Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will this be our poorest World Cup ever?

Horace

"Woy" is quoted today as saying that he will have difficult selection choices to make after last night's friendly win against Denmark; implying that he is spoilt for choice. In my opinion his difficulty will be in finding 23 English players good enough to justify the huge expense in sending them to Brazil. Still, it's only easy come, easy go money that could be better spent at grass roots level.

On the evidence of last night's showing, don't commit yourself to any games beyond the group stage.

I have to tend to agree, although 'Woy' was obviously using the game to test out some of his theories and players.

I think if he picked a team who could play in their natural positions instead of trying to fit square pegs in round holes he'd have something to build on. To be this close to the finals and still to be trying out different players in strange slots shows confusion and disarray.

Mexico 1970 will never be beaten for pure quality and entertainment will it

Well if you're right that will mean we will go out to either Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast or Japan who will finish second in Group C.

Then we would meet either Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon, Spain, Holland, Chile or Australia in the Quarter Finals, it coud be a repeat of the unforgetable 1990 Quarter Final.

• 3 months later...

Horace - You were spot on with this thread weren't you!

Horace - You were spot on with this thread weren't you!

I vote Horace to become a pundit on  'Match Of The Day'  !

He's far more knowledgable that most of the 'knob-heads' that go on there just to earn a few more bob !!

:ph34r:  :blink:

On the evidence of last night's showing, don't commit yourself to any games beyond the group stage

I hope his advice was heeded indeed some fans with tickets for the Costa Rica game are already going home, you can't blame them

Archived