Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 22nd March Matches

Fact of the matter is players are not 100% committed if they were the result today never happens. Players out smashed on a friday in previous weeks they know who they are people giving it the high an mighty bollox jesus wake up you get out what you put in. If only people were honest

Newby, reading posts after my recent post, it seems that Lammas are infact a bunch of good players who are mates and go out for a game of football. There appears to be a lack of committment and the professionalism to drive for promotion.  Its all well and good signing named players, certainly on paper, but do THEY really care if Lammas are promoted or not ? ...its a game of football to get rid of what they had the night before.

Its a known fact that many footballers at this level go out Fridayevening and get rat a*sed, getting home 3-4 am, even later, even not at all, but is this what Lammas want and will that attitude get you promotion ? 

As I've said, I've seen Lammas on a couple of occasions and are decent on those showings but if the players, management and club lack that professionalism I believe you will fail to get promotion.   Here's a question for Redrup and yourself, what is the training attendance like, and be honest ?  Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor or s*it ?

I've seen Spelthorne play only once, they appear to have the discipline, drive, commitment, and desire to win and ultimately be champions....but I state that was on one occasion, but as results seem to suggest being unbeaten, a professional approach seem to be in line there.  

Players attitudes will never change at this level of football. Different types of players. You got the ones that attend every training session then u get the ones that know they are gonna play so don't bother training then you get the "I'm better then him" player then you get the players that think they can make it pro but have the most arrogant attitude in the world and then you might just get 1 gem, the one that trains hard, plays hard, don't take the pi$$ out of his fellow team mates or ex team mates or management on social network sites and just gets on with it. But they are few and far between. One thing for sure is that the more mates you have playing together the more u run the risk of things falling apart, there will always be one or two virus that won't be happy and will try hard to turn other small minded players against the club, the club that is run by volunteers who get nothing but joy out of a win!

That's it in a nutshell really.

Players attitudes will never change at this level of football. Different types of players. You got the ones that attend every training session then u get the ones that know they are gonna play so don't bother training then you get the "I'm better then him" player then you get the players that think they can make it pro but have the most arrogant attitude in the world and then you might just get 1 gem, the one that trains hard, plays hard, don't take the pi$$ out of his fellow team mates or ex team mates or management on social network sites and just gets on with it. But they are few and far between. One thing for sure is that the more mates you have playing together the more u run the risk of things falling apart, there will always be one or two virus that won't be happy and will try hard to turn other small minded players against the club, the club that is run by volunteers who get nothing but joy out of a win!

Good post mate but that happens to a degree at all levels the managers are obligated to control it, we often hear about players being dropped or fined at the highest level for not turning up for training or failing to arrive in time for a game,i would say that there is even more danger if the manager is a mate of all of his team, the host club will at some stage be held to ransom and find it difficult to get rid of him/her if things don't go right because of the fear of the players leaving as well 

A damning indictment of Players at this level if ever I have seen one.How about this for committment

Rise at 5am

Start work at 6am

Take early leave 3.30pm from work to travel to Club meet.

Pay your travel costs to meet.

Arrive 4.45pm

Leave Club at 5.15pm

Spend 1 and 1/2hours travelling to away ground.

Pay your Travel Costs

Arrive at Ground at 6.45.

Warm up till 7.40pm

Kick off at 7.45

Play 90 mins Football

Finish at 9.45

Shower/Dress 10.00pm

Quick visit to Clubhouse leave at 10.30pm

1 hr return journey back to Club 11.30pm

45min Tube/train journey home 12.15am

All for nothing,and players do not show committment.You are having a laugh surely. Could be worse though if you happen to get a red or yellow.

Edited by Smudge

Smudge wot on earth are you talking about?? Are you now making excuses for players lack of commitment?? Every player knows what they are getting into when they sign on for a club at this level so your post carries no weight at all.

I simply pointed out all types of players at this level of football that I have come across over the 21 years of coaching that I have never been paid for and have had to get up at 6am every morning to go and work then get to games and all that jazz.

Blah blah blah

Smudge BandF is right players should know what they are getting into when they sign on,when i played for Camberley in the Ryman/Isthmian league we had to travel to places like Eastbourne or Bedford and they always seemed to be mid week but we all knew there was loads of travelling when we signed on,I remember getting in at 2am from 1 match because of travel problems (no m25 in those days )and being up at 5 to go to work

hi all I have been reading this topic and I needed to have my say. I am a ex staines lammas player from last 2 seasons not involved anymore but don't want to name myself because I still have friends at the club and don't want them to feel I am digging at them when really the truth needs to be said.

firstly people feeling sorry for Jamie redrup. I love Jamie but he is a classic example of Friday night out syndrome and although he turns up every week and plays fairly well most weeks, even though completely hungover, it just doesn't send a good message from our captain.

then all the new signings. we started off the season great, granted we got hammered by Spelthorne, but they have backed up that result and we was still 5 wins from 6 games. then the manager signs up to 10 players half from bedfont sports and the rest players who never train and just turn up as they like and play every game. example Charlie ide never trained, turned up on matchdays 2.30 and always played, now 4 weeks on the missing list.

