Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tring Athletic Management

Tring Athletic are looking for a Manager & a Coach for their "A" Team in the Herts Senior League. As well as running this team the candidates would need to work with "B " Team and U 18 Team Managers promoting players to the Reserves in the Suburban League and ultimately to the 1st team in what promises to be a pivotal season for the Club. This is a great opportunity for the right people to get involved at a good level of grassroots football. Please phone Mick on 07810696696 or Chris on 07737408121

Redimp - First team, Reserves, A team, B team and Under 18's is a big operation for any Club at our level of football, you need totally dedicated people in the trenches who will tell the missus or girlfriend where to go if they even dare to suggest going shopping, I hope you manage to find someone half as decent and committed as Tony Armitage was.

We've run 4 Saturday teams for the past 10 or so years, so that isn't anything new to us. I ran the A's for a year which was good fun while I was injured and also notched a couple as a super sub!! Also was the first player to play for every side in the same season.

Historically we've "lost" a lot of 18 year old Tring lads to uni but hopefully some the new U18s will stay involved in adult football with us. Also adding an U15 Sunday side - see below

Season 2014-15 will also see the addition of 2 new Youth teams at U18 team level playing mid-week, managed by Nick Seaton and Matt Hayward and U15 level managed by Graham Poll and Ian Butler

Edited by tringarmy

One of the best centre backs I've seen over the last 10 years of non-league football ground hopping. Not sure he has kids though, might just be doing it for the love of the game. They should get him involved with the first team!

TringArmy - Is there any chance that the Club will go down on bended knee to Tony Armitage and try to bring the great man back to Cow Lane for next season

TringArmy - Is there any chance that the Club will go down on bended knee to Tony Armitage and try to bring the great man back to Cow Lane for next season

If he is that great I'd imagine he'd be insulted being asked to help run the 3rd team. Is Clement Temile available ?

If he is that great

TringArmy - Didn't you work with Tony before he sadly left the Club so surely you know how great he is. I meant bringing him back in to Coach the First Team as the players loved him didn't they and he had them eating out the palm of his hand.

Dear Mr.Rhodes Would there be any coaching vacancies at Edgware that might suit Touchline Tony?

Redimp - Is the Pope Catholic but surely the great man wouldn't be interested in a Step 6 position, travelling from his Luton base would also be inconvenient

Munchkin - With respect what has Wisezola achieved during his tenure at Cow Lane since arriving from London Colney

Munchkin - Tony wasn't the Manager at Cow Lane though was he, he played second fiddle to Wisezola

Redimp - Is the Pope Catholic but surely the great man wouldn't be interested in a Step 6 position, travelling from his Luton base would also be inconvenient

Luton to Tring 35 minutes

Luton to Edgware 38 minutes

Very inconvenient

Munchkin - With respect what has Wisezola achieved during his tenure at Cow Lane since arriving from London Colney

In my opinion improved the squad from where we were at the start of the 2011/2 season.

2011/2 6th in league

2012/3 1 cup final & 1 semi. 16th in the league

2013/4 our best ever run in the Vase as a club & 10th in the league plus a vastly improved reserve squad / set up.

The club overall is in a better position now owning our own ground & having all 4 teams based one the same site. Club plans have always been about building a sustainable "business" rather than be funded by one individual that may then get fed up or walk away & leave the club in the lurch. Knowing what it costs to run a football club I've no idea where some of the teams in the SSML get their cash from. This is especially apparent for those that shell out for a groundshare but then get no obvious income other than gate receipts on crowds of 20 or 30 & sponsorship.