Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

8th-10th April Matches

There are three up if they all get the grading (I think I've read the current top three have). Alan doesn't have to 'do his best'.

There's no guarantee any team in the CCL this season will be in it next season due to sideways moves but that has nothing to do with promotion or relegation.

Actually I think Lazarus deserves defending here. This isn't the leagues fault and it was better that they told us to be honest. You'd rather know something than nothing.

As he said, he could have kept quiet about and said nothing but he stuck his neck out and gave. what info he could. Fair play

My beef is completely with the FA.

Here,Here Well put.

Mr Constable

You are a hard working man. I simply stated that putting that out for all to see was not the best thing to do. Does it have an affect on the players and staff that read the post? Maybe!! There are things that should not be posted on public forums and I personally think this was one of them. Again this is not a dig at you as I know your job is very demanding and difficult and we totally respect you for that but for the life of me I just don't get it!!

It seems it worked this year with 16 in Div1 so why can it not work next year?? 3 down 3 up and everything stays the same as this year. Or am I missing something?? Is it down to the CCL or the FA and what's to stop this happening again next season?

Dan

So you believe that lazarus shouldn't post something that might be seen in your eyes as inflammatory, yet you with the name of the club in your logon (which indicates an official link), is able to put:

Deffo 1up. Can't see past that.           

on page one of the thread??

Hmm!

Edited by E&E Rich

There are three up if they all get the grading (I think I've read the current top three have). Alan doesn't have to 'do his best'.

There's no guarantee any team in the CCL this season will be in it next season due to sideways moves but that has nothing to do with promotion or relegation.

Why then would Lazarus have needed to post the following warning just 3 weeks ago VP? Seems a strange thing to do if it had no relevance?

I suspect that you may well be right about numbers for next season.  It is a fact though that were we to have more clubs relegated to us than are promoted to Step 4, which is only likely to be one, and nothing else happens, then the number of clubs coming up from Division One could suffer.

It is right in my view that clubs at or near the top of Division One should at least be aware of the possibility, however unlikely, and I certainly would not be sufficiently confident enough myself as to describe the possibility as rubbish.

You quoted League rule 13.4 (ii) previously but how would you then interpret League rule 13.4 (vi) viz:

vi) Notwithstanding any of the above, should the number of clubs eligible to take part in the Premier Division exceed 24, the number of clubs allowed to join will be reduced accordingly, at the discretion of The Board, but subject to the rules of the Leagues Committee of The FA. 
Edited by Green_Fingers

Epsom Athletic 0-4 Croydon Athletic.

GF - "As an aside most of the commendable work done by Spelthorne was necessary in any event to achieve the grading necessary to retain their current Step 6 status. It's another issue as to whether Clubs that don't have floodlights etc would ever be relegated to Step 7 - hopefully Clubs that want to remain at Step 6 will all have the correct grading before that possibility arises - and many will argue that the gradings are too rigid but then again other step 6 Leagues are already fully compliant."

The Hellenic, Sussex and Kent Invicta are far more lax with implementing their step 6 gradings than the CCL.

Indeed CC, but the clock is ticking. Following meetings back in February the FA gave the Hellenic League an absolute deadline of 31st March 2015 to comply.

http://hellenicleague.co.uk/club_news/thefa.html

FT - Westfield 0-2 Hanworth (Southern Comb Cup Semi Final)

Farnham 0-1 Frimley Green

Wembley 2-0 Badshot Lea

Banstead 0-5 Worcester Park

Edited by Chris Clapham

Westfield 0 v 2 Hanworth Villa.

Thought I would take in this game and it was a treat.  Hanworth had a goal mysteriously ruled out when a Westfield defender thumped a header home in the 1st minute.  Soon after Hanworth were awarded a stonewall penalty which was converted.  Westfield then had most of the play for the remainder of the half and also had a decent shout for a penalty.  If it hadn't been for Bradshaw though Hanworth could well have been out of sight by half time.  2nd half followed a similar pattern.  Bradhsaw made another excellent save and both sides hit the post before a 2nd goal in injury time sealed it.  By that time the home side were going mental at virtually every decision the ref gave.  Personally though he had a decent game !

Also fantastic to catch up with the League's referees secretary who had popped down to catch up with one of his refs.  He is a top fella and will be sorely missed by the league.

Indeed CC, but the clock is ticking. Following meetings back in February the FA gave the Hellenic League an absolute deadline of 31st March 2015 to comply.

http://hellenicleague.co.uk/club_news/thefa.html

Woodley Town have agreed a 3 yr ground share with Reading Town to maintain their step 6 status as there is not much land in Woodley that is suitable for a ground to be developed on it that has not already been taken by housing developers.

For those who do not know the area that well Woodley is east of Reading and Reading Town is nearer Tilehurst which is west of Reading and on a good day 30 minutes apart from each other.

Dorking 0-5 Farleigh Rovers

Chicks got a team out tonight, but only just! No subs and Steve Hurd (how old? ;) ) in goal. Things got worse as it became ten about 20 minutes in after one of the starting eleven received a clattering. Farleigh had a fairly comfortable evening and could have had one or two more. Great effort by every Dorking player on the pitch tonight though in the circumstances.

Glynn's press statement........

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Dorking-boss-praises-assistant-manager-turned/story-20943166-detail/story.html

Villa 2 - 0 Westfield 

Another final, just await the opponents of Epsom & Ewell V Spelthorne

I have to admit TV that Hanworth Villa are a bloody good Cup team...always seem to do well in Vase and domestic Cups as you say ANOTHER final....well done Villians !

Yes a very dissapointing night Krooner!

At the start of the season I was hoping for Epsom to win the league so there would be a Ryman match every Saturday at Chipstead, no such luck unfortunately - Epsom were just not good enough this year!

At least if Park or Camberley come up it will be a comfortable 6 points for Chipstead as they'll both struggle at the next leel.

If the Chips can keep our current squad together we must fancy the playoffs at least.

The leagues not a done deal for Park having a quick look at the table, two successive loses to Camberley and Epsom and its all on again.

After seeing Camberley beat Epsom I fancy them to take points off Park, they are simply too big and strong.

Dreadful night for Stan the Man.  Or was it ?

Yes a very dissapointing night Krooner!

At the start of the season I was hoping for Epsom to win the league so there would be a Ryman match every Saturday at Chipstead, no such luck unfortunately - Epsom were just not good enough this year!

At least if Park or Camberley come up it will be a comfortable 6 points for Chipstead as they'll both struggle at the next leel.

If the Chips can keep our current squad together we must fancy the playoffs at least.

The leagues not a done deal for Park having a quick look at the table, two successive loses to Camberley and Epsom and its all on again.

After seeing Camberley beat Epsom I fancy them to take points off Park, they are simply too big and strong.

Ooops !  You were saying Stan.......Spain aren't a big, strong team but they are World and European champions!..... . ;)