals but apparantly are jolly nice chaps when not gauging each other's eyes out.As long as they have a drink together and a laugh in the bar after , they are ok beating the crap out of each other

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Firstly Jl you said everyones entitled to an opinion, then say its out of the funny farm,bit of a contradiction. I personally think Benjamin is a much more techincally able player then Sapps, and to Gazza,unfortunately its none of them mate,not everyone has to think like you do, what makes you right and me wrong? I go every game i possibly can and have seen enough football to make a judgement on it. I don't think he has the adaptability required if things arent going right or if we need to change our style. Dinosaur football is what id call it currently

Are you mad ? Sapps is waaaayyyyy ahead of Benjamin. He was banging goals in for Macclesfield and where did Benjamin come from ? St neots whoever they are. Sapps has scored sumthing like 15 goals and Benjamin about 3 or 4. I don't know what Benjamin Is good at really.

No contest in my eyes.

I didn't come away too disheartened on Tuesday night.  We were second best to Lowestoft, by a slim margin, on the night but overall it wasn't a one sided contest and on another day it may have been a different result.

Here's some video, taken by Dan Wilson...

1st half 

2nd half 

Not something I expected to read about the sport of football.

Given that the game's authorities have shown a staggering reluctance to confront cheating which is endemic throughout football at the highest levels, such a statement is wildly optimistic, at best.

The FA and the PGMO are in the pockets of the big clubs who invariably get the better of any controversial decisions.

Fair play ? I don't think so.

I agree. I was being sarcastic. I believe the sport of football to be more hypocritical than the Catholic Church. And frighteningly more powerful. But hey, at least no one has gone to war over it.

Yet!!!!