Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Say no to League 3

Works in Spain and other countries. Works in lower non leagues such as Hellanic and the kent league, who have res sides in lower levels of the same league system. U21 football is not the best arena for the future talent here to progress through so surely this is a positive when looking at developing future english talent?

It does work in Spain and elsewhere but I am inclined to think that it like comparing apples and pears. There is much greater strength in depth in English club football and I am really not sure that it will do what it is for.

I downloaded the full report today and have read the relevant parts (although not the whole thing as yet). It is obvious that they know that there will be plenty of opposition and do spend some time attacking those who don't like change.

The proposal is to create a new League 3 with 20 teams; 10 'B' Teams and 10 teams from the conference. If more Premier Division Teams create 'B' Teams then they will be fitted in the Conference. It implies a 3 up 3 down incentive although it isn't clear that includes the Conference. The 'B' teams wouldn't play in FA Cup or League Cup but perhaps in an expanded Johnson Paint Trophy. The majority (19 I seem to recall) of the 25 registered 'B' players have to be under 21. It suggests that when the 'B' Team plays away there are likely to be bigger crowds and the 'B' Team is likely to attract bigger crowds than Under 21s or Reserves have. I am not sure I know what this is based on. They also say that the 'B' Team will either play at their stadium or effectively groundshare with a nearby club in return for improved facilities and better pitches it says.

It is worth reading through the report and I will do so over the next week or two. I am not sure I think this would be the end of football as we know it but I don't think this proposal is going to achieve its objective either.

All they need to do is establish combination sides,and make sure clubs play players of a standard in them like they did upto the late 90s

Take back the game from the primadonnas who play at top level and clubs use the reserve leagues to keep players fit and to bring players through.

Scrapping the loan system would be a start as well,meaning you would have to use reserve players for what they were actually designed for.

Just watched the report on Sky Sporfts News this has not gone down well with a lot of clubs from all leagues state they have had no contact by the FA to discuss the idea before it went public.

Camberley and Frimley would definitely benefit,improved facilities and better pitches,oh and a Groundshare with a Big Clubs B Team happy days.Foreign owned Clubs,with Foreign born players is definitely the way to improve the English game.Money rules the F.A. Roost!!!!! again.

Works in Spain and other countries. Works in lower non leagues such as Hellanic and the kent league, who have res sides in lower levels of the same league system. U21 football is not the best arena for the future talent here to progress through so surely this is a positive when looking at developing future english talent?

Fleet Spurs,it works in Hellenic and Kent League? Does it though,the Reserve Sides cannot get promoted,numbers are low due to Ground Grading issues,thats why they are included.The F.A. should relax the ground grading immediately to allow steps 7 Clubs,the chance to improve.The CCL this year will be encouraging Clubs to allow Reserve sides in to Div 1,just to keep it going,Why cannot 14 Clubs play each other 3 Times= 39 games,is this against F.A Rules.English Talent? the big Clubs invest in Foreign talent,at a very young age,mainly because they have had access to better coaching,English Football has failed to invest in this area of the game,therein lies the problem,not just in football,but all sports.

One big problem for clubs at and around our level is to secure the funding to improve facilities. I would bet a few pounds that clubs like Chessington and Farnham would love to be able to install 3G pitches. Now, if the FA were to embark on a course of improving facilities lower down, coupled with increasing the number of properly qualified coaches then we might see the situation improve.

Nice to see that the F.A. Commission had 2 English stalwarts,namely Howard Wilkinson and Danny Mills advising them on the way forward,for the English game. 2 people who played the beautiful game :D WE ARE ALL DOOMED.

One big problem for clubs at and around our level is to secure the funding to improve facilities. I would bet a few pounds that clubs like Chessington and Farnham would love to be able to install 3G pitches. Now, if the FA were to embark on a course of improving facilities lower down, coupled with increasing the number of properly qualified coaches then we might see the situation improve.

According to the report (attached) - the FA are embarking on a review of grassroot facilities

the-fa-chairmans-england-commission-report (1).pdf

Just as a further reflection; it is interesting that the proposal is for a new League 3, between the old fourth division and the conference!   They draw comparisons with Spain and Germany etc but if they were looking to adopt this approach then surely a Championship 2 would have been a more honest response.   The problem is, I suspect, that they want to get teh support of all the Premier and Football League Clubs.

I am genuinely not sure what benefit the under 21 players will derive from a cold Tuesday night fixture at Forest Green Rovers or Braintree Town (and I say this with the utmost respect to both these clubs).   If Premier Clubs want their up and coming young players to get experience they will want them loaned to Championship or maybe League 1 teams... this means that 'B' Teams will not reflect the exciting talent they suggest, in my opinion. 

The FA have recently introduced changes to football at junior level but these have not had a chance to embed themselves and prove their effectiveness.   It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

This proposal warrants the DEATH of The Pyramid in one fell swoop and is ABOMINATION, ANATHEMA to every serious & sensible football player & supporter in England!

The proposal is manifest crackpot lunacy at obvious tangent to the 'real problem', which IS the lack of qualified coaching and organisation at all under-18 levels.

And for wont of a 'qualified' FA Commission that is actually able to identify where the problem really resides, we are to sacrifice the progression prospects of 99% of clubs throughout the country, 100% of our proud heritage & tradition ~ for what?

The unproven and desperately unlikely benefit of a mere ten clubs... from the FA Commission's misbegotten bonfire of its own vanity.

A FATAL HUBRIS, IN TRUMPS!

R.I.P. English football.