Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 22nd March Matches

Watched Windsor BSFC today

In chances Bedfont edged it but a draw was probably fair.

A mention about the ref, not seen a performance like that in the middle for a long time

Big loss for us but Colliers Wood have been in decent form and we haven't lost since October.  Just need to concentrate on getting 2nd.

Looking forward to hearing from people that Lammas would bulldozer their way to the Prem ;)

Just for Smudge's benefit before we get another dig !!!!!!

Starting line up consisted of 4 U19's and one U18 on the bench.

One shining light from the defeat was that one of our U18's scored, shame he couldn't convert his 3 earlier chances otherwise it would have been a different scoreline, but hey ho he will only gain experience at this level by playing games!!!

We will continue to do what is best for our club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by True Villain

Spelthorne Sports 22 54pts

Knaphill 24 53

Eversley & California. 25 51

AFC Croydon Athletic. 25 46

Bedfont & Feltham 22 43

Staines Lammas 23 42

Epsom Athletic 22 39

Funny results today, but enough games left for any of the top seven

to Finnish in one of the top three positions

My three are Spelly, Knaphill and Bedfont

I saw Bedfont come from two down against Lammas and should have

Got a late winner, they never gave up

Edited by ASATTGS

Watched Windsor BSFC today

In chances Bedfont edged it but a draw was probably fair.

A mention about the ref, not seen a performance like that in the middle for a long time

Poor game (again). Haven't seen much quality in recent weeks.

The ref - I LIKED the fact that he didn't dish out loads of yellows like most refs, but I really didn't enjoy our equaliser. Being charitable to our player Hicks, who made the challenge on the keeper it may have been 50/50 but when the keeper is motionless and prone on the ground the ref should blow the whistle. I suppose it all happened within a couple of seconds which might be a slim excuse, but I'd have been livid if it had happened to our keeper.

The guy who was sent off wouldn't stop talking to the ref when he had told him to go away, but he wasn't shouting, hadn't adopted an aggressive pose, and although he had outstayed his welcome on the scene his team mate was still motionless, when the ref suddenly snapped and showed him a straight red for his dissent.

Maybe he said something particularly out of order but I actually thought Bedfont were remarkably restrained in their reaction to what I saw as 2 injustices in one incident and were a credit to themselves in the discipline they showed.

Big loss for us but Colliers Wood have been in decent form and we haven't lost since October.  Just need to concentrate on getting 2nd.

Looking forward to hearing from people that Lammas would bulldozer their way to the Prem ;)

I miss #UTL. His constructive comments and intelligent analysis of CCL1 were always a delight.

On the not showing of players today lammas dont deserve to go up but the players that did deserved better. I played an ive a bad back for two weeks as we only had 10 to start. Obviously im embarassed ive never in 400+ appearances been involved in a lammas team thats lost by that amount. Seasons gone by we wouldve been hard to beat an horrible an at least kept the score down. Ref was very poor but had no impact on result. If an thats a big if we dont start being a commited squad of players the lammas will remain in div 1. We need to go on a run now see if weve got the minerals to want to gain promotion. unfortunately for all the non playing staff that do so much for the club today wouldve been a massive disappointment. Well done epsom no complaints.

Good result for us today Lammas make me laugh they signed half are team and Richard butler Jamie lee Matt baker Charlie Hyde and can only get 10 men the team that was top at the start of season must be laughing surly the manager needs to have a look at him self

And the best thing Flint was the away keeper laughing at me as I jogged around to the bench and at the end of the game shaking my hand and saying he so wanted me to come on.  Would have beaten him with a 35 yard worldy so he can thank his lucky stars :)

On the not showing of players today lammas dont deserve to go up but the players that did deserved better. I played an ive a bad back for two weeks as we only had 10 to start. Obviously im embarassed ive never in 400+ appearances been involved in a lammas team thats lost by that amount. Seasons gone by we wouldve been hard to beat an horrible an at least kept the score down. Ref was very poor but had no impact on result. If an thats a big if we dont start being a commited squad of players the lammas will remain in div 1. We need to go on a run now see if weve got the minerals to want to gain promotion. unfortunately for all the non playing staff that do so much for the club today wouldve been a massive disappointment. Well done epsom no complaints.

Whats more disturbing Newby & Redrup, with all the Lammas players signed on and that includes the 4-5 from Bedfont Sports (who are probably lauging their face off), the Lammas squad must be huge, cos almost every week Lammas signed on so called named player/s, so there should not be any excuse.in my eyes IF the players are not serious about promotion. maybe a case for running a reserve team ?    I've seen Lammas play twice this season and on both occasions they were very good and on those performances should be good enough for promotion. 

It is a coincidence Redrup that you were at a wedding and did some of the players attend ?  If not, your manager and the manamgement team who I feel sorry for, they should ask questions of the missing players on how serious they are ?  Its a shame cos Lammas have been on the peripheral of promotion for the last few seasons, so what does this tell you ? 

Are Lammas a club that has a professional set-up to get promoted or is it just a group of mates who are good players, Redrup and Ide spring to mind, where they are out just for  a game of football ?  There is a difference, look at Spelthorne for example, their desire to get promoted !  ..........just saying....not knocking !

Your exactly right ive been promoted an this team on paper is good enough.

Ide hasnt played for 4 wks gone awol

Butler done ligaments out for last 2 months

Smithers knee op

Ive done my back

Hodge hamstring

Baker groin

Bamfords both suspended

Stone ill

It goes on , maybe were just unlucky with all that but jesus 10-1 against a team weve beaten easily is trully awful

Reserves are needed as back up on todays showing we had a 16 yr old lad who was probably our best player.

Hard to take when we last won league twice an now a prime oppurtunity with the quality we have to go up an at the buisness end that happens. Still could go up but we need results to go our way an we cant afford to drop points

Just for Smudge's benefit before we get another dig !!!!!!

Starting line up consisted of 4 U19's and one U18 on the bench.

One shining light from the defeat was that one of our U18's scored, shame he couldn't convert his 3 earlier chances otherwise it would have been a different scoreline, but hey ho he will only gain experience at this level by playing games!!!

We will continue to do what is best for our club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Villain I could not give a toss,how many young players played against Alton,I NOMINATED YOU WOULD LOSE TO ALTON,10 DAYS AGO,my next nomination is you will lose to Windsor in the Cup,and Bedfont Sports will get out of the Relegation mire that others put them in,they have a great bunch of players there at the moment,their current form is all you need to look at.

Going for an accumulator now Ash to beat Badshot Lea twice.

Edited by Smudge

South Park 0-4 Westfield

Cagey first half with Park looking more likely to score. We went ahead right on half time when max Blackmore cut across and finished well. Bit feisty at times with probably the worst official I've seen this season. Was told afterwards he's only step 5 and shouldn't be doing premier games . Not sure if true or not but that's what i was led to believe.

2nd half and we we scored two quick goals simple through balls and both expertly finished my max for his hat trick. South Park just didn't know how to cope with him. They huffed and puffed but created little. Kristian Webb was solid on his debut and we added a 4th in injury time when Blackmore left the keeper and both covering defenders on their arses.

I'm sure it was just one of those days for South Park and they will wrap up the title soon and all the best for next season