Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's match against Bedfont...

Fuzzy Royal

After Tuesday's performance I approached today's game with some trepidation. Looking at us starting with no real centre forward (George and Kane not starting) and some of the fringe players having a start (Laza Jnr and Harry Pearse) I wasn't really sure what to make of it all.

So the first half started, with a strong wind, Windsor playing three centre backs in back four, Bedfont with a flouresent giant in goal and a beast of player in defence (possibly a rugby league player) and Windsor with a very small midfield and forwards the half promised little, and delivered even less. A few nice passes but litttle else, nil nil at half time flattered both sides....

Well the second half livened things up a bit, first of all the Bedfont fan behind the goal decided to "get amongst" the Windsor fans. This octo-genarian just wouldn't shut up, non stop flap flap flap went his mouth, saying how great Bedfont are, slating Windsor and their fans and saying how great the CCL was and the officials were fantastic and, well I sort of shut him out after a while.

So, almost on cue Windsor capitulate way too easily and Bedfont take the lead. Whooping and dancing in front of the Windsor fans this gent's delight on display for all, but then it all went the way of the pear.........

A ball comes into the Bedfont box and the keeper goes for the ball, as does Windsor's big strong centre back. From where I was standing it did look like a late hit on the keeper and a free kick, however the ref gave nothing and the ball fell to Laza Snr and a fine strike finds the back of the net. now I am sure I would not have been happy with the decision had it been against my team,, but they happen, and have happened to all of our teams.

So our friend curses and gets over it? oh no, he decides to start abusing the referee, abuse the Windsor fans, abuse the Windsor club and even state that the officials are cheats (the same officials who were the best around not 20 mins ago). Aren't football fans fickle?!?!?

A Bedfont player is sent off for saying naughty things to the ref and this causes us great delight. The keeper is clearly in some discomfort, but when he recovers he goes on to make a draw saving save and was, in my opinion the man of the match. he looked safe and made a few good saves throughout the game.

Once again for the second time in two matches Windsor do not take advantage of the extra man; indeed again I forgot we had the extra man and that is just disappointing.

My concern really is that we appear to have lost something in the league, i don't now if it is the realisation we will not win the league but can win a cup or two, or just maybe a little bit of inexperience or lack of leadership. I still feel taking us player by player we have a very talented and strong group of players in almost every position, as a team however, something appears to be missing. I am sure the cup final will be a great display and a cracking evening, but the league performances have been disappointing. Maybe I do expect too much from our unpaid youngsters, from a team that, due to many reasons, is always changing. But if we are going to push for the league next year we need to be able to beat these teams and grind out a result where necessary.

So come on boys, lets get a trophy or two and finish the season on a high, and who knows what next season could bring.....

The thing that is missing at Windsor is any sort of support from their Fans,the only time they cheered was when they scored,and they applauded the Sending Off of the Bedfont Player.Fuzzy were you the Gobby one with the Walking stick by any chance?

Gobby one with the walking stick?!?!? No I was stood behind the goal listening to your diatribe. I also wasn't the one who entered the playing area and verbally assaulted the referee, very proud of yourself I'm sure.

You need to learn that constantly shouting at people and being rude will get a response, you cannot say "Look at me look at me look at me!!!" and then moan when people look at you.

And loved your comment about Windsor being prima donnas paid £200 per week, shows your complete lack of knowledge about what we went through and why that isn't the case. 

And it wasn't me that  gave you a mouthful about that either....

Fuzzy,think you are confused,at no time did I enter the playing area,I did inform the Ref that his performance was not up to CCL let alone Sunday Standard on several occassions.As for your prima donna quote,think you are bringing up past comments made by me on this Forum,regarding Windsor as prima donnas,which you certainly were.Thankfully you saw the error of your ways,installed a New Manager,slashed a Mega Budget to Zero,went with Youth and have been a better Club for it.Shame non of the posters on this Forum introduced themselves,and spoke to me personally about my rude behaviour,which did not occur.Even the Ref never entered the Clubhouse post match,to have his customary couple of drinks,I wonder why.

Windsor FC fans only cheering the goal and the sending off?

You must have missed the singing, as well as the generous applause they gave the away GK after he received treatment, pulled off a save after his injury and at 90mins?

Also I thoroughly enjoyed standing next to a Bedfont player, who by his own admissions was banned for a terrible two footed challenge, using foul and abusive language to anyone from supporters to the officials to the players. A great advertisement for his club!

Probably the referees fault!!

A typical first time post,slagging all and sundry.Windsor fans and players are all angels?WAG gives it away,Windsor Are Great,I had a great day there,sadly spoilt by an incompetent Ref,that many over the Years have complained about on this very forum.Hope you told the said individual you were not pleased by his actions,NO YOU DID NOT DID YOU,instead you come on here,not known,hiding behind a Computer name.MOUSE.

Good afternoon Smudge!

Thankyou for making myself, a new poster as you correctly identified, very welcome!

Where in my post did I say that all windsor players and fans are angels? I am not a Windsor supporter and I myself know that this is not the case! Also where in my post was I slagging all and sundry?

And thankyou again for assuming my repsonse to my displeasure of the actions of said player. However I did in fact tell him that I was not a fan of his actions. Such a shame as the gentleman he was stood with was very friendly.

Finally my utmost appreciation goes to you assuming I am a mouse? and a keyboard warrior? Why should I apologise for you not knowing who I am, when in fact I have no idea who you are? I am not hiding behind a computer name, when setting up my profile I was required to use a user name. My given name is Samantha Andrews.

I agree games are ruined by poor refereeing decisions, and the ref did get it wrong saturday.

But have you never benefited from a wrong decision by a referee?

Nice to see a bit of good old Smudgey banter appearing on the Windsor Forum.

Might liven it up a bit !

:ph34r:

:bolt:

Hopefully, the referee will not report Windsor FC to the CCL etc for not ensuring the safe passage for players and officials from the field of play to the changing rooms. I think it is utterly disgusting that a spectator should be able to remonstrate with any match official in this manner and does nothing but bring disrespect to the game. As for match officials not entering the clubhouse after they have changed, I am yet to see any do that. What I have seen at many grounds is the officials disappear into a Boardroom for their post match refreshments.

If I was a match official I would hate to have to explain myself to an idiot like Smudge. 

WAG, don't take it personally, please. Unfortunately, sometimes, some confuse quantity with quality and believe that having several thousand things to say about anything and everything makes them automatically right, beyond criticism and rather more important than, in fact, they are. Luckily,  I  and expect many others have no status to uphold, delusions of importance, or misguided need to appear an expert. You'll probably find yourself being accused of being someone else in disguise too, as the clique hierarchy don't appreciate anyone creasing their anoraks and having the temerity to be new to the site. How very dare they?

Archived