Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 26th April Matches

My take on the Windsor v Mole Valley goal fest:

Windsor out of the blocks like an express train and took the lead in the first minute or so with a bullet header from Kane Jones. Kyle Lucas scored the second with a neat finish and all looked good for a comfortable day at the office. MV then had a player sent off for what looked like retaliation. Kane Jones was then sent tumbling in the box by the impressive MV keeper. Clear penalty, no arguments at all but the caution for the keeper was totally unnecessary. Once again, our inability to take advantage from 12 yards out was exposed as the ball clipped the top of the bar and disappeared into the car park. The nonsense of that yellow card was exposed when, not for the first time, the MV right back took out Lucas from behind. Now, if any challenge during the game warranted a yellow then that was it. We were all bemused by the referee's decision - two wrongs do not make a right. 

That MV went down to ten the thought would have been that they would have retreated into their shells. Far from it. If anything, their general play improved and were always a threat going forward. Their effort and determination was rewarded with a very good goal on the stroke of half time when the referee played an excellent advantage. 2-1 at the break.

The second half started as explosively as the first when Kyle Anthony spanked home from a few yards out. Still MV would not lie down. Even when Lucas scored his second with a brilliant free kick into the top corner MV's heads did not drop. Out of the blue and a wind assisted cross deceived Carl Dennison and flew into the top corner. A couple of minutes later and a free header brought the scoreline to 4-3. It is the Windsor way to make things difficult for ourselves. Thankfully, Kane Jones rounded off an excellent performance when he slid home his second  after a great pass by Rob Lazarczuk. 

On that showing, if MV dhow the same effort, desire and commitment, their last game next weekend should be a cracker. I have seen far worse sides come to Stag Meadow this season. 

And, once again, the pitch was in excellent condition throughout the game. It really is hard to believe that on looking at it that it had had a full season played on it. That leaves us with two games to play which are away to the swamp that is Farnham Town and then South Park next Saturday. 

As for the ref, I think we had him at Colliers Wood earlier in the season and I thought he had a shocker. Yesterday, he was better but still screwed up with the use of his cards and perhaps spent too much time talking to players and captains instead of just getting on with the game.

Agree re the ref - but I saw a suited man with a notebook and an assessor (if that is what he was) always has an impact in that way.

I thought it was a thoroughly unprofessional (inappropriate choice of word I know) end of season performance from Windsor. Far too loose and sloppy.

We could and should have won that by at least 5 or 6 clear goals but couldn't really be arsed to put the effort and concentration in.

Still, 8 goals, I'm not really complaining. Much. Just being objective.

That was what I saw but can't believe it???

That's a massive mistake if it's true

Is it not possible that the team sheet was changed after the picture was taken - perhaps due to last minute change of plan? Refs wouldn't allow an unnamed sub to take to the field surely?

Through players that no each other. It also states on there match report that he scored (knaphill)

Is it not possible that the team sheet was changed after the picture was taken - perhaps due to last minute change of plan? Refs wouldn't allow an unnamed sub to take to the field surely?

Seems to be all quiet on the Knaphill front at the moment?

https://twitter.com/KnaphillFC - crystal clear on here.

Our match report v Hanworth Villa is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN58.html

For what it's worth, I thought Hanworth were very good and on that basis, Ash have nothing to fear as Horley won't touch them. In fact, if Horley lose by one goal on Tuesday they will need a two goal win v Mole Valley and Ash will be safe. If I were Horley I'd be worried about losing to Hanworth by three or four and making their job near impossible on the final day.

If Hanworth were beaten on Tuesday though, it would leave Ash in serious trouble as I'm sure both teams, knowing that a 0-0 draw will keep them both up will hardly venture outside the centre circle. For the neutrals, the perfect result on Tuesday will be a single goal win for Hanworth.

You'll note I haven't dwelt on Epsom's performance today. Probably just as well. Only one player played well today and he has been superb all season. He should be playing at a higher level and I'm sure he will be very shortly.

Edited by E&E Rich

Just out of interest, and I hope it doesn't happen either, but what if it did?

Let's say Horley win tonight. Unlikely, but certainly not impossible. Then Mole Valley SCR and Horley Town play out the tamest of all 0-0 draws to send Ash down instead. They would have broken no rules and I very much doubt that anyone else would do differently if they were in that position.

Is the League at fault? Certainly they could have prevented this. But how?

This is not a criticism of the CCL or lazarus, and I also know I'm speaking with hindsight here, but the only way you can stop this occurring is to have a full set of fixtures involving everyone on the final day.

Next season I would suggest that the 25th April fixtures are set in the usual way with a game for every team but they cannot in any circumstances be brought forward. Then in the event that the League is extended, it should be that week's fixtures which are moved back to 2nd May and the rearranged fixtures are all scheduled before then, either on the 25th (assuming no ground share double bookings) or on the midweek before the 2nd May. This of course can only work perfectly if you have an even number of teams in the Division.

My club suffered in exactly these circumstances back in 1986/87. Our last game was a midweek trip to Basildon and we won 3-0 but Walton & Hersham and Oxford City still had a game left and their unsurprising 0-0 draw a few days later took them both out of the bottom four and left us and Tilbury to face the drop to the Isthmian League Division Two South and North respectively. If Ash are destined to go down, I hope it doesn't happen this way.

The thing that makes me think things can happen,in an unusual way is twitter.

2 seasons ago Whyteleafe needed to win their last game,which they duly did,but would be relegated if Burgess Hill beat Dulwich,Burgess Hill 21st v Dulwich 3rd,other scores on twitter made it clear that Dulwich could not improve their Play Off place,and low and behold Burgess Hill scored a very late winner.

But there is a saying what goes around comes around,so I was personally delighted,when Sittingbourne scored a late equaliser against Burgess Hill last Saturday,denying them a Play Off Place.

On another subject Guernsey are 3/1 to beat Levred tonight over 90mins in their Play Off game with Bet Victor,fill yer boots.

E & E Rich

For what it's worth, I thought Hanworth were very good and on that basis, Ash have nothing to fear as Horley won't TOUCH them. In fact, if Horley lose by one goal on Tuesday they will need a two goal win v Mole Valley and Ash will be safe. If I were Horley I'd be worried about losing to Hanworth by three or four and making their job near impossible on the final day.

If Hanworth were beaten on Tuesday though, it would leave Ash in serious trouble as I'm sure both teams, knowing that a 0-0 draw will keep them both up will hardly venture outside the centre circle. For the neutrals, the perfect result on Tuesday will be a single goal win for Hanworth.

You didn't get much of this right!!

Edited by HTFCSUPPORTER

Hanworth truly live up to their nickname though VILLIANS.Hardest team to predict in the CCL.Rumour has it that Mole Valley and Horley are to be nominated for Oscars for their performances on Saturday,but at least they kept Ash hoping,0-1,1-1,2-1,2-2,2-3,3-3,4-3,4-4,alas no goals after 70 mins.

A fool may think something, a bigger fool might say it in private, but to put on record what could be interpreted suggestion of collusion without any evidence really does take foolishness ( or an attempt at notoriety) to new heights.

Mind you, I'm sure some of those making the suggestions are best friends with the centre forward's dog groomer's next door neighbour's sister...or some other impressive 'source'. Of course it was convenient, but if the wounded reckon they'd do things differently if the boot was on the other foot...