Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 22nd March Matches

Sat 22 Mar 14

Premier Division

Alton Town v Hanworth Villa

Badshot Lea v Frimley Green

Colliers Wood United v Camberley Town

Epsom & Ewell v Ash United

Farnham Town v Molesey

Hartley Wintney v Croydon

Raynes Park Vale v Horley Town

South Park v Westfield

Wembley v Mole Valley SCR

Windsor v Bedfont Sports

Division One

AFC Croydon Athletic v CB Hounslow United

Banstead Athletic v Knaphill

Cobham v Bedfont & Feltham

Dorking v Spelthorne Sports (venue TBC)

Epsom Athletic v Staines Lammas

Sandhurst Town v Farleigh Rovers

Sheerwater v Eversley & California

Worcester Park v South Kilburn

One guess what Big JR's response will be, the words 'can't comment' must surely feature.

I've said it before but Dorking just don't simply belong at this level any more , it's a joke what's happening there. I'm just surprised that the league have allowed this mockery to continue. Not knowing where games are taking place from one week to the next, shambolic.

One guess what Big JR's response will be, the words 'can't comment' must surely feature.

I've said it before but Dorking just don't simply belong at this level any more , it's a joke what's happening there. I'm just surprised that the league have allowed this mockery to continue. Not knowing where games are taking place from one week to the next, shambolic

Where/When are Dorking going to confirm this fixture.Anyone know the latest state of affairs re the Dorking ground?

Match to be played at Spelthorne Sports, home ground, this Saturday with a 3pm KO

Smudge - Will all Dorking home games now be played at the Away teams ground?  Will Dorking ever play at Meadowbank again? Slence is GOLDen it seems.

What does it matter to you and why are you making such an issue of it. When other clubs in recent years had issues with their pitches - Colliers Wood for example - you were praising the CCL family for all mucking in and helping them out, and quite rightly so.

Personally, I have no real idea what has happened at Meadowbank. What I do know is that for many years Dorking have been a club that has maintained football at a decent level and they now seem to be going through some bad times. It may well be that they do have to consider their position with effect from next season but, for now, they are having to duck and dive to get this season played and to ensure the league can be completed with a full programme. So, if they play all their games away, so be it. It is effectively an open ground share, so nothing new there bar some delay in announcing the venue. The people at the hub of the problem are Alan, the Dorking management & players, plus the opposition for each "home" Dorking game. 

I think we all accept that if a team started the season with that plan of action, the CCL would refuse their entry, but everyone is once again doing what they can to help out a member club going through some tough times. The people there have to deal with that and they are there through the good and bad times, regardless. Players can come and go and if the Spelthorne lads this weekend only have to go to their home ground it will be no problem for them, whilst the Dorking lads will simply go where the fixtures take them. Rather than be negative, just accept that the league have put in place a contingency plan that will get games played, along with the help of the "CCL family".

See you Thursday.

Smudge - Will all Dorking home games now be played at the Away teams ground?  Will Dorking ever play at Meadowbank again? Slence is GOLDen it seems.

What does it matter to you and why are you making such an issue of it. When other clubs in recent years had issues with their pitches - Colliers Wood for example - you were praising the CCL family for all mucking in and helping them out, and quite rightly so.

Personally, I have no real idea what has happened at Meadowbank. What I do know is that for many years Dorking have been a club that has maintained football at a decent level and they now seem to be going through some bad times. It may well be that they do have to consider their position with effect from next season but, for now, they are having to duck and dive to get this season played and to ensure the league can be completed with a full programme. So, if they play all their games away, so be it. It is effectively an open ground share, so nothing new there bar some delay in announcing the venue. The people at the hub of the problem are Alan, the Dorking management & players, plus the opposition for each "home" Dorking game. 

I think we all accept that if a team started the season with that plan of action, the CCL would refuse their entry, but everyone is once again doing what they can to help out a member club going through some tough times. The people there have to deal with that and they are there through the good and bad times, regardless. Players can come and go and if the Spelthorne lads this weekend only have to go to their home ground it will be no problem for them, whilst the Dorking lads will simply go where the fixtures take them. Rather than be negative, just accept that the league have put in place a contingency plan that will get games played, along with the help of the "CCL family".

See you Thursday.

Steve,you mention Alan, the Dorking Management,Players,and opposition for each home game,and ducking and diving.No mention of the Dorking Chairman and his absence from proceedings relating to this matter.As regards Colliers Wood,Cove,and even Molesey when they had ground issues,I was supportive for the help given by the CCL Family,but they had plans to resolve their problems,which were successful.I fear Dorking have no plans,because communication from the top is non existent,Supporters I have talked to, have no idea what is going on with the Club.

I can be sure of one thing, we wont be getting any official updates on the DFC situation on here, it's simply not the way the owners operate.

Meanwhile, those connected with DFC are very grateful to the league and fellow clubs for allowing games to be played, even if venues are agreed at short notice.

If the fixture backlogs didnt exist planning would be easier, no doubt.

I am also grateful to the management and players for keeping with the club through these difficult times, sadly I don't get to see many games the way we are.

I've not seen our vice-chairman for a while, (my fault, I'm not travelling to many games) but I know that lack of information from him here does not equal lack of effort by him elsewhere.

Edited by thespursfan

I have nothing to add to what Jeff, (TSF) said, other than we hope to have some information on a move forward in the near future.

I think it makes total sense for the League to do whatever it takes to allow Dorking to complete the season.

Like many others I don't know whether there has been any contact with official sources at Dorking regarding the future plans. What I do know however is that the League will need to hear them before their AGM so until then, this is currently a non-story really.

As an aside I saw a Dorking Wanderers tweet the other day that said they would be issuing big news shortly but haven't seen anything since. Obviously I don't know what that news would be, but it's so easy to put two and two together and guess at times. So I won't, in case I am wrong. 

I think it makes total sense for the League to do whatever it takes to allow Dorking to complete the season.

Like many others I don't know whether there has been any contact with official sources at Dorking regarding the future plans. What I do know however is that the League will need to hear them before their AGM so until then, this is currently a non-story really.

As an aside I saw a Dorking Wanderers tweet the other day that said they would be issuing big news shortly but haven't seen anything since. Obviously I don't know what that news would be, but it's so easy to put two and two together and guess at times. So I won't, in case I am wrong. 

It might well refer to this, E&E....

which appeared on the papers web-site yesterday.
Edited by Big J R

As far as DFC  is concerned, (appertaining to certain comments).  If and when I hear exactly what the outcome is as far as Meadowbank is concerned, I promise I will post on here.

I can assure you all that at the moment, there is a lot going on 'behind the scenes' but for obvious reasons to the intelligent on this forum, these details are not for public consumption at the present time.

Edited by Big J R

As far as DFC  is concerned, (appertaining to certain comments).  If and when I hear exactly what the outcome is as far as Meadowbank is concerned, I promise I will post on here.

I can assure you all that at the moment, there is a lot going on 'behind the scenes' but for obvious reasons to the intelligent on this forum, these details are not for public consumption at the present time.

You are hopeful