I loved all the bedfont boys but it was very clear from the start that it was a short term stop gap and as soon as the bamfords got another 1st team job, them boys was all going to jump ship too.

in my opinion the buck stops with the management. this scenario was created by not having faith with the players that truly want to play for the lammas and I wonder if steve regrets bombing us for players with reputations.

lammas is very much a team of mates and that's whats great about it, but when the managers and players are more excited about the night out after than the game itself, you do wonder why lammas will never get promoted under this current regime.

I hope this doesn't sound like a old bitter player having a pop, just 10-1 defeat, something needs to be said.

up the lammas, hope one day I can play there again

I do realise what a great job Managers and Coaches do at this level.Their phone bills must be astronomical,pick a team friday night,then 3 late calls it all changes.No manager can ever bring in a Train or don't play policy,unless of course you are Tony Vance.Never been a Manager or a Coach,but in my Municipal days the people who never missed a training session,were what you would call the weak links in the side.Must be heartbreaking for coaches when only 8/9 players attend,no set playscan be worked on etc.

When I was manager at Frimley we basically insisted that the team would be picked on thursdays, now to be in the starting line up it was a good idea to be in the managers thoughts and the best way of doing that was to attend the session on a thursday evening,1 player who didn't drive got his grandad to bring him and never missed,also if a player wasn't in the starting line up and he thought he should be it was an opportunity to talk and agree i was right lol  

Epsom & ewell 3 Ash utd 0

First half no contest as Epsom took full control going 2up just after 10mins, could have been more but we dug in but gave away a killer third goal on the stroke of halftime. 2nd half showed some fight & spirit but still never looked like we was going to get back into the game so we now go into an important week ahead needing wins

Get good numbers at training BG, maybe it might be a lesson for us that it shows us that we do need a reserve team again to help back the firsts up. Don't get me wrong 10-1 does get alarm bell rininging but in all fairness when you have, Bamford banned, Hodge, Baker, Ide, Smithers, Butler, Sean all injured, Liam Stone ILL , Gary James and Dan Lucas work commitments and myself unavailable yesterday it sort of begs the question what else we could of done really there's 8 players who have been regular starters this season. That's why i raised the thought of bringing back a ressies again.

Were not panicking at the club, it was a freak day with players being away etc, we play Banstead away on Tuesday and hopefully there will be plenty of players to chose from. Unfortunately we had 16 players unavailable for different reasons which would never normally be the case.

Steve Wilmore : Work

Gary James : work

Jamie Redrup: mums wedding

Iven: no show

Liam Stone: injured

Gavin Bamford: suspended

Stuart Bamford: suspended

Charlie Ide: AWOL

Matt Baker: Injured

Vinny Hodge: injured

Jamie Lee Smithers: injured

Richard Butler: injured

Dan Lucas: work

Sam Woolard: work

Philip Jacob: work

Jack Watts: moved to Egham Town apparently.

Up the Lammas!!!

With all the talk of player commitment, or lack thereof, contrast with a feature in today's non league paper about the players and committee of Spelthorne Sports carrying out ground improvements themselves. Now that's commitment!

Yep I know Steve their chairman and he was picking up rolls of felt early this morning to finish off the stand

Reminds me of Bob Parker and the early Ashford days

Brilliant

Utility man your spot on, on certain things mate. In steves defence he cant help if players arent committed thats an individual responsibility.But being a stop gap for us ex bedfont possibly now yes as we all know what it takes to get promoted an have this squad got that on yesterdays result not a hope in hell. Who knows what will happen at end of season but if we got promoted it changes options but again who knows. Reserves are whats needed at this level other wise players like yourself have no option but to look elsewhere on the flipside players should be fighting for a place. I to dont agree with players not training but play every saturday you cant get a cammeraderie if one player jus cause of where hes played starts on a sat. Its down to players commitment. Training is usually well attended

Shocked at the Lammas result yesterday.

Im sure I saw Staines Lammas very recently play the same team off the park in Jan or Feb at Ashford Town FC ?

Charlie Ide AWOL nothing new there then.

Well pleased with Bedfont & Feltham result yesterday would love to see them go up a big ask though.

With all the talk of player commitment, or lack thereof, contrast with a feature in today's non league paper about the players and committee of Spelthorne Sports carrying out ground improvements themselves. Now that's commitment!

Have to say that Spelthorne Sports are the best Div 1 team I have seen this season by a country mile .... or any other mile come to that