Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cray Wanderers v Enfield Town

express delivery of selected highlights of the afternoon. both goals (sorry for the angles but you get the idea of how great and important they were) - 

COME ON YOU TOWNERS!!  GREAT SUPPORT TODAY 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM_HTUQKfbI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by thecoldend

Congratulations to everyone at the Club for ensuring another season in the Isthmian Premier League, nerve jangling though it was at the finish. It was probably hard watching the matches towards the end but it was also hard here 12,000 miles away in Australia. I got up in the middle of the night to see the results. I am very glad I did not sit up and watch the Twitter feeds as they evolved. That would have been too much, seeing Wingate pile on the goals and East Thurrock coming from behind to win whilst we had not made our game safe.

Having said that, after only gathering 16 points in the first half of the season, it was a remarkable turn around to gather 35 points in the second half. This was good enough to be the equal 8th best second half record and without the four game blip prior to the Cray game, would have been good enough to be top 5. The second half of the season was much more even throughout the league. In the first half, 2 teams achieved 50 plus points, none in the second half, with the highest being Bognor's 46.

After the first half, four teams had 16 or fewer points. In the second half only 2 teams gathered less than 20 points. Two teams more than doubled their first half tally - ETFC with 35 against 16 and Thamemead with 31 against 15. Despite winning 6 of their last 7 Thamesmead still didn't do enough. Who would have predicted the way the bottom teams picked up points at the end.

Thanks to all the people who helped me keep abreast of happenings, including The Col End with his wonderful website with videos, photos and reports.

Anyway, here's looking forward to a slightly less nervous next season. Well done.

Fair play to Enfield Town. A great club with a great support. All the best in the Ryman Prem next season.

From a rather gutted Wingate & Finchley supporter.

From experience of previous seasons, 4th spot still gives you a slim chance of staying up..If  teams from other leagues can't make financial and stadium requirements.ect

WOW ........what a match, what a result, what an end to the season, what a relief !!

No praise is too high for George and our players who kept their nerve, withstood the physical challenges of a determined Cray side, and in the end deservedly clinched the three points needed to avoid the drop zone. Thanks guys, great achievement, very well done, you really did us proud!

Nothing is impossible for those who believe, and Towners were finally rewarded, at the wire, for their loyal un-wavering support over the past season.

It was brilliant to see so many Enfield folk at Bromley yesterday, and the atmosphere generated by our supporters made it seem like another home match.

This was a match that left everyone present emotionally drained and mentally exhausted, but in the end it was mission accomplished!

We are staying up and will look forward to playing in The Ryman Premier League again next season. Fantastic!

Well done everyone. Have a great summer!

Ah, it was never in doubt! Although having said that, I was a little concerned that George was going to have a heart attack as he had messages relayed to him from behind the dug-out about Wingate's ever-improving goal difference!

Now that excitement is over we can look forward to a full pre-season with Borg at the helm. I wonder whether our improved form since his arrival will convince him that we don't need too many additions to the squad?

Will Lee White simply sign as a goalkeeper next season?

Will Jamie Richards abandon playing and become a full-time ultra?

So many questions...

Well done on staying up Enfield Town, good club and a great bunch of fans.

Look forward to meeting you all again next season.

Just as well yourselves and my Rocks both won on Saturday to ensure our premier survival.

Over at Wingate, Billericay Town were doing their best to spoil our party, just going through the motions with only two subs on the bench (one of them was injured and could not have played anyway)

Heres to 2014-15.

Enjoy your Hols !!